Cloning - 10 Easy Steps to Successful Cuttings

Budelaire

• 1 month later...

Just wondered, does anyone else remove the mesh from the Jiffy?

I've had 2 friends say their plants were stunted and when they pulled them, the roots hadn't penetrated the mesh much...

I came to the conclusion that it might be wise to remove the Jiffy to help the young roots grow.

:unsure:

• Like 1

@MidgeSmith possibly stunted from keeping the jiffy/medium to wet, roots can easily grow through the mesh if jiffy’s had a problem like that it would be known all around the world and nobody would use them.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

Just wondered, does anyone else remove the mesh from the Jiffy?

I've had 2 friends say their plants were stunted and when they pulled them, the roots hadn't penetrated the mesh much...

I came to the conclusion that it might be wise to remove the Jiffy to help the young roots grow.

:unsure:

ive done this in the past. its usually due to knock off jiiffys, their exterior mesh doesnt degrade, letting the roots out properly..

counterfeit jiffys, what next?.

i used to just cut down 4 sides with a stanley knife 

• Like 3

fine roots can get through but seem to get slowly garrotted the bigger they get:unsure:

i try to open up/cut the side too....if/when i remember:yep:

• Like 3

Thanks for the confirmation!  Yeah its insane, they only have one job!  I guess you're right, some nair do wells making crappy versions.  At least its fine with the mesh peeled off. Much appreciated!

Edited by MidgeSmith
spelling
  • Like 1

@Budelaire Thanks for this man, i am going to be doing my 1st cuttings from my 1st grow soon and this makes it "look" very simple.

I also made a PDF with it just incase anyone wants to download it (hope thats ok).

JW

Edited by Owderb
Link removed
  • Like 2
  • 7 months later...

Cheers for this method I got eighty percent of my cuts rooted in 14 days...:punk:

Edited by desertshaman
  • Like 1

Happy days folks.  Im currently starting to help a mate achieve greatness with his. 

Mr.Floppy ill leave it at that... lol.

:pitchfork:

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 2

This is a bulletproof way, but nowadays I do it a little differently for sure.   

Strong Mums is the main addition.
large.AC2D2C33-D5E6-432A-96CC-F35539048106.jpeg

• Like 4

I read the original post many months ago when I had little idea what I was reading about. I was still in shock to have discovered that you can buy our favourite plants' seeds online lollol I've got slightly more knowledgeable since I joined here.

It's a thread much better read now, for me, and it makes cloning/cuttings sound incredibly simple, which in fact, they probably are.

I figure I may as well get some practice in as soon as possible, whether I plan on taking them any further or not. I've been staring at aeroponic propagators recently and admiring all the sales blurb, as one does. By the sounds of things, if your mum is in good health and you are taking "good" strong cuttings, you shouldn't need any of the new high tech stuff? Is this aeroponic thing just another cunning ploy to part my wallet from my money? 

• Like 1