'Frisian Duck'- A test grow.

cannybuzz

Hi, @@bad Penny hope this year's gg's going well for you. DP have crossed the Wally Ducks Ducksfoot with Frisian Dew for this version. It's showing the purple of the Frisian on one of my Indoor plants. The one I've got out looks like it's green,no purple. Randy' was surprised mine had started flowering already n' has since seen that his outside ones are starting to. Hopefully the Frisian side may help them finish. Here's hoping.

Edited by cannybuzz
  • Like 1

Guest RandyBoBandy

thats what im hoping... if im honest i didnt expect them to be in flower yet, i have a good feeling for 1st week of october

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 1

I also noticed that once they've started flowering they don't hang about. At least that's apparent on the more IndIca purple plant indoors. The taller green pheno' outside is also forming the beginnings of good colas pretty quick too.

• Like 1

.....UPDATE....

I noticed this visitor on my Suburban Special. I think it's liking the purple hue of this flower.

DP A New Special Version

I thought this outside plant was the green version n' had no purple. I was wrong.

DP A New Special Version

Although there doesn't appear to be any purple in the upper canopy,(what there is of it), lol. There is some purple in it's lower side stems flowers.

DP A New Special Version

I've given it a bit of grow to help it deal with the stretch n' tied it down some more. There's yellowing of the lower fan leaves but the new growth is all good with tight internodes at the newly forming bud sites. Purple may begin to show in the upper colas but there's no sign of it yet. I think the insect in the pic is an Oak Bush Cricket. At least that's what it said in the book I looked in for reference, lol. It's on a lower branch. I left it there,hopefully munching on any aphids etc and not the plant :fear:.
.....Happy Grows.....
:)
  • Like 4

CannyB mate have you seen this; The current DesFran "Cup List"...................... no wonder i am stunned !!............... so far................... AM

Cannabis Cups:
2009 Copa Del Plata 1st Outdoor Iván
2011 Masters Córdoba 1st Outdoor Hansen
2011 Masters Córdoba 2nd Outdoor Chirry
2011 Copa del Mar Champion Alberto
2012 Copa Río de Janeiro Most Potency Alberto
2012 Copa Río de Janeiro Most Flavor Alberto
2012 Copa Cannabiscafé Most Potency Mr Cultivo
2013 Copa Del Plata 2nd indoor Alberto
2014 Copa C.A.B.A. 2nd indoor Lio

Some serious genetic credits there bredren........... the DuckF/Dew is coming along nice Cb................. superb work, as allway's............................... AM

• Like 1

Hi AM,

I haven't been following the cups. There are so many things I don't cover,that I should. The cups being one of these things. I haven't even got my latest copy of Soft Secrets,i been that busy. I see you do follow them though bro. Without wishing to appear too ignorant. What is the significance of that list AM? Is that the placings of Frisian Dew or Ducksfoot in the cups on the list?? The shorter Indi' of my two indoor plants is showing the Frisian in a beautiful display of purple. The other taller one seems to be a green version only n' has a completely different Sativa structure. The other outdoor plant is coming on apace n' I'm hoping the Frisian side will help it finish. As always,thanx for your help AM. The Wilma's coming along nicely too. :yep:

• Like 2

....UPDATE....

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'- A New Special Version.

DP-Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'- A New Special Version.

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'- A New Special Version.

Now at 4wks,the indoor 'Specials' are doing really well. The green pheno' is starting to come on nicely. A very light feeder though!! Both have had only water for a week after they went a lil' bit too dark with slight clawing on the green pheno'.

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'-A New Special Version'

The Purple Pheno' is an absolute blinder. This pic doesn't do it justice. By the end of week 5 I expect the top cola to be the size of a can of cola. A week will see if I'm right. lol.
Even with no feed for a week there is no sign of yellowing in the bottom leaves. I'll give 'em 2ml Ionic bloom n' some Ionic boost next feed n' see how they go. The taller of the two is about 120cm/4'. Hats off to ya DP. If they smoke as good as they grow you're on to a winner. :yep:.
...Happy Grows...
  • Like 3

Guest RandyBoBandy

looking solid canny! very well grown mate :D reckon your outdoor might be a little infront of mine

well i thought i had green and purple pheno but turns out there both purple, ones lighter and a bit later...

hope you dont mind canny ? just popped out to see mine

the faster purple pheno, about 6,5

gallery_32555_8509_26628.jpg

and the one i thought was green...

gallery_32555_8509_9.jpg

gallery_32555_8509_75799.jpg

realy hope you dont mind canny.. just thought if people look the plant up as well :yep:

ive enjoyed growing these

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 5

Hi Randy'

,no prob's with the pics mate. looking good too. I've found the one of mine outdoors that I thought was green also has like yours some purple to it. It's def' lighter though n' more sat' oriented. I tried a night time shot last night but the flash spooked me n' I didn't take another. The one I took missed most of the plant too.lol. I'll try again when it's further into flower. I think they're gonna be early. Beginning to mid oct'. They'd get lost from view in a nettle patch. atb. :)

• Like 2

looking great Randy 'n canny!

