Plant Trimming

Owderb

This is another question thats pops up quite often and although I have done pics before I thought it deserved its own thread.

These plants are nearly 2 weeks in but I know from experience in growing them both a few times that they will only stretch around 6" more so did my trim tonight.

I hope it will show those that are not sure just what you can do to your plants without any detriment, or not that Ive ever seen

gallery_6338_5619_526541.jpg

And after

gallery_6338_5619_433251.jpg

• Like 46

well for one the bottom off the plants dont get any light so there is no point in growing the bottom and waste energy off the plant while it can put all her energy to the top half off the plant and make some size fat arse buds..

• Like 17

Wonderful example of Lolly popping. As a rough guide would you say that after two weeks of 12/12 the bottom third of the plant can be removed or would the lower half at 3 weeks be more beneficial? There are no problems taking clones up to 3 weeks in, so I am assuming that this would not be detrimental to the health of the plant and cause undue stress. Any longer and there may be concerns?

Cheers :smokin:

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 8

If I had plants that stretched longer in time or height then yes I would hang on another week. I personally dont think it really matters when you do it as long as you know what branches will need to come off because you only really need to do this the once

You'll thank yourself when it comes to trimming time too because it takes far less time to trim a plant due to there being far less airy buds :)

Owd

• Like 13

great example and pics! I also do this to some of my autos just not as aggressive in one sitting, normaly over a week or 2 and get some fat tops! :guitar:

• Like 3

Wow that really does look barbaric, but I don't doubt your reasoning or skill in the slightest. It obviously works. I wished I'd have done something like this on my last crop. I trimmed but not enough as I still ended up with some air bud. It looks like you've left just the tops on and just a couple further down each stem? I'll try this on my current grow. Hope it don't go wrong :unsure: good to see the before and after pics :yep:

• Like 1

I do very similar, but with a scalpel leaving as many of the leaves on I can and just cutting the growing shoot off tight (clones then) close as I can to the stem, only Biggish leaves though I dont go overboard but yeah I rekon at least the plant gets to use the escaping light and absorb the goodness as the leaf dies...I rekon though doing it within 2-3 weeks the earlier the better. I'd rather the plant heals and gets on with it.

They are nicely done

I think until you've seen pictures like yours or seen it done in front of you,a lot of people are scared to hack their plants, just like topping seedlings.

peace

wK

:bong:

• Like 5

great example and pics! I also do this to some of my autos just not as aggressive in one sitting, normaly over a week or 2 and get some fat tops! :guitar:

Hey there Guys.

So you would do this with autos?

I'm currently at week 4.5 of TD and was thinking of trimming the bottoms and any obstructing the bud sights.

Good idea or not??! I've also have some auto mazars planted a week later than the td. They have already caught up in size and i was thinking of giving them a bend?

opinions??

Hey there Guys.

So you would do this with autos?

I'm currently at week 4.5 of TD and was thinking of trimming the bottoms and any obstructing the bud sights.

Good idea or not??! I've also have some auto mazars planted a week later than the td. They have already caught up in size and i was thiniking of giving them a bend?

opinions??

Yes m8 and with them TD's defo! i don't take any good leafs but defo take all the bottom popcorn nugs off that don't get much light, also use zip ties to tie back leafs that are obstructing bud sites . And go ahead with bending! Just don't take to much at once they can't take a major thining out like regs.

Av a look in my gallery you will see results from it.

Good luck

GoTgReEn

Edited by GoTgReEn