Cloning - 10 Easy Steps to Successful Cuttings

Budelaire

its alwasy about the right tool for your job mate.  Aeroponics are media less so go into any system and can be one of teh simplest ways.  Keeping the waterflow cool probably being the biggest setback for most.

a pot of soil in a freezerbag is as simple as it gets.

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 4

Ive put 50 in a washing up bowl rammed with jiffies and shrink wrapped it in cling film and that works just as well.  poke an hole in at 7 days and pump the shrink wrap to exchange air. They be rampant at 10 to 14 days.

Nowadays I use heavy duty plastic tubs with handles think the brand is Useful Box company or something. Theyre great lol

They fit the particular brand of tray I use perfectly and you can see through the bottom like the chap above says, stack and rackable too.  So they let light well and really useful to stick em anywhere :george: when its time for a breather the lid is put on at an angle so the corners allow them to breath.  

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 5
Just now, anarchycamp said:

@Gaijin Get one made :naughty: 99% of the time it works everytime...:cowboy:

I'm sure I can manage throwing together a pot, some soil and a plastic bag without paying someone else to do it, mate :mmmmmmm:    lol 

Get one made?  

@GaijinI meant the aeroponic cloner, best decision I made to keep hold of plant

I know mate lol  That's me joking :D  Didn't work, did it lollol 

I was looking at a "20 site kit" on one of the sites. It was maybe 140 iirc? Would you recommend making my own because of the savings or because it'd be better quality or design? Or all of the above? 

Guest anarchycamp
Just now, Gaijin said:

I know mate lol  That's me joking :D  Didn't work, did it lollol 

I was looking at a "20 site kit" on one of the sites. It was maybe 140 iirc? Would you recommend making my own because of the savings or because it'd be better quality or design? Or all of the above? 

I guess I'm just a tight wad,or the OH is:rofl:

Tbh mate it went right over my ed :rofl:

Design wise you'd probably prefer the kit but I made mine to be stackable with buckets when I don't use it. 

No need for a propagator lid imo either.

Savings, mine is 9 sites with the 10th housing cables,cost £30

You'd think the pump and heater in the brand is better but I don't know that for fact I've never checked

I guess I'm just a tight wad,or the OH is:rofl:

Tbh mate it went right over my ed :rofl:

Design wise you'd probably prefer the kit but I made mine to be stackable with buckets when I don't use it. 

No need for a propagator lid imo either.

Savings, mine is 9 sites with the 10th housing cables,cost £30

You'd think the pump and heater in the brand is better but I don't know that for fact I've never checked

lol sorry  

That's a chunk of savings, mate. Sign me up :yep: 

On 29/03/2022 at 8:47 AM, Budelaire said:

its alwasy about the right tool for your job mate.  Aeroponics are media less so go into any system and can be one of teh simplest ways.  Keeping the waterflow cool probably being the biggest setback for most.

a pot of soil in a freezerbag is as simple as it gets.

I think the aero cloner is way to expensive for what it is, your method costs next to nothing to do, although the roots are more impressive in the aero, the end result is the same, nice healthy clones.

Thanks for sharing :yep:large.395E8645-43B7-481A-A694-A6E100233EDB.jpeglarge.8F7CA591-2421-4CB8-8BF6-EB37B322B439.jpeglarge.CC4C5936-1040-4C27-A790-3B0214225388.jpeglarge.C8102EE8-F0DB-4709-A62A-65500CAFF860.jpeglarge.AD45A195-7C36-4E62-BEAC-C55D1F66D03B.jpeglarge.92F6CA1C-6D11-432F-AF53-A31E0D78433F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Followed this guide successfully - twice, over a year ago, non-stop failures ever since.  Lost my beloved Skywalker Kush mum, been unable to save the few I've run.  Tried the fancy gel route, tried soil, cubes, pellets, fussing, set-and-forget.

Think I've been badly misunderstanding how big the cuttings need to be, so just got some bigger juicy ones off my Baklava... will edit to update with how this went, ancient post but it might help another person missing the point.

My Iced Grapefruit though wow, don't let it learn where the scissors are or we're doomed, it's an unstoppable life force, I clone it in glasses of water, tiny wretched little trimmings put in just to see will pop roots in about 7 days.  Shout out Female Seeds!

• Like 2

Yes pal same process.

I missed a few of mine so had to take from a few weeks in on the last lot.  Not ideal but same process dude. 

• Like 1