Cloning - 10 Easy Steps to Successful Cuttings

Budelaire

Guest SmokeyDraw

Budulaire, In your experience here, do you think it would be better to leave them - stable environment.

Basically we wrapped cling film around the prop leaving the top as a viewing window, there are vents on the top that we could mist through but am worried this will disturb them.

Next time round will add some water in the bottom as u have suggested.

We need to get the cloning working as have a bag of mix up from ugorg!!!

Thanks for your guidance.

Guest SmokeyDraw

Hello all,

The latest update, we had a good look last night at our little girlies, and am delighted to report we have new growth! The original leaves have yellowed off as expected and as I said we have new growth.

We also noticed some water in the grooves so have kept it tightly wrapped still in the cling film, so we're all looking good. So as not to disturb the stable enviro!

Not only are we very pleasantly surprised and delighted.

Thank you Budulaire for your invaluable guide and again thanks to one and all on uk420.

Just need to sort our germination and we're there. A mate currently does the honours!!! Just a bit confused as to whether to do the glass of water or damp towel method. Any road sorry of high jacking thread.

Just to anyone who hasn't cloned try this method - it works! :-)

Good Stuff pal :guitar:

I personally go straight to soil when germing, even when growing in coco/hydro. The plant can then take what it needs from the soil right away. :yinyang:

You can pick up John Innes seed compost from any B&Q or homebase garden centre etc. 10ltr bags for £3.50 or whatever. Works real well, i use whatever compost i've got to hand really. Theres some in the right of this picture.

med_gallery_61117_4990_379100.jpg

Germination.

1. Simply Fill pots without pressing down, and tap to settle the compost.
  2. water them through with tap water or maxicrop, fully saturating the compost.
  3. once the compost as settled/drained make an hole about 7-8mm deep
  4. Place Seed in hole
  5. Cover/Back fill your little hole with a bit of moist compost
  6. Leave under T5 or similar for 3 days

Liking the ugorg product placement budelaire lol

I took some clones nearly a week ago and used this guide and took tips from other guides to come up with my own way. A quick question though if you don't mind mate; they haven't rooted yet and I accidentally left the light off and they were in darkness for about 36 hours. Silly mistake. Will this have any negative effect on them as the grow?

Cheers.

Wouldn't have thought so mate, it will have been cold probably but that shouldn't effect yield, they will just take longer to root initially though i'd have thought. :yinyang:

Guest SmokeyDraw

Quick update from our effort, all clones that we took 15 days ago are still going and are happy :guitar: . I've asked my grow buddy to remove the cling film today and open them up and give them a nice airing and a drink small amount (less than 5ml of canna start) to 1 litre of ph'd water, and just put a splash in and check saturation on each baby!).

You can see the mass of roots from the jiffy plugs - quite amazing for us 2 Muppets but probably what is expected. The ones in the grodan do look significantly smaller and less root development from what we can see but then they are smaller than the jiffy's anyway - summary is jiffy's appear more successful - shame as I have a tray of small grodan cubes!! :wallbash:

we'll be moving them up to 4" grodan cubes in the next few days, and the plan is to pot them with some soil - not sure what to use (struggling to find a local seller of John Innes - so may end up with biobizz all mix - makes life easier just going to one seller! :wallbash: ) as we want to get a few of these up to size to go straight into flower when the others come out....... :yahoo:

Happy growing to all 420ers

SD

:bong:

Edited by SmokeyDraw

Quick qwesh when you got the cut in there pot rapped in clim shouldn't I see water on the clim from humidity at the moment I can't see that should I throw some water in the for more humidity? Thanks

It won't hurt to give them a spray to kick start the humidity.

If the compost was wet enough it should be ok. Is it fully sealed the pot, bottom as well?

You forgot your own step 7!

Germination.

1. Simply Fill pots without pressing down, and tap to settle the compost.
  2. water them through with tap water or maxicrop, fully saturating the compost.
  3. once the compost as settled/drained make an hole about 7-8mm deep
  4. Place Seed in hole
  5. Cover/Back fill your little hole with a bit of moist compost
  6. Leave under T5 or similar for 3 days
  7. Forget about new seeds and go off on a jolly for a few days, allowing all the seeds to dry out and die :D

• Like 1