Plant Trimming

Owderb

Hi guys,

Quick question I'm just over a week into flower and I was going to trim at week 2, this is my first grow and was wondering when trimming do you just snip the branch near the main stem or do you to leave 10mm etc?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I tend to lollypop mine a week before I go into flower (give the plants time to recover before I go 12/12),and 7 days into flower I go around and pinch of all the lower growth sites,and I'm getting great big sollid buds

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ok folks, think I've got it but just a quick bit advice/reassurance would help before she gets the snip so to speak. I'm in a nft hydro system, and she's been in for 29 days now in veg, plus 2-3 weeks getting big enough before this. I'm growing a Jack from ch9 seeds. She's about 19" tall now and bushy as fuck! Awaiting a nutrient heater before I flip to 12/12 which should be in 2-4 days time. Shall I trim off all the lighter coloured low fan leaves and a few of the higher ones to help airflow? Or should I wait till flower? Only on my second grow and the thought of taking the shears other is a scary prospect! Thanks in advance. GG.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Morten Arthursson

Thanks OWD for the post,Im a week into flowering with an auto first grow...is it possible to trim as much as you did off this plant?

its very bushy underneath and just want ensure there is adequate airflow

Thanks again

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

top thread. thanks owd. I've always trimmed as I went up to mid flower even. Just to make sure airflow is present between buds. Got to do it before the THC covers it cos it can get messy then.

Love the radical nature of your trim. Will give that a try next time.

Cheers.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
not much we can do now but whats your views, have we over trimmed ? all plants are 7 week old Autoflower

20151106 151716

20151106 150616

20151106 150527

20151106 150537

20151106 150547

20151106 150554

soz about the upside down shots

• 1 year later...

Was there a final shot of the plant  in full bloom ?  Whats the census on removing  the foliage?  all or just growing tips and leaving fan leaves ?