JORGE'S DIAMONDS/Orange Hill Special/The Edge[A joint venture]

cannybuzz

Hi 420's,

Yep,still here n' having a good go at this growing malarky.lol. I'm afraid the lap tops still about as fecked up as a fecked up lappy can be. Replacement part's arrived,which would've been good if it'd been the right one. I wanted a 250gb replacement hardrive n' a 500gb brick arrived. Oh well,here we go round again. Now,what's my new ebay password?lol,lol. The grow's good-....ish,lol. I've got one Orange Hill Special flushing as I type,with a few days to go. She's finishing a day or two short of 9wks. I'll get pics of her before the chop. The Orange hues to the budz are what I've come to expect from the Orange family,Vibrant!

'The Edge' is a completely different kettle of fish. To anyone reading this to whom english isn't their first language,the expression 'Kettle of fish' must seem a strange term. No worries,it's a f'ckin' strange expression anyway.lol. It just means something different. And it is! The amount of supercropping I've had to do to hold it in check has given it a messed up appearance. It's about 75cm - 75cm. Lots of single bud sites joined by short stems,finished off by ever extending foxtails. There's no sign of it finishing yet,so i'll be looking at 10-10.5wks til it's done,maybe 11wks. Hopefully i'll have my lap top sorted by then. :wallbash: . Sorry that there's no visual hit. One of these 'TE's in a greenhouse would be LOVELY!! Any co-ops out there,i reckon you'd do well to give either of these strains a go. Big thanx to T. n' all the gang at DP. I will sort the photos,honest.lol.

Having fun everyone?

Hope so.

Happy Grows.

:)

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Hi 420's,

i hope we're all well n' enjoying our canna lives. Although my plants are still being grown i can't show 'em to y'all as my laptops barely up n' running n' will have to be replaced. Trying to upload photos is proving to be a right pain n' for the meantime i've had it with it.lol. Not alot of use when i'm trying to do diary's.

Anyway here's a breif description of the grow today. The unmained 'Edge' is cropped n' came in at 3oz-84gms. Remember that's in the micro,sog grow. Having suffered from a nitrogen def' n' underwatering in it's 10ltr Airpot,that was a lucky result. Grown well this strain will give you double that easily indoors. It's mostly Sativa,80/20,so she's rangy n' needs some pruning to keep her in check. I supercropped mine after an initial tipping out of the main stem n' she would've been 1mtr tall. Finishing at aprox' 10.5wks. The buzz is up n' clear. I'll try n' do a smoke report after she's had a cure. I have a mained version still growing in a better enviro' n' can see that there are long colas forming on it. It will probably grow into a truer version of the strain,(better care,lol.) n' i'll report on that later on.

The 'Orange Hill Special' suffered the same undermanagement n' i'm afraid suffered more than the TE. She hermied. I know this was down to a poor enviro' n' have another OHS mained that is doing alot better. I'd really rather wait til that ones finished to do any kind of report as i didn't do the first one any kind of justice. I've called her Rebecca Brookes.lol.

Even though struggling through the same watering/feed prob's,the finished budz were nice n' solid when cropped at 9wks. What there was of her is curing,but as i say i'll wait til the other's finished to do a report.

I may not do another update until i've got new tech' as this isn't working n' defeats the object of the diary which was to inform about n' enjoy together the life cycle of these stains.

Til later then my friends................................

Happy Grows

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 420's,

At last my tech prob's sorted. Got new tech' lol. May have managed that but it's been so long since I uploaded pics ,that at the moment all I can manage are thumbnails.

Like these.

Mainlined Orange Hill Special colas.

Orange Hill Special (Dutch Passion).

Orange Hill Special (Dutch Passion).

They were a lot bigger than those of previous cut's that had been topped twice but not mainlined. You'll have to click on those pics to get a bigger shot n' better view. I tried to upload these by copying the bb code n' pasting but they copied but wouldn't paste. Anyone else having prob's or know how to do it,please let me know. :wallbash:,m'heads gettin' sore.
That poor lil' plant didn't have it at all easy. @@AutoMaster may remember a while back the move that earned me the 'Orange Trowel' award. Stealth moves under moonlight. She n' her fellow renegade. 'The Edge',remained at large long enough to bear their fruits. Smaller than usual though the plants were because of their three domicile move. The budz are all solid nugz.Showing vigourous bud formation along the entire length of their branches.
Here's 'The Edge',main'd like her DP cousin.

'The Edge' (DP)

'The Edge'. (DP)

'The Edge' (DP)

'The Edge' came down yesterday n' the OHS is curing. I've got a couple of TE's seeds left,so will give them another go. Of the three. JD's,OHS,n' TE's,for me it's The 'Jorge's Diamonds that holds the high for me. To be fair though the OHS n' TE's haven't had such a happy ride as the JD's first saw. I've gone from the beginning of this Diary in a small closet grow to a larger room now n' consequently the grow has changed.

I'm still in soil n' I've managed to get the local grow shop to stock the Plant Magic range of soils substrates n' nutes, :yahoo:but I'm keen to get into hydro.

.....Soils....

I've used Biobizz lite mix,bb allmix. With ec's of off the top of my head of 1.2 n' 2.6. AT 1.2ec,the Litemix is ok for seedlings n' cut's. At 2.6,or is it 2.2 the ec of the allmix is high n' can burn smaller plants. I moved on to Growth Technology's Alpha mix. Great stuff,green all the way. No need for nutes for 3wks n' the ph stays stable throughout the grow. In my book,way better than the Biobizz range of soil. But n' there's a big but. Fungus gnats. I'd noticed a small amount in my closet grow n' I'd used all three types of soil n' coco in there. They were manageable. Moved to the bigger grow. Not that many more plants but bigger plants,in bigger pots n' wham,they were everywhere in the grow. Airpots don't help with this. They hide in the holes of the pots n' get a real hold. 'GNAT OFF',watered in has solved it. The hassle n' the amount of soil used in 15ltr A/pots. Preparation,Alphamix compacts in storage,weight,bad back,n' I've bought a Wilma to do some CBD Skunk Haze that Tony sent me. Cheers mate.

I have med' issues n' will be making med's in 'med row' one of my other threads in The med forum. I'm doing a med grow n' seeing as I like Jorges Diamonds so much n' by some fluck,I'm doing two JD cut's in there. Twice the size of anything I've managed in my closet.

That's it then,I'm outta the closet n' in to the mainroom, lol. I'll post up pics of the two JD's as they bloom but if I'm not posting in here i'll be busy in 'Medicine Row'.

Putting these CBD Skunk Haze in the Wilma,

CBD SkunkHaze DP/CBD Crew

But not before I take some cut's,hey T.Heh Heh, lol, lol!
.Happy Grows.
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

I know its been a while but just read your diary as I was looking for info on the edge, I currently run the ultimate and its a great strain but next will be running the ultimate, the edge and power plant x6 of each under 1800w hps, thanks for your honest review and smoke reports bud

ATB GREEN

• 1 year later...

gallery_96585_13372_263992.jpgURL=http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?

Cool plant, big yielder ! Fuelly hexane smell at harvest. Smoke kicks well but dry not cured yet. Frankly, a monster.

app=galleryℑ=394480]gallery_96585_13372_360268.jpg[/url]

The Edge, love this plant, the buds grow big, no popcorn. Big and branchy. 600w 6 litre airpot, jacks magic, canna 6ml per litre flores, 8 week veg 250w mh coco. Am growing a clone, flowering week 2 atm