JORGE'S DIAMONDS/Orange Hill Special/The Edge[A joint venture]

cannybuzz

Cheers P mate,I love this site. I've seen this oxidizing of the sap before but never knew it was because of the haze element. Blimey i've grown loads of hybrid strains with haze in. Never knowing that that this sap was an indicator of haze. I know the history of the plant as in it's origins but not enough about how different strains evolved. That's a great link. Thanks. My new seeds form DP are here. 'The Edge' 75/25 sat/ind n' 'Orange Hill Special' 50/50. I'll add them to my JD diary. Cheers. :yep:

• Like 2

Nice buds there cannybuzz very nice indeed, the JD's are defo on my to do list :) Like the sounds af the new strains too, that you have n1, orange skunk city here we come :)

• Like 1

Hey All'

As I said the new seeds are here. :yahoo:.Thanks Tony n' Dutch Passion. Timing couldn't have been better,as i put the last two JD's went into 12/12 This morning. Making eight in all.

These last two are late in as i was waiting on soil. My fault. I should've got more in last time. Tip. If you're buying a bag of soil. Buy two. I've got a nice 'Special Queen' at 6 wks in with the JD's in 12/12. She'll help bridge the gap. I've got a series of JD's cuttings to put in next.Then I'll start the new seeds. I've found three seperate pheno's so far among the JD's. There may be more,we'll see.

I'll put info about these up in a seperate post. @@Punta Roja kindly put up a link about Haze. Part of the JD's makeup,it's prompted me take a more in depth look at how the JD's came about. It's ok saying the plants are either Indica/Sativa dom' or 50/50 in the case of the 'Orange Hill Special', but how this is bought about is interesting. So,more of that later.

Here are the newbies.

:yahoo::yahoo:

gallery_80526_6686_29508.jpg

'Orange Hill Special'

Fem.

50/50 sat/ind.

21% Thc.

8-9 wks

Origins.Orange Skunk,

O.H.S.selected from Orange Bud n' Californian Orange.

This is DP's latest member of the Orange family n' produces a good yield.

'The Edge'.

Fem.

75/25 sat/ind'.

17% Thc

8-9 wks

Again,Skunk origins.

Another new member of the DP family. I chose this variety for it's higher Sativa content.

I'll post more about 'The Edge' as i find out.

It'll prob' be a couple of wks before i start these as i need to free up room in the T5 cupboard

.Not too bad as it stands.

@@dutch Passion Tony put some more sealy bags n' some tags in with the seeds.Thanks T.

The Bags will start filling as the weed finishes burping n' the tags will be helpful with all the seperate pheno's

that are popping up.

As @@shire so aptly puts it-hope all are nicely stoned!

:)

• Like 4

Nice buds there cannybuzz very nice indeed, the JD's are defo on my to do list :) Like the sounds af the new strains too, that you have n1, orange skunk city here we come :)

Hi @@shire,ta mate,the JD's are definitely a good smoke with a good yield too. Good for a scrog n' a keeper too.

• Like 1

Hi

I've been in the cupboard sorting plants n' as ever grabbed a few shots of 'em.

P3 'Billie's doing well.

I've moved her directly under the light for her last 2wks or so.

gallery_80526_6686_33458.jpg

Nice thick colas.

gallery_80526_6686_89984.jpg

P5 'Venus'

was gonna be too tall so i supercropped her.

The two supercropped stems can be seen supported by fishing line tied to the top of the center stake.

gallery_80526_6686_10569.jpg

She's showing Indica Dom'

Here's one of the canopy showing the top of 'Billie' beside one of the two newest 12'12ers.

gallery_80526_6686_171174.jpg

This sort of cupboard can only exist in perpetuity if it has a ready supply of cut's/plants to replace those that finish.

Here they are.

gallery_80526_6686_198851.jpg

They're the four cut's taken from P3 'Billie'. One's staying as mum,the rest are going in to 12/12 over the next month.

This pic shows the prop' with cut's from the other two phenotypes.

gallery_80526_6686_64971.jpg

N' so that continues,once a week i do more.

gallery_80526_6686_180296.jpg

Which as you can see from the pic is always made easier by a bowl of what you're tending.lol.lol.

The cupboard by now has all plants in 'n F1 cut's ready to follow.

Hope you're all well'

.Happy Grows.

:yep:

• Like 5

.Weekly, lol,Update.

Two more of the ladies are approaching maturity!

Billie n' Benita.

My missus wonders where the names come from.err. Bill n' Ben. lol. lol.

Although a week younger P4 'Benita' 46 days is finishing quicker than her sister P3 'Billie'.52 days. This i think is because she(P4)

shows a more Indica leaning,her budz nugzier than P3 'Billie's' more feather like flowers.

