Cloning - 10 Easy Steps to Successful Cuttings

Budelaire

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Such a good simple guide and so easy to remember,i topped and took 4 cuts(5total) yesterday,i soaked my jiffys in a weak ecothrive biosys solution as per its usage instructions as its what i had on hand,i also put a dollop of clonex into the holes and misted the inside of pot with water for good measure also,clinged em so i can still see em and they still look the same this morning,its my first time taking cuts wish me luck!.

Thanks @Budelaire:)

cheers.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Guide makes it look easy, I've tried with about 6 cuttings from 1 plant and they have all died, looking at this I guess it was a lack of cling film!

Two questions, can you take cuttings from an auto? If so when?

Where should one leave their cling filmed propagator to do its think if you don't have lights and a tent? Too hot in the greenhouse at the moment...

@clue_less You cant take cutting from autos mate.

If you have no tent in this weather to keep them cool dont panic.

I have got mine in a coolish room that is nice and light at the minute without direct sunlight.

They aren't cannabis cuttings(nepeta) but require the same. I'm in the same boat. I'm sat here with 250 cuttings and a propogation shed that is too hot to propagate in. 

Don't whatever you do put them on a sunny windowsill this time off year. They will cook in their wee enclosures in direct sun. 

If you can't get them in a nice light room that's not too hot a desk lamp with a cfl will do the job and you can stick them wherever you please then

Guest Gojitangie

@blackpoolbouncer 

In terms of rooting cuttings, would a veg light regime be better or a flowering one?

Imagine that the veg cycle with a longer light period would be the preference but failing that would a 12/12 light cycle be okay?

Edited by Gojitangie
Sounded rude!

I would imagine if you put them into 12 12 then the cuts will try and start flowering. You will trigger hormones and the cut will likely not try to put much effort into pushing roots out as it thinks it's flowering. It could be possible. I see no reason why not but I definitely wouldn't do it.

All cuts for cannabis are done under veg regime. 18 or more hours.

24/0 for me. Low light. If mine are in the tents they get a white tea towel over the prop lid.

For more general cutting advice for all suitable plants.

Think whatever timings the plant is under when the cuts are taken/just before if its already flowering is whatever they should root under. 

We take cuts before our plants are flowering as we would in nature when the days are long so that's what dictates the light hours

We are just bringing techniques from an outdoor field (general horticulture) and replicating indoors.

This is all if you are taking cuts of photperiod dependent plants such as cannabis. Some stuff just don't care 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gojitangie said:

but failing that would a 12/12 light cycle be okay?

Not unless you want to have to reveg them after a lengthy rooting period

• Like 1

Nicely presented, tho I prefer to use a blade and cut at 45 degree angle, it gives more surface area to root. Plus I've never owned any scissors that don't pinch the stem when taking them. If possible I like to trim one two branch's off ae well thus providing up to 3 rooting areas.

This is a great guide, it was the first time I'd done cuts, I took eight off a friend's plants, did as instructed, left them in a windowsill and didn't touch them, in fact I fucked off on holiday....

All eight were rooted on my return. :yep:

Great guide, here is my stab at cloning. 14 of em

On day three and they seem to be picking up, shit myself at the start when they all folded like a cheap suit. Wrapped with cling film and left them alone. large.DSC_1256.jpg

I'm thinking so help me out please, I noticed that Budelaire you put them in a wee pot with soil in it, mine are just straight into the wee rock wool cubes. 

They have been rocking a week now, should I 

A- leave another week like you said before in guide

B- poke a hole in cling film and foliar the wee buggers fish mix and tape up hole again. 

C- get them into pots and water em, some of the leaves are yellowed and died is that just a sign the wee buggers are still alive and getting there nitrogen from the older leaf on the cutting

Any feed back greatly appreciated 

Edited by TheGreenShabeenReturns