Cloning - 10 Easy Steps to Successful Cuttings

Budelaire

@greenvigilante That’s great mate thanks a lot. I know ideally I would of took them just before the flip but a 9 week veg is too long for me they get too big before the flower tent is ready again. So I’m hoping these will get about a 5 week veg and see what they’re like might have to play around with the time I take the clones so as soon as they go in the flower tent I can flip them. How big where the clones after you’ve trimmed them up?

• Like 1

@Kush123 fairly small to be honest

im not one for big cuts but a few nodes.

cant stress enough how much fcking about with them have messed mines up in the past and also dont have them sitting in any water

i know for a fact thats were i was going wrong

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This is probably a silly question but...has anyone seen growth after taking cuttings but before roots are obvious?

I have some sweet tooth cuts and I swear they have some new growth, I took them out of the pot but can't see any roots coming through yet.

• Like 2
On 08/09/2019 at 11:54 AM, ratdog said:

This is probably a silly question but...has anyone seen growth after taking cuttings but before roots are obvious?

I have some sweet tooth cuts and I swear they have some new growth, I took them out of the pot but can't see any roots coming through yet.

The plant is probably using its existing stock by mobilizing nutrients from its leaves

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Can’t believe how successful this method is compared to being mugged off by my mate!!! 

his so called clones all but 2 died...they hadn’t even rooted 

just followed this method and took 16 cuttings all but 2 rooted and rooted well to be fair !!!! Amazing!!!! 

any point in resealing the two that didn’t root back up and leaving them? Or will they die now they over 2 weeks old? 
they look as fresh as the ones with roots to be fair, I’ve cracked the squidgy peat open and can see only knobbles on the cutting no actual roots..... think they worth trying again? 

ps thanks for much for the method amazing !!! Can’t get over how great they look 

• Like 2

I’ve read through and a few people do put the ones that haven’t rooted back in. 
so I did yesterday 

cleaned the bowl and re did them 

just wondering would it of been best if i snipped the end off so a clean surface area to try and root or just leave them now 

1 hour ago, Budelaire said:

Just leave them as is, they should come good. 

:yinyang:

Thank you very much for your time and Knowledge!!!! Don’t have to rely on my friend anymore!!! 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
22 hours ago, Butterfingerz said:

Second amazing topic based on taking clones, thanks for posting!

Cool artwork :)

No Problemo man, glad it helping after all this time.   i am now in the old git section.

And I still cant root a bloody potato either. :doh:

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Budelaire said:

No Problemo man, glad it helping after all this time.   i am now in the old git section.

And I still cant root a bloody potato either. :doh:

Lmmfao, so eh.. You need members for the new over-seasoned section :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am proper hoping my cuts root, Just need 1 of each plant so I can decide on a keeper. Feel pretty confident as surely this time of year its got to be easier because of the good weather? Been just over a week and no signs of roots yet. Have only looked once just to make sure the cubes wasn't dried out. Is some moisture on the inside of the dome so guess the humidity it up and none of the cubes was dry. Best mate has had it take 3 weeks for cuts to root before. I have had it as fast as a week but not done it often so just want them to take.  Not gonna look at them again until sunday and see if any signs. 

• Like 1

i used some clear party cups with domes on and it is a perfect success! 100% strike rate in 2-3 weeks under a t5 and on a heat mat set at 26oC. and you can see as soon as any roots are present if like me you get inpatient and keep tipping the compost out to look :wassnnme:

large.5e931ebe8f0b2_cloningcups.jpglarge.5e931ec0332bd_cloningcup.jpg

• Like 12