Plant Trimming

Owderb

Guest La Viva Sativa

You mean won't be piddly come harvest time? :yep:

Means with the light and proper nurishment and good enviro they will grow stronger and produce nice nugs

Means with the light and proper nurishment and good enviro they will grow stronger and produce nice nugs

Sound :)

• Like 1

Guest shitead

Is there a timeline you have to work to with trimming, i havn't trimmed before you see and was thinking of starting the chop during mid-late veg and then continuing through till mid flowering?

Great info here :D

Is there a timeline you have to work to with trimming, i havn't trimmed before you see and was thinking of starting the chop during mid-late veg and then continuing through till mid flowering?

Great info here :D

Up until 2 weeks in to flower seems to be the general consensus.

This is another question thats pops up quite often and although I have done pics before I thought it deserved its own thread.

These plants are nearly 2 weeks in but I know from experience in growing them both a few times that they will only stretch around 6" more so did my trim tonight.

I hope it will show those that are not sure just what you can do to your plants without any detriment, or not that Ive ever seen

gallery_6338_5619_526541.jpg

And after

gallery_6338_5619_433251.jpg

HEY BRO NICE JOB...IM 3 WEEKS IN CAN THIS BE DONE STILL???

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a definition of "canopy" for various lamp wattages ?

It's because I'm always growing new varieties from seed and it's difficult to predict how they'll turn out.

As I was hacking the thatch out of my Tiki Yarkoum earlier, I was thinking of using the extent to which the leaf arrangements had gone from opposite to alternate during the stretch.

With a known variety it should be possible to use a curved guide...

• 2 weeks later...

im just comming into week 3 flower and have not trimmed at all yet should i do it now and leave the main stems like the pic above and do i need to out bamboo sticks to support them

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm currently in week 5 flower. There's a few branches that ain't reaching the canopy and not getting much light. Also abit bush around the middle of the plants. They aint produced much bud at all so far. Is it ok to still remove leaves from these branches and areas?

Edited by highgrade-singh
  • Like 1

Good thread, shows people have far you need to go when chopped away the bottoms. People are generally scared and I'm sick of telling them you've got to be cruel to be kind.

:yinyang:

• Like 4

3 times I've bottled out of trimming as harshly as some of you and 3 times I've regretted it.

Will be shedding 2/3 this grow for certain!

• Like 2