'Frisian Duck'- A test grow.

cannybuzz

Guest RandyBoBandy

deffo agree, you wouldnt mistake it for marijuana growing amongst other plants in the garden... no shots yet canna, ill get some pics in a week or so.. looking at the last pic i took in here they should be flying along now, specialy with the weather at the moment.. its lovely!

nice update mate, looking good :D

• Like 2

Hi Randy'.

This weathers the good isn't it. Sun all day round my way n' no change forecast. Looking forward to seeing your GG shots. Sorry to read in Random shots that another of your plots got ripped. Bummer. :( We were out in the countryside today for a walk n' I saw so many places these would disappear in. Places where even from a distance a regular looking canna plant would stick out like a sore thumb. I hope the high is there because if it is n' these finish ok,then the UK 's gonna have a new plant out in the wilds. :)

• Like 1

looking great Randy 'n canny!

We are really pleased the webbed leaf structure has lasted throughout, which allows the plant to remain incognito - important for those looking for a stealth variety to put behind the tomato plant in the greenhouse or perhaps in the corner of the garden.

Lets see how the next month goes. Exciting stuff !

Thought it, a quirky name Hazy gave the DFDF Cb................................. "Quick Quack" & Quacky Baccy"........................ Novel for sure............ would rather the "Frisian Quack Dew".................. what do you think Cb.............. do we have the final brand name................. on a formal footing now Cb ?/......................... you are wey ahead of Hazy's DFDF...Cb.............. nice growing Cb you sure CannyCanGrow......... CannyBuzz, nice work.... AB

looking great Randy 'n canny!

We are really pleased the webbed leaf structure has lasted throughout, which allows the plant to remain incognito - important for those looking for a stealth variety to put behind the tomato plant in the greenhouse or perhaps in the corner of the garden.

Lets see how the next month goes. Exciting stuff !

CannyB, looking well mate;................ a thought just occurred to us here,........... just imagine the spots you could actually put these in, and the improved chance of them, not getting bushwacked, because the bushwackers, wont realize, what they are there, untill it's to late ..........

........................................................and you walk in a wk before the end of last week of flower,, and take the fruits of labors home.........."With You" bro......

i know these are in your enclosed garden Cb....... but esoterically speaking, for the rest of us wanna be Outdoor Spot Hunters......options widen somewhat........... me included, if i can find em a spot, next season......DFDF

Then there is the 'FunSun" spots.......you might find on your gio globe satellite spot hunter searches........... with "Suitable Access"................... and stealth laden exits !!..... like father Christmas walking out off the woods with a huge sack of flowers !!.................... stinking soo sweet and looking all purple in the sack ... AB.....

The DFDF is so different than the usual, outdoor xmas tree's 7-8-9 foot, outdoor specimens, bushwackers wouldn't even give it a second look, in their hast, even in wk 3-4 flower i recon........

So tempted to get a piece packet of DFDF cabbages, and pop em out one to each risk assessed spot, etc.... and sit back and watch the fun etc......

They say we have had the best of summers of recent times,........... the outdoor season this yr, is a 1 in 6yr high sun hours summer ??............... numbers come up there man..........

what a year then, for your 1st outdoor DP test run with a new outdoor super stealth, low recognitious strain, designed for such a low recognition response,

from people who are only looking for the usual looking plant bro............

DITCH THE DEALER & TAKE TO THE OUTDOOR LIFE !!

Envy ya..........that bullseye feeling mate,...... good luck for final run to finish line with these "Groundbreaking" pheno's the DFDF Cb, and the summer end continue to hold up temps and sunshine bro into October........ AM

• Like 2

.....Update....

The weather's holding up n' the outdoor plants,mine n' Randy's,as things stand are getting the chance to finish well. I am always aware that I didn't achieve a true outdoor GG this year. This has accidently given us the chance to see these plants in three different aspects. Wild,enclosed garden n' indoors. So I'm glad I didn't get out in the wilds this year as it has inadvertently given us a better overview. lol.

Here's my garden variety.

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'.

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'.

