'Frisian Duck'- A test grow.

cannybuzz

Ta for that @@The lone stoner,I'm sure Tony can fill in the info gaps. That Dr Grinspooon pic is radical. Berry looking budz. If it turns out like that,I'd wonder on the yield from a single plant covert outside. T says they go about 1-1.5m.If the cola's tighter though it may produce something. Indoors? We'll see.

@@shire,thanx mate,tech' was a nightmare to sort 'cause I'm a f'cking tech retard, lol. Done now n' running fast too. It'll be a while before i get a uniform grow like yours going. I'm always impressed when I go to your thread.

@@Chester Copperpot,i like the moniker mate.So it may be Australian? We're having a heatwave where I am now,but it won't last, lol. I'll definitely keep one indoors to make sure it gets lots of rays. May start calling it cobber along with the occasional g'day mate. Make it feel at home.

Thanx for looking in all.

ETA Hi Vapes,let's hope it's a smooth one.

Edited by cannybuzz
  • Like 2

ive done wally`s ducksfoot ,it will show webbed leaves during veg stage but during flower it produces normal cannabis shaped leaves ,it also does produce big fat buds ,indoors but its a big plant ..outdoors you gotta have a good 6-8 hours of sun for it to bud out properly ..but you will get bud but you also need a lot of flower nutes or phosphorous from what i recall ..i may plant one agaiin soon to see how it goes under led .

• Like 2

Thanx @Vince noir rock n' roll star. Just been told this has a bit more to it than the original. One of mine is like that,almost returning to normal growth while it's sister grown in the same enviro' is remaining webbed. Guess we'll have to wait for DP to release the info. I do know that this particular version is at an embryonic stage. Leading me to think that some traits have been changed.

• Like 1

Hi 420's,that was a constructive start to the thread. Reading back,i've learnt a couple of things.Firstly;don't start a thread -so n' so presents,it sounds right up yourself, lol, lol. Secondly,not to be so easily swayed. Not all the info's on the table yet n' although folks have experience of Ducksfoot. As the title says,this is a 'Special Variety',with no mention of Ducksfoot Talking together by pm some weeks ago @@DutchPassionTony used the term Ducksfoot but not as the name specifically of this variety. As I understand things,The original Ducksfoot genetics are there but they've been altered.. He asked me not to be too specific n' this is why I've deliberately withheld some info on this plant. Still am. It's Tony n' DP's gig n' there's no one better to give out the details than them. I'm going to enjoy the grow,ta T,which is the idea n' in the process post up pics n' what growing info I can provide. The ones indoors are doing well under a 400w mh n' a 400d/spec hps. They like a big pot,but then don't we all. lol. atb.

odd leaf structure on the right:)

I've never seen a leaf structure on a cannabis leaf like the lines in this one.The right hand one of the two.
Long n' thin,short an wide. But frickin Webbed,Now,that's some f'cked up sh't. HaHaHa!

@@cannybuzz Hi mate, this looks really interesting from a stealth point of view.

It'll be great to see how you get on.

Something that you could grow under peoples noses would have a lot of potential.

All the best for a good grow. I'll keep an eye on this one and look forward to your smoke report.

Edited by forest dog
  • Like 1

Hi @@SpiderKamenetzki,yep back,n' good to be back. A very different plant to your Starryders mate. Let's see how they go on. Cheers for looking in.

@@forest dog. A smoke report seems a long way a way mate,but i'll do my best. atb.

@el stoned,thanx for your imput. I hear your point about the smell. We need to remember though that this is 2014. Nine years on n' as mentioned this is a new variant of a strain. Let's wait n' see what this new version does on yield. atb.

Its just a novelty imo, still looks like cannanbis to me and smells too I presume, about as stealth as tying red balls on in an attempt to make it look like a tomatoe plant.

• Like 3

Hi @@erbivore9,

These pics are of a plant n' it's leaves that aren't Cannabis. True.

This is NOT a Cannabis plant

These are NOT Cannabis leaves.

These are pics of a plant n' it's leaves that is Cannabis.

Garden Plants.

Webbed canna leaf-Dutch Passion.

While I take your points. To the untrained eye,which is n' which isn't.
Does everyone know what Cannabis smells like? A novelty?
The same was said of autos!
Tony mate,looks like you lot should hang up yer coats seems like the future's already sorted.
Edited by cannybuzz
  • Like 1

If someone has reason to believe you have cannabis growing in your garden the fact the blades are fused together is not going to make any difference if they come looking for it. Hiding vegging plants is easy but we dont smoke them untill they are covered in buds and stinking, ime there are far more people who know the smell of weed than have seen a real one growing (plenty of phoney ones on tv programs that look much less like cannabis than this) so I doubt if anyone found it they would even notice the weird leaves.

As for autos, they are just a backward step imo but arguably usefull in a very small amount of situations at the cost of quality, these on the other hand seem aimed at the paranoid and offer nothing new other than giving the false impression that if the cops come knocking they will be unable to see past webbed leaves.

• Like 1

Guest RandyBoBandy

"No I'm not a Dutch Passion monkey ready,to dance to their tune for a handfull of beans,nor am i anyone else's,for that matter. I'm a canna freak!"

well said :) same here, i love it! though i get the feeling thats what me gg buds in the gg section think... even though for me the cost of some beens for the season is fuck all.. anyways, hope you dont mind me posting a couple of outdoor girls from about a week ago

dont feel you have to defend dp or the plant.. just enjoy your grow, and lets see how they do :yep:

gallery_32555_8509_2467.jpg

gallery_32555_8509_11837.jpg

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 5

@@erbivore9,that seemed a far more reasoned comment to be fair. It's true what you say about most knowing their appearance and smell but still some don't. I never put canna in my garden because of neighbours recognizing it. This time I have n' only because as it stands at the moment it is stealthy in veg n' has so far gone undetected. In flower no way round my way.. I'll prob' have to move it. I'm leaning towards the view that if at some point in it's cycle it can be less recognizable then in some senarios it can be of use. I like a good full bodied 3-4m Sativa .I've found a use for autos though. I've got some in my veg room. A crop of Ratdogs Cheese,Psychosis are a while away n' A couple of BlueberryautoMazar are ready for the chop,so will keep me going for a while. As much as I'd like the landraces saved. Hybridized plants are here. Ta @@RandyBoBandy,just saw your post as I typed this up. I don't mind defending the plant,n' i'm sure DP can handle the flak. lol. @@erbivore9 is only having their say but if I walked past one of the plants you've just put pics up of,I'd do just that,walk straight past. As it stands it doesn't yet look like canna to me.

Edited by cannybuzz

Guest RandyBoBandy

wish id put it to the test and planted one amongst some weeds/nettles in plain view of walkers/dog walkers.. see how long it would have stayed,

actually im very gutted my slow brain has only just thought of it... i would have enjoyed that

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 2

The problem with Ducksfoot as an outdoor strain (i'm only talking guerrilla here) is, once it's got a cage on and all the surrounding vegetation is cleared so it can grow well it just doesn't fit in with the natural look of everything else, it's a nice smoke though. :)

Plants are looking nice, it's hard to get them to look 'neat' because of the growth pattern of the leaves. ;)

Edited by CAD
  • Like 2