Plant Trimming

Owderb

Nice one owderb. :yep: I was getting a bit overcrowded in my groom. Just gave them this treatment. Now they have more space and better airflow

:smokin:

Just a quick question owderb do u also take off some branches that have reached the canopy of the plant?

Edited by killergibbo

Nice one Owd think thats a good example of how to do it for those that need to know :yep:

@ killergibbo : yoyu can take some leading shoots out the canopy mate i think this is known as thinning out the canopy , you will always have a few "weaker" stems that reach the top and if you think its to crammed in the canopy then these would be removed leaving the thicker and fuller leading shoots , doing this creates better space for the main colas to grow

Others may disagree but i have practiced this for sometime now and after all its each to there own :yep:

FG :v:

• Like 7

it also get rid of a lot of popcorn bud and trimming. if done in week 1 you can pop back during week 2/3 i would only recomend this when you know excatly how you plant responds otherwise do as the op said . :yinyang:

This does look brutal, but one only needs to think and understand the plant to realize that the bottom half does produce airy buds. Tbh tho id be scared shitless to do this!!

But have to try this method as its common sense really and thanks for sharing. Ps i undertstand this also stops the smaller bud that appear 3/4 wks@ lower half plant, so this method stops these appearing thus making growth on bigger bud site without waiting energy in forming these smaller bud sites.

Ps can lst'ing be used with this method?

Just a quick question owderb do u also take off some branches that have reached the canopy of the plant?

I've wondered the same thing

:unsure:

Guest La Viva Sativa

I've wondered the same thing

:unsure:

no why would he want to take branches that reach the canopy thats whole point taking stuff away that dont reach. :yinyang:

• Like 1

True. But even spindly weak branches can reach the canopy. Maybe cutting these away would give more space for the stronger bigger buds to develop further?

• Like 3

no why would he want to take branches that reach the canopy thats whole point taking stuff away that dont reach. :yinyang:

That's the one. If a top has reached the canopy then it won't be piddly

Owd

• Like 1

That's the one. If a top has reached the canopy then it won't be piddly

Owd

You mean won't be piddly come harvest time? :yep: