'Frisian Duck'- A test grow.

cannybuzz

Hi @@AutoMaster. I've seen that leaf structure before on walks,in the grass. Not exactly that plant but something with the same branch n' leaf structure. Again,mint comes to mind when I look at the single leaf. AM, the info you pm'd me on the reason for the two different pheno's,that they could be Agrimonia n' Eupotorium characteristics,(hope I got that right,lol,) was very interesting. If you have time could you put that idea up on this thread as I think it's an important piece of info for folks to know n' I'd only get the info muddled.

@@max Trichomes. I think there's a place for this strain. I was looking at some ivy making it's way out from a hedge row n' could see how this variety would be easily lost to the eye if planted near to that. As for the Auto q', @@dutch Passion Tony can answer that. I bet they're working on it.Hey guys? :)

• Like 1

...UPDATE...

.12 days flowering.

DP-A Special Variety.

DP- 'A Special Variety'.

I'm impressed,well impressed actually. After just ten days flowering they were displaying groups of pistils. Not a few but lil' bunches of pistils. Cool. If it carries on like this it's gonna be cola bound. Just how we like it. The internodes as you can see have closed right up with no sign of stretching at all in these first two weeks of 12/12.
Her sister plant has grown slightly taller but still hasn't stretched. She's taking longer to form her flowers as well.
I see what Punta' means about the stretch outside. The one in my garden has done just that in the last week. It's being eaten at the top as well. I'll have to zap it with some plant vitality. Anyone who's got some ivy growing on the ground or up walls could plant this close by n' it would be lost to the eye.
Hope everyone's well.
Happy grows
:)
  • Like 7

cheers Canny,

we can say a bit more about the new variety, its one we have wanted for a while, combining our Frisian Dew with Ducksfoot genetics to try to produce a variety that will be useful for outdoor and greenhouse growers wanting a variety with stealth appeal

• Like 5

Hi Tony,

:trumpet: :trumpet: 'FRISIAN DEW',

There you go folks. I already knew it was a cross n' not just Ducksfoot. (Of course I'd been told that but I too was in the dark as to what the cross was.)

A few of us jumped the gun then but now we know it's genetic makeup for sure,it'll be interesting to watch the different genetics coming through.

Frisian Dew seems to have been a popular choice for our UK outdoor growers over the last couple of years that I've been on here. Some nice colours to look forward to then n' a good smoke n' yield. Good choice for our European climates. I've tied my suburban Special down as it's decided to have a true growth spurt over the last week. Some top side shoots look to have put on 30cm. Ridiculous.

Dutch Passion- 'Ducksfoot X Frisian Dew.'

I'll keep bending the main stem,tie down some shooting stems as they grow n' maybe even put a screen over for a scrog. Depends on how low I can get her over the next month.
I've blitzed her with Plant Vitality to sort out whatever was eating away at those top leaves. Gave her 1ml of BAC organic grow.
As for the two indoor 'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew's (I've been looking forward to giving them their true title, lol),the two separate pheno's are now clear to see as not only do they look different but they're also flowering at different rates. One shorter n' faster flowering than the other.
Cheers for putting the info up T. I'm sure some FD growers will be interested in this cross. :)
  • Like 4

Hi Trikie mate, hope all's good with you. Had tech' probs. that n' being computer thick.lol. n' I've not been out on the boards much. Started a hydro at last. Is that what you're doing?

These Specials are proving a really uniform plant. The two indoor ones are starting to flower. Light feeders with both sativa n' indica dominant pheno's. The ind staying at about 3' n' the sat' I think may go to 5'. I'll get some pics up soon but it's thumbnails for now as I can't seem to copy n' paste from my gallery. Take it easy Trikie. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

....Update...

.....The Purple Phenotype....

DP-'A New Special Variety'

The Frisian Dew purple pheno' side can be seen in that shot of the indoor indica dom' plant. It's roughly 3 wks into 12/12 n' is remaining compact.

DP-'A New Special Variety'.

That shot is of the suburban Special which has just started flowering in the last week. There won't be much on it but I'm determined to get it through to the end outside. I'm going to bend it over some more yet. Then leave it n' see how it goes. So far it's only had grow nutes.
The other indoor plant that is more sativa dom' isn't showing the purple phenotype displayed by it's indoor sister neither is the outdoor one showing any purple trait.
.Happy Grows.
:)
  • Like 1

Guest RandyBoBandy

looking good canny :D thats awesome news on the outdoor too.. ill have to go see mine soon, i realy didnt expect them to start just yet.. good stuff

Hi @@RandyBoBandy,

the outdoor plant is just outside of a kitchen window n' try as I might,after dark the light from that room goes off n' on a few times til' bedtime. This may have affected the plant but I don't think this has messed with it's flowering times. I can only wait n' see. I'll be interested to see if yours have started flowering too. @@dutch PassionTony are the Ducksfoot or Frisian Dew early flowering mate? The Sat' dom' version indoors is flowering too but definitely a week behind the Ind' dom' one.

A fair way off track but I've just spent the last few hours cropping these two bubblegum plants. Nice they are too.

Bubblegum-TH Seeds.

Bubblegum-TH Seeds.

Bubblegum-THSeeds

Bubblegum-TH Seeds

My son n' his partner have just had their first baby ,a boy. :)
Bubblgum's one of his favourite weeds,(my sons,not the baby, lol, So I grew a couple. Must be 3oz on each :)
Lovely pink hue to the budz. What with the purple pheno' special n' now this pink looking bubblegum. It's been good to see different colours to the usual green.
Not that I'm complaining mind. lol.
...Happy grows...
:yep:
Edited by cannybuzz
  • Like 3

Looking good C.

As it goes my garden gets flooded with light from two halogens regularly, it hasn't seemed to affect flowering.

• Like 2

Hi P,good to hear from you. I suppose it's just the same as car headlights moving across a weed plot. I suppose it would have an effect if it were on all or most of the time but as is should be ok. :)

• Like 2

Guest RandyBoBandy

I'll be interested to see if yours have started flowering too

went last night and they are mate :D both green and purple pheno.. purple is ahead

thats some tasty looking bud you have there!

• Like 1

Hi @@RandyBoBandy, cool,nice one. My purple pheno's ahead too. Is your green pheno' taller than the purple n' more canna looking. That's what's happening with mine. The purple one has really retained the webbed leaves. Thanx about that bud. It weighed in well too. Just brown bagged it n' will give it another week,then into the jars.

I'm pretty sure there is already a webbed leaf strain,....... It was called ducksfoot

Wallyducks ducksfoot never finished properly in the outdoors here in blighty a few of us grew them back in the OG days,wallyduck is an aussie grower,good luck with your grow mate.

• Like 1

Guest RandyBoBandy

no worries mate, wish my dad grew awesome weed to share with me!

they both seem pretty much the same, purple pheno is only slightly taller and wider and im sure they are both pretty much webbed still but maybe that will change as they go further in to flower

enjoy your Bubblgum :yep:

• Like 1