Cloning - 10 Easy Steps to Successful Cuttings

Budelaire

I got a couple that rooted but some that didn't so I chucked them. Not sure why, think maybe more to do with how they was cut off the mum than the environment. That said it is coming up a month this monday and I have 2 still in the dome. I had a look by pulling them out and was tiny roots on the cutting. Not enough to come through the jiffy yet but 100% roots there on them both. Hoping next couple of days sees them poke through. Whats the longest anyone has kept a cut waiting for it? 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, have to give thumbs up for this.

Started mix of 7 bros Grimm c99 and 3 Grimm mix, so 10 in total.

Got one female of each, the rest were boys FFS. Anyway, persevered and took 10 cuts off each, assuming I would loose some.

After 10 days and some wild temps in my attic, all have rooted. Amazing!

Can thoroughly recommend this method.

As stressed, don't disturb the cuts at all. I literally put them in their bags, under T5 with a Matt set to 25c. And then I left them to it. Only looked at them once in this period and this morning, on second look noticed all have rooted. Boom....

• Like 2

I.find the best way is to fill some small pots up with compost of your choice water it in.with hot water take cuttings and put them in soil and use a supermarket carrier bag and tie it up and leave for 2 weeks, I usually get 100% success I dont even use cloning gel.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
On 5/20/2020 at 8:07 PM, ratdog said:

i got a 100% hit rate at 26C, some in less than two weeks, the rest by about week 3, heat mat direct on the roots is key (26c at the roots, and low wattage lighting)

Do you tape up the hole so they are airtight m8 ?

• Like 1
Just now, harrygrout said:

Do you tape up the hole so they are airtight m8 ?

yes mate, then as soon as i see a little root or two i open a bit to refresh the air inside and then after 3-4 days i remove the lid and if there's enough root i put into opaque pots as the roots are a little scrawny if you leave in the translucent ones

7 minutes ago, ratdog said:

yes mate, then as soon as i see a little root or two i open a bit to refresh the air inside and then after 3-4 days i remove the lid and if there's enough root i put into opaque pots as the roots are a little scrawny if you leave in the translucent ones

Thank you. I'll give it a go next time 

12 hours ago, harrygrout said:

Thank you. I'll give it a go next time 

just keep the cups on a heat mat/propagator base works well and under a florescent light so as not to cook them

• 1 month later...
On 20/05/2020 at 1:52 PM, Rufus Brown said:

Where did you get them cups and lids from @ratdog ?

They seem perfect for what your using them for 

Not sure about links,mods can look, but i ordered these, as got two plants in week 8 of veg.  Boy are they big. But need clones off em.I ordered these which seem to fit the bill,and will be great for moving around and finding a darkish place.  

Edited by lildaveham
Please don’t post links to fleabay

will defo try this next time round. my mate uses aspirin and gets great results. always used a heated propagator and root riot cubes but they dry out 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this Budelaire. I’m brand new to cloning, I was concerned about air and watering after sealing them in. After using clonex and sealing them in, is this because they don’t need/want much air and would they be ok in a propagator under a 125w cfl, if so what distance would you have it above them?

many thanks,

bt 

Edited by bigtree

@bigtree IMO the humidity is priority over fresh air.

Regarding light, Ive always used a standard household cfl about 15cm away from my clingfilmed pot. They don’t need much light whilst rooting, it’s more about the humidity and warmth.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
On 06/01/2021 at 10:51 PM, Tegridy Farms said:

@bigtree IMO the humidity is priority over fresh air.

Regarding light, Ive always used a standard household cfl about 15cm away from my clingfilmed pot. They don’t need much light whilst rooting, it’s more about the humidity and warmth.

Thanks Tegridy, apologies for late reply. I took your advice and forgot all about it! I sprayed water on the inside of the pot before wrapping in clingfilm to help humidity, checked them once a week later, sprayed again, re-sealed the clingfilm, waited another week and the roots were bursting out of every clone. 

• Like 2