I've tied it down a bit more,the pot now laying on it's side. Because it had to stretch so much,this has worked in it's favour allowing lots of space for the separate colas to grow. Ok there isn't much on it but this wasn't really the idea behind the grow. This time round I was only intending to see if it was stealthy enough looking to be grown. So far so good. For a true GG grow we have to turn to Randy's grow.
@@AutoMaster, 'Dewy Duck',ha ha,I really don't know how to name it AM. I think DFFD is too formal for such a wacky Canna plant but it sure isn't an easy one to name. Good luck DP.
I'm going to re veg the purple Pheno; as I think it's the most stealth looking n' using it's offspring I'll be putting this out all over the place. From a distance these look so much like flowering thistles that any patch of those would make a great plot n' I've already found a couple of spots.
I'm extremely lucky to be at the forefront of the work surrounding this strain. That's all it is though,luck. Lucky to be in the right place at the right time. I'm by no means a great grower but I'm not the worst either. Just your average homegrower who by reading 'Soft Secrets',(a great way of keeping up with the latest developments,new products n' growing ideas),being on 420 n' applying what lessons I've learnt to the grow,rather than thinking I know it all,(something I see a lot of, :(),am managing to keep myself in good weed. For now anyway.
And now,the final push. One month n' I reckon they'll be done. Mid October it is then. I wonder if in that time the leccy man will knock the front door wanting to read the meter. If he does he'll be within a meter of the plant in my garden. Then we'll see how stealthy they really are, lol, lol.
....Happy Grows....
:)
  • Like 7

Guest RandyBoBandy

Hi Randy'.

This weathers the good isn't it. Sun all day round my way n' no change forecast. Looking forward to seeing your GG shots. Sorry to read in Random shots that another of your plots got ripped. Bummer. :( We were out in the countryside today for a walk n' I saw so many places these would disappear in. Places where even from a distance a regular looking canna plant would stick out like a sore thumb. I hope the high is there because if it is n' these finish ok,then the UK 's gonna have a new plant out in the wilds. :)

cheers mate, yeah was a bummer :( my first hacks... ah well

hope ya dont mind mate, took some shots tonight...pics dont do them justice, as i walked in i could see silhouettes of nice size buds :) ill be sure to take nice/better pics when i harvest in the day

gallery_32555_8509_1104.jpg

gallery_32555_8509_27539.jpg

gallery_32555_8509_1347.jpg

gallery_32555_8509_78393.jpg

slightly later pheno

gallery_32555_8509_11996.jpg

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 5

@@RandyBoBandy,don't mind at all mate. Nice looking budz! I reckon they'll finish ok don't you? There's more purple coming through on my later pheno' but it's definitely different to the real purple one. I've found mine started to yellow a bit during quite early flowering. A good dose of Algamix has greened them back up but they're definitely light feeders. Feel free to put up any pics you want .The more the merrier. :)

Guest RandyBoBandy

yeah mine started to yeallow too.. i stuck down some feed a wile back but think ill leave them now, they dont have long left... yeah they will deffo finnish mate, before the month is over

awesome weather at the moment too, so that should give them a nice boost for the final stretch, considering they was in a small omount of compost in clay soil, they have done great

cheers canny :yep:

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 1

What an interesting plant. Been following Randys sterling efforts and seeing this plant flourish has really pricked my ears up. Wonder how it would get on at a more northern lat?

@@cannybuzz thanks for the reply, I am shortlisting strains for next year and given the stealthy look of this plant it could end up being a strong contender. Were these feminized seeds?

• Like 1

Looking really good and all, it's a wicked plant

But I got 3 questions.

1. Is this man made? I.e. genetically modified plant/seed?
2. It surely doesn't look like any sort of cannabis, more like nettles - a nettle cross, so how do you know it hasn't got some other chemicals instead of the normal THC and cannabinoids?3. What's the smell and smoke like, and thats what im gonna pull up for and wait for now

all the best bro :yinyang:

• Like 1

Guest RandyBoBandy

i thought it was just a normal cannabis plant that mutaded..then that mutaded plant was worked with to keep the webbed trait.. its just normal cannabis with mutaded leaves

ill do a smoke report as will canny :yep:

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 2