Cloning - 10 Easy Steps to Successful Cuttings

Budelaire

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/06/2022 at 11:26 AM, John'sMidnightGarden said:

Followed this guide successfully - twice, over a year ago, non-stop failures ever since.  Lost my beloved Skywalker Kush mum, been unable to save the few I've run.  Tried the fancy gel route, tried soil, cubes, pellets, fussing, set-and-forget.

Think I've been badly misunderstanding how big the cuttings need to be, so just got some bigger juicy ones off my Baklava... will edit to update with how this went, ancient post but it might help another person missing the point.

My Iced Grapefruit though wow, don't let it learn where the scissors are or we're doomed, it's an unstoppable life force, I clone it in glasses of water, tiny wretched little trimmings put in just to see will pop roots in about 7 days.  Shout out Female Seeds!

For completion, I did it!  Pots all over the house, in tents, near windows, paper covered, wrapped pots, one even in a bain marie type setup... the plain coco/clear plastic cup/sandwich bag rooted.  T5s up high maybe 2ft away, under milk jug white plastic as a shade.  I make that (over 2 grows) about 1/20 worked.  Will keep at it but for now, delighted. 

Mama Baklava joins the family.

Edited by John'sMidnightGarden
forgot the T5s being high
  • Like 1

I've been doing a little clone experimentation lately.

I've got one that was 5 weeks in the fridge and 10 days being nibbled by a fucking worm before I re-cut it and and re-planted it.

That one is a true survivor!

Here's a freaky one re-vegging after being taken at 5 weeks into 12/12.

large.5_weeks_in_flower_clone.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Found this guide works really well thanks for sharing @Budelaire 

Used a sprinkling of Ecothive charge instead of the granules with plugs and Root!t Gel.

Something I discovered accidentally - if you keep the cuts as long as possible so they’re touching the inside of the cling film, they’ll start pushing against it as soon as they’ve rooted. Quite useful as an indicator of progress. 

• Like 3
On 22/08/2022 at 10:51 PM, Smokey McBongface said:

Found this guide works really well thanks for sharing @Budelaire 

Used a sprinkling of Ecothive charge instead of the granules with plugs and Root!t Gel.

Something I discovered accidentally - if you keep the cuts as long as possible so they’re touching the inside of the cling film, they’ll start pushing against it as soon as they’ve rooted. Quite useful as an indicator of progress. 

Have the lights got to be on 24-7

or 18-6 which it's best

• Like 1

18/6. The light I have is just a 20w led but it’s too powerful even when mounted at the top of the tent. I cut a piece of cardboard to hang under to create a shade. Seems to work well. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Plug in pro tray

Pre soak and when placing back in holes. Make sure there not waterlogged

24/7 t5 led light.. Unless you have thermal control.. 20/4 works

Set thermo to 76f 

Use toothpick to make slightly bigger hole in middle of plug

Insert cutting and feel it enter the plug

No cloning gel required

Steam up for 72 hours 

Then every 24 hours spray top and bottom of cuts and remove any excess water in prop 

After 5 days I raise the vents on prop with a toothpick in each

There's a tiny airflow from start created by the temp guage entering prop from side of prop

Plain pH water 5.8 - 6.2 

6 to 10 days and there ready 

Well that's what I do 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

I'm about to check how many of mine rooted,can't even remember how many I tried lol

So out of 16,I have deffo 13 but not giving up on other 3.They're cuts of psychosister,cracked 6 and got 3 females (wk3f),have 6 of 1,3 each of the other 2,will select 3or6 mothers and grow the rest on after current get chop.

Should I pot them straight up of give them some 1/4 strength maxicrop and pot up tomorrow  ?

On 31/01/2013 at 11:50 PM, Chester Copperpot said:

edit: replied to really old post, thought i was on the last page lol

sorry :yep:

Edited by trees
5 hours ago, mysticriver said:

do u know the background EC of ur, im assuming, tap water bro?

mystic

Yes @mtsticriver I'm in a hard water area and yes. Out the tap and pH adjusted with some pH down

• 1 year later...

First time seeing this guide. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice and concise with the comic themed layout. 

Are the jiffy pellets pre-wetted the night before or are they wetted immediately before cloning? That was the only thing I wasn't quite sure about. Other than that, it all made perfect sense.