Wally Duck-foot

GanjaGreg

A freind came from oz to visit me and he had this Duckfoot bud......

bloody awesome,reminded me of blueberry/haze I tried in Amsterdam..

Great taste and 3 hour high,up high and ceberal........

He told me the leaves of this plant dont look like cannabis leaves , and you can put it anywhere and only a GOOD grower would spot it !

Im planning on doing crop of this next summer , but first I`ll have to find some seeds...............

Can anyone help for seeds or any advice on this breed........? :wassnnme:

hi GanjaGreig, i saw this strain in the2 big book of buds, looks like an ideaL OUTDOOR STRAIN WITH THE CAMO LEAVES. (caps) never tried it or grown it but here is a link to a grow report. if this is spamming please feel free to remove the link.

Hello,

It's got very fat leaves, is sativa dominant, useless under lights, light, fluffy buds, could be finished in a greenhouse I suppose. And it still looks, and more significantly stinks like a cannabis plant.

Heres what I wrote, elsewhere, in Sep 2002, the thread was concerning an auction of said 'F1' beans

Hello,

Thought I should chime in here, been wrestling with my conscience all day, and despite not wanting to, felt I should post.

I have grown out ducksfoot, it is vigorous in vegging, the leaves are as advertised, it has a really beautiful, spicy scent in flowering and the smoke is a fine, non-Dutched sativa dom (huge stretch in flowering and loose buds, good against mould), a mite rough around the edges but very nice.

The yields, in my experience, in an indoor environment, are not good, I grow sativa doms, in the main, and I wouldn’t recommend this plant to any indoor grower. However, this is my subjective opinion based on popping 5 beans, hardly scientific, but if I compare another Australian sativa dom that I grow and love, Penguin’s Aussie Bush finishes in the same (give or take) 70 days and in similar conditions yielded three times as much as the duckfoot, and I consider the AB a reasonable rather generous yielder.

Sorry for posting as a newbie, don’t post here much, and hushmail.com my email contact requires money.

I’m sure the seed producer, Wallyduck, is a fine human being, and I’m glad he liked my CB outside, just felt the need to share my experience. If it is an ibl, the funky leaves and mould resistant loose flowers would be nice traits to play with for an outdoor cultivar.

Just my thoughts, felt it right to share them

U

Oh, and it’s a filial backcross, therefore in theory, a worked, inbred line (which breeds true for certain traits), it can’t be an F1 (which would the crossing of two distinct lines).

Not sure if that helps any - I really didn't like the strain much

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i guess i can dispell a few myths here ....

ducksfoot is an outdoor plant produced in the tropics .

it will grow much the same as many equatorial strains indoors , (not well in flower)

they are just not suited to indoors ..

their realm is the hot outdoor tropical regions ...

anything less will not give the same results ...

this information is nothing new though ..

utopiate , it is not correct to compare that bush sativa to ducksfoot , they are different strains produced in different locations and do not have the same traits ... your right , about yeild in far norther climates , it will be terrible , as the plants are from the equator .. i dont know of any that will grow in the sort of location you mention successfully ....

also i am well aware of it being an ibl , i never said at any stage that it was an f1 , just some folks make mistakes in descriptions ...

perhaps a latitudal guide to growing some seeds outdoors may be useful to those that dont have a good enought climate ....

just thought id add a few pics to back up my claims ..

im sure youll notice they are not small plants ??

youll see my yeild problems are more too much , than too little .. :) ..

i realise utopiate is only trying to share the experience he has had , though i feel it isnt very accurate considering other reports ive gotten and my own experiences ..

best to clear it up ...

if you decide to grow a strain like ducksfoot , its a good idea to do a little research on back ground and its suitablility to you and your grow styles and locations ...

personally i would never bother to grow these sorts of sativas in cold climates or indoors ... it is not something wrong with the strain that you get bad results indoors,, it is the unnatural environment you expect them to grow in .. same goes with outdoor climates not suited to tropical sativas ,, results will be poor ....

choose your strains more carefully ..

post-10910-1133396288_thumb.jpg

post-10910-1133396352_thumb.jpg