'Frisian Duck'- A test grow.

cannybuzz

CANNYBUZZ

presents

DUTCH PASSION

--------------------------

'A SPECIAL VARIETY'

-------------------

When @@DutchPassionTony contacted me n' asked if I'd like to try a new 'special variety',i thought long n' hard about it,n' thirty or so seconds later after a quick read through the details, lol, replied! Yes please mate. What's special about them?

Dutch Passion 'A SPECIAL VARIETY'.

WEBBED LEAVES!!! :shock::fear:
Yeah alright...I can hear people going; :oldtoker: That's not a Cannabis leaf! It sure is though.The pic is of a leaf from this plant

Dutch Passion 'A SPECIAL VARIETY'.

As you can see,it bears a DP tag.So no, I'm not messing with your heads,this really is a canna plant n' it really does have webbed leaves.
This could be a major breakthrough in stealth gardening. As the thread goes on I'll be putting up more pics. Ive got three plants on the go. One outside in a suburban garden,the other two still indoors 'cause of security issues,but hopefully to go outside still,although time's getting on.
....The Plant early on outdoors....

Dutch Passion (A Special Variety). 2014

.....Webbed Leaves.....

Webbed canna leaf-Dutch Passion.

Webbed canna leaf-Dutch Passion.

Webbed canna leaf- Dutch Passion.

@@RandyBoBandy has a grow in the GG Outdoor forum for another look at this strain but that maybe your only other look at 'em as Tony says they're not out n' about yet. Details,not many as yet. They have a name but I'm going to let Tony fill you in on their genetics. He knows this thread's coming,n' I'm sure he'll pop by before long.

No I'm not a Dutch Passion monkey ready,to dance to their tune for a handfull of beans,nor am i anyone else's,for that matter. I'm a canna freak! This is an advancement in the canna world. I'm on it :clown:. Have a look at the pics,I'll take some more n' post 'em up. I've just supercropped the more suburban of the three.She had to stretch to reach the sunlight,hidden as she is in a Babylon garden, :down:.

:yahoo:,WEBBED,I say,WEBBED leaves! :yahoo:

.Gotta be good.

.Happy Grows.

:)

Edited by Abe Froman
To change topic title at OP's request.
  • Like 8

Guest RandyBoBandy

looking good cannybuzz! looking forward to seing them in flower.. how long before they go 12/12

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure there is already a webbed leaf strain, remember reading about it a few years back. It was called ducksfoot or summin like that. I forgot all about it until I read this. I'll be very interested in this one. Atb mate

• Like 10

I'm pretty sure there is already a webbed leaf strain, remember reading about it a few years back. It was called ducksfoot or summin like that. I forgot all about it until I read this. I'll be very interested in this one. Atb mate

There is and it is called ducksfoot mate. :yep:

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 13

@@RandyBoBandy,ta mate,yours too. Not sure whether they're staying in yet. So flip them indoors? or get them out. That's still pending.

@,you're right,there was.this is it. :)

@@Saddam. Ducksfoot has been mentioned by Tony but he asked me to leave him to fill in the details. I'm told the genetics have been around for years but no one has been able to stabalize it. I hope DP Have moved things forward.

Thanx for replying folks.

• Like 1

There is and it is called ducksfoot mate. :yep:

funnily enough I saw ducksfoot for sale the other day , says it goes 10-12 weeks .

u.s.c released it a bit back .......here's their description

The line is very stable, with typical Ducksfoot's leaves. Flowering time is about 10/12 weeks, for a spicy and sweet peppery smell/taste and a very relaxing effect. This plant has not only visual, but a lot of potential. inbreed from 4 génération .

Edited by Taro Yokota
  • Like 1

I have never seen any ducksfoot types produce what we would call a proper bud/cola,I've grown them outside before.The structure is quite,quite different from a traditional cannabis variety,it will be interesting to see if DP have managed to produce a ducksfoot which doesn't suffer from the usual issues.

Are these automatic or photoperiod,and I'm assuming they're fems?

Edited by The lone stoner
  • Like 3

Hey folks,looks like I'd best get the new part of the title changed.lol. Didn't know they'd been for sale before. @@The lone stoner,they're photoperiod n' fems. I think it'd be best to follow randybobandy's thread for out door results.

I have never seen any ducksfoot types produce what we would call a proper bud/cola,I've grown them outside before.The structure is quite,quite different from a traditional cannabis variety,it will be interesting to see if DP have managed to produce a ducksfoot which doesn't suffer from the usual issues.Are these automatic or photoperiod,and I'm assuming they're fems?

Where did you get your ducksfoot from? Pictures I've seen look like a totally different plant during veg but once they hit bloom they have a big central cola that is obviously weed to anyone who has seen a flowering cannabis plant before. If I remember rightly the pics were from a guy who called himself wally duck. Maybe they just didn't like the outdoor growing conditions in our climate?

• Like 1

Ducksfoot has been around years,I am sure wally duck is the original breeder/person to release them.

I got mine from an auction site.I have only seen pics online of the cola you are describing.All the DF plants I've grown or my friends have grown have produced tiny nuggety little buds made up of a running calyx akin to the famous dr grinspoon pic but tighter.

• Like 3

Anyone give me a heads up on the aroma when flowering.Strong?skunky? The top leaves at the growing tip smell strong enough already. I supercropped the outdoor one today n' it could definitely be smelt.Good job we've got some nice lilly's growing by it. I guess smell is always gonna be an issue.

Hey Cannybuzz or should I say 'Man from Atlantis' ...never heard of webbed canna before. Hope the rest goes smooth as.....subbed :)

Nice to see you seem to have your tech in order again too...happy days :)

• Like 1

I found the plants to smell quite like celery,throughout,until some familiar cannabis smells developed later.

I suppose a lot will depend on which of dutch passions staple varieties has been crossed into the ducksfoot types as to the smell you'll get.

It would be interesting if @@dutch passion tony could let us know whether this is an f1 from the ducksfoot and ? parents and then the best example selfed to produce feminised seeds,or the result of reversing one of their varieties and pollinating a ducksfoot type,or the other way around (reversing a ducksfoot female and pollinating a known female).All 3 ways would produce feminised ducksfoot cross seed.

• Like 1

Yeah duck's foot. Meant to be an Australian outdoor strain or some sheet. Will watch this one.

60-72 days flowering too, they reckon.

Edited by Chester Copperpot
  • Like 3