We are really pleased the webbed leaf structure has lasted throughout, which allows the plant to remain incognito - important for those looking for a stealth variety to put behind the tomato plant in the greenhouse or perhaps in the corner of the garden.

Lets see how the next month goes. Exciting stuff !

• Like 2

Hi Tony, They're looking good mate. It's fun spotting the different pheno's ,only for the plant to show me to be wrong again.lol. The purple does appear to be there in the taller pheno' too but to a lesser extent. This will be an exiting month with 'em. :).

• Like 1

.....update....

Hi all,in two weeks the outdoor plant in the corner of a garden has gone from,

DP A New Special Version

to...

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'.

I'm not used to seeing an outdoor plant develop but even so. This is quick flower development isn't it?

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew.

Because I'm more used to seeing the way a bud takes shape when flipped from 24/24 or 18/6 to 12/12,I wasn't ready for how quickly the colas are forming on this.

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'.

I'd say the longest cola on this lil' cluster is 15cms. It's hard to get a side on shot as the plant really does blend in with the ivy on the wall behind.
There's no real aroma as yet n' a fox or ten come through the garden at night n' their scent is masking any tell tale scent from the plant.
Suns been out n' the weathers fair at the moment. Hope it lasts. There's some yellowing of older fan leaves but the newer growth seems ok. I'm not going to push these as I've noticed they're easy to over feed. Fortunately I've managed to err on the light side when feeding n' slight clawing on the green sat' pheno' indoors has been pulled back easily enough after a few days plain water. I'll put pics up of the indoor ones next time. I'll get 'em in the dark too. Show off there tric's, lol.
....Happy Grows....
  • Like 5

looks good, especially the stealth appearance. The key question will be whether they finish in time for a UK outdoor grower - its good to see that they doing their best.

Fascinating grow ! next few weeks will be key

• Like 2

Alrtgt CB................... i recon very few people would spot this Dame in garden or wild spots, with cover, as you cant tell it is a dame, untill the last moment when flowers look like usual flowers !!............ right near the last post at harvest time. Got to be an advantage overall............ for stealth outdoor and greenhouse & garden spots................... can see how your friends didant spot it much earlier in the grow, in your garden CB...............

DFDew do look great mate..AM

Ps; the significance of the DesFran Cup List, is that it came out wey after i started them, like you and your un-known strain, i had no idea of lineage, no wonder i had been impressed with the Df, similar to the duckfoot, and that is also coming out great as well CB in your hands bro, you and, Hazy in the med, are the only two (OutDoor) & Indoor guy's, testing this new "Looking" kit at the mo as far as i know,

Better than any cup list bro !!................. i am sure this strain will win a similar amount of rewards when she hits the mainstream CB, and you will have had a direct hand in that bro, a cherishable thought... and nice work to, on them CB, looking at DFDew pics in your gallery CB, yield looking good as well,... superb bro........... AM

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 1

Hi AM,

good to have you here again. Just to clear something up. Another 420 member got the seeds too. Tony told me @@RandyBoBandy got them too and that we're the only two to get them in the UK.

Randy' has posted some pics on this thread a few post back on this page.(have you got any more pics Randy?) He's doing a true GG rather than the indoor n' garden grows that I'm managing. His GG imput gives us all three theatres of approach. The indoor ones of mine that I said were 4wks in my post of 31.august was wrong. I'll check again but I think they were more like 6wks. They may not have that long to go now. :). Although the Purple one has all the colour going on,the taller green pheno' looks more Sativa like n' it'll be interesting to see what difference,if any, there is in the buzz. Thanx for the info on the cup list AM. I think you're right about this strain. If,(n' there's some way to go),if I can get the one in the garden through to harvest. It will be the first canna plant ever grown in this suburban situ' because of security worries. It's only just entered full flowering so there's still the question of aroma but so far so good. It definitely gets easily lost to the eye among other garden foliage especially the ivy. It gets broken up in other ways too. Diamond shaped trellis with a clematis climbing up it blocks the view from one angle. :yep:

• Like 1