Plant Trimming

Owderb

Can I ask.... what do you do with all the trim  ???? Can you use it at this stage for anything ..... like edibles or balms ?? 

depends what you mean trim, if it not coated in crystals = bin, otherwise process it, hundreds of threads in the hash making sections

2 hours ago, lorraine said:

Can I ask.... what do you do with all the trim  ???? Can you use it at this stage for anything ..... like edibles or balms ?? 

Use it for a hash run, honey wash or butter/coconut oil for some cooking etc and you'll not be sorry that you did...don't bin it though, even though it's not premium smoke material, it still has it's uses :yep:

• Like 6

• 10 months later...

I went to the Ganger museum in Holland Dam square and they taught me to trim leaves from the bottom upwards and to trim the outer and inner leaves on the stems to promote bud growth a lot like shown in the pics those plants look good, too much veg does not yield high bud quantity, you start trimming from as early as 3 weeks with the original stem leaves and it promotes growth and keep trimming as required as the plant grows concentrating on the bottom leaves and bud stems as the bud stems from the bottom make good clones, I also remove the bottom main stem leaves as again this promotes good bud growth, have also once in the past defoliated a pair of AK47 plants i had because the veg was more than the bud yield and it worked for me, the bud yield increased but that is not something you want to be doing but trimming does promote healthy bud yields in my experience

Edited by haveagooday

What a superb thread that's still going and wa started in 2013!

I am one week into flower on 4 pure ams from female seeds and I think this has give me the confidence to do a little trimming.

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, unity said:

Looks fine from what I can see, I'd certainly have taken off at least this much :) 

This pleases me very much!

Thanks man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, haveagooday said:

Bet you got some good cuttings, looks great and healthy 

Thanks man, Im not cloning atm simply becuase this is my second grow and I have 2 blue dreams that have just sprouted which i will try and clone.

I had to defoiliate the Pure AK again a couple of days ago as all alot of the bud sites were covered again.

I can not believe how quickly fan leaves grow back.

Had the same issue and done the same thing, it must have something to do with the strain, blue dream is a decent plant to grow nice smoke too

Edited by haveagooday
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Mines needs this done but im only a week into flower, is there a chance of stressing them and possibly hermie the crop atthis stage or am i better waiting till 3 or 4 weeks now? 

Would rather it now so less popcorn but dont want to shock them at this stage and potentially ruining the whole crop!

• 4 months later...
On 5/6/2019 at 1:39 AM, Ppp said:

Mines needs this done but im only a week into flower, is there a chance of stressing them and possibly hermie the crop atthis stage or am i better waiting till 3 or 4 weeks now? 

Would rather it now so less popcorn but dont want to shock them at this stage and potentially ruining the whole crop!

Do it.

I still give my girls a trim around 2 weeks into flower.

• 3 months later...

Can someone with experience tell me how I've done? First time being this extreme as fed up with popcorn airy shit. Have I done too much?

Before....

large.IMG_20200123_224418-750x1000.jpg

After

large.IMG_20200123_224414-750x1000.jpglarge.IMG_20200123_224411-750x1000.jpg

And from above - still got 2 to do

large.IMG_20200123_232738-750x1000.jpg

Any feedback appreciated, cheers

• Like 1