Have a look and see what you think.

gallery_80526_6686_166258.jpg

She's nice n' Tricy',showing her Diamond's.

gallery_80526_6686_143072.jpg

A good size,i've seen the weight going on in the last week. This'll continue for another week easy,maybe longer.

Again though to preserve the high element,as long as the Tric's have some cloudy in 'em,I'll take her down.

'Billie' 52 days.

gallery_80526_6686_153980.jpg

on the other hand has two weeks perhaps three.

gallery_80526_6686_33260.jpg

You can see the Sativa side in the length of the bud when compared to the Ind Dom' of P4 'Benita''(too formal),

let's call her 'Benni' from now on. Not everyone knows,so a quick explanation's in order. Why name 'em? A bit Prince Charlie innit?

Helps with identifying which cut's have come from which plant,is the simplest answer.

These two shots of 'Billie's side stem budz show that she's just starting to change.Lovely orange bursts

in the cola where the pistils are just going over.

gallery_80526_6686_157094.jpg

gallery_80526_6686_228207.jpg

I like how oily she's looking. I see the balance in 'Billie' of 80/20 Ind/sat that DP n' Jorge bred her to be.

The colas are long,covering whole branches.Solid too,nice Indy nugz but with a Sat' slant to 'em. You can see

the oil for yourselves. Remember I've hardly had to do anything to these.

The only remedy I've had to make is a correction to overfeeding in their early weeks of bloom.

IN THE FIRST 4-5 WKS OF BLOOM THEY ARE LIGHT FEEDERS'

I can't stress this enough!! If you overfeed a short flowering plant like this,repairing the damage can cost say 2wks.

That's if you're lucky n' first spot it,(clawing) n' secondly,deal with it properly. That means lots of plain water just

to fix it n' all the time time is being wasted when the plant could've been feeding. P5 'Venus' is an example.

One feed too many of grow n' bloom during the first 3-4 wks of flowering at 1g/2b ml per ltr n' she clawed. She's had water only

5ltrs twice over the last 4 days n' will get 2ltrs per day over the next 3 days. I'll put pics up soon to show

the difference in growth. I'll put up a full feed schedule for the JD's soon.

Here's a shot of the canopy as the light came on. The other shots were minutes earlier.

gallery_80526_6686_1153.jpg

I love it when the perpetual grow has reached this stage. Plants are finishing one after another n' cut's taken from 'P3 'Billie'

are in line to join the 12/12 cupboard.

:):):)

Two plants down,dried n' being enjoyed. Time for a growers treat.

gallery_80526_6686_99406.jpg

(JD's BHO)

Looks like Jorge's Diamonds

But It's Gold. lol. lol.

Hope everyone's enjoying their grows.

Edited by cannybuzz
  • Like 5

Looks like you've got those JD's sussed mate, looking lovely! Next time I grow them I'm gonna follow your lead.

Let one of them go amber if you want a good nights sleep! lol

• Like 1

Hi Man',

ta for reply yep,i will let one or two go over,but i'm a sat' head at heart n' prefer the up high that that the sat in these gives. I like diaries. If there's a grow schedule included all the better. Saves a lot of hassle for anyone thinking of doing them. What i've found with these is if you only give them grow n' root stim' in the first two wks of bloom then 1ml bloom n' bloom stim in week 3 up to 2ml bloom n' bloom stim' in wk 4. Same in wk 5 + 1ml grow if they're fading. 3ml for wks 6-7,then start knocking it down in week 8. Enviro's everything isn't it. Keeping temps in range,water soil air.

Then they sort of grow themselves. We're just their slave.lol.

• Like 1

Cor, things have been progressing in here since I last popped my head in your cupboard. Lovely looking stuff, CB! The BHO looks lovely... and plentiful! Enjoy, mate!

• Like 1

Hi @@Sun Tzu, ta for that. Yep it surprises me how one month there's not a lot to see n' then,one day i'll open the grow up n' there they are. My wife had a quick look the other week. A rather longer one the other night.lol. atb.

• Like 1

.Decoy Duck.

(Stash Pot.)

I was given this quirky,(quacky),stash pot. See the position of the wings in the two pics,n' the colours at the bottom of the wings n' on the neck frill.

gallery_80526_6686_124853.jpg

gallery_80526_6686_5886.jpg

Nice egg! lol.

.Rasta Duck.

:bong:

size aprox-4" x 2"

Edited by cannybuzz
  • Like 2

love the duck

atb

crackpot

Ta mate,different ain't it. And a good size too. atb.

Those colas are amazing mate!! :yes:

Cheers mate. Down to the genetics. They'll be cracking when they're done. Good smoke too. atb.