Serpents guide to growing autos in soil

Serpent

Like squirrel says, however if your thinking of using a scrog to help control the height it might work, but most autos tend to have 1 main cola so you probably wouldn't get much benefit

• 2 weeks later...

Never grown Lowryder or outdoors so can't really help, but check out Sweet Seeds as up their as one of the better, if not best, auto breeders out there.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Like squirrel says, however if your thinking of using a scrog to help control the height it might work, but most autos tend to have 1 main cola so you probably wouldn't get much benefit

Yeah I agree with squirel, autos wont have enough veg time to fill a scrog screen (even though I have never done a scrog, I know the principle) what I do with autos is the same as photo period plants and that is bending and tying down the main cola to allow the side branches to grow more. This has worked well with all the autos giving an average of 2-3 oz per plant. :guitar:

At a last resort you can always supercrop as well, I've had to do it a handful of times with different autos and they've all responded well to it.

Hi, my first post on here and would like to say thanks for the great guide.

Been smoking heavily for 6 months or so but only able to get unnamed dealer weed. Should see what I have at the moment, doesn't really even look like weed. More like green lumps of coal or something. But anyway that's a picture and a thread for another day.

I had decided a while ago on using a DR60 and for first grow simplicity using femenised auto seeds. Now thanks to you I have decided on Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel for probably 2 of 4 plants I plan to grow. What I really want is a variety. Me and my friends have never experienced different stones really due to lack of availability. So with Cream Caramel being an Indica I was wondering if you Serpant or anyone else with auto knowledge could suggest a good Sativa heavy strain to go in my DR60 beside the Cream Caramels.

Won't be growing for a couple months yet as need to sort everything out but I genuinely can't wait on discovering all the wonders of growing and smoking good weed.

One other thig I was going to ask was has anyone any experience with a 400w bulb (would be dual spectrum hps) in a DR60 rather than a 250w.

Thanks

Hey mate, welcome to the forum & ditching your dealer :yep:

You'll find most auto's are indica dominant as there generally quicker to finish and shorter plants, there are a few auto hazes though, Dinafem do a Haze Automatic, can't tell how good or bad it is as I haven't grown it out.......yet

Never used an400w in a DR60, gut feeling is it'll be a bit overkill as I find a 250w ample.

Good luck :hippy:

Hey mate, welcome to the forum & ditching your dealer :yep:

You'll find most auto's are indica dominant as there generally quicker to finish and shorter plants, there are a few auto hazes though, Dinafem do a Haze Automatic, can't tell how good or bad it is as I haven't grown it out.......yet

Never used an400w in a DR60, gut feeling is it'll be a bit overkill as I find a 250w ample.

Good luck :hippy:

Ah thanks for the information. Amazing ive been reading loads about growing and everything around it for months but had never realized most autos were Indica dominant but it makes so much sense given their typical properties.

Had a look around and came across a few that claim to be more sativa than most autos (Auto Assassin, Big Budha Super Auto Sativa,Haze Auto as you said). Now that I realize I won't get a sativa dominant all I really want is a bit more sativa than the cream caramel. Will stuck up a thread in the strain base at some point. I'm just really keen to experience the different tastes and effects of strains.

Will likely stick to a 250w. Helps with the bills a bit and in the small space of a DR60 I suppose the 400w will just cause a newbie grower heat issues I don't want for very little pay off.

Out of interest how many plants do you usually grow? I saw you said you get around 2oz average a plant. I would be overly happy with 2-3oz in total between my full tent of (planned) 4. Over say 9 weeks growing and 3 for dry and cure that would be great for my needs.

Thanks so much.

Edited by DuncanMon

Thought I'd share some pics from my Sweet Seeds Diary, this is a Black Jack Auto that was chopped yesterday at 68 Days :guitar:

gallery_57657_3504_47810.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_57832.jpg

After a quick trim

gallery_57657_3504_62246.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_47765.jpg

The Harvest

gallery_57657_3504_59396.jpg

• Like 4

Ah thanks for the information. Amazing ive been reading loads about growing and everything around it for months but had never realized most autos were Indica dominant but it makes so much sense given their typical properties.

Had a look around and came across a few that claim to be more sativa than most autos (Auto Assassin, Big Budha Super Auto Sativa,Haze Auto as you said). Now that I realize I won't get a sativa dominant all I really want is a bit more sativa than the cream caramel. Will stuck up a thread in the strain base at some point. I'm just really keen to experience the different tastes and effects of strains.

Will likely stick to a 250w. Helps with the bills a bit and in the small space of a DR60 I suppose the 400w will just cause a newbie grower heat issues I don't want for very little pay off.

Out of interest how many plants do you usually grow? I saw you said you get around 2oz average a plant. I would be overly happy with 2-3oz in total between my full tent of (planned) 4. Over say 9 weeks growing and 3 for dry and cure that would be great for my needs.

Thanks so much.

Yeah there's a few others out there, you might have to think about introducing some LST early on with taller plants as there isn't a huge amount of headroom in a DR60, especially if your like me and have your CF strapped inside as well and yeah, sticking to a 250w will help with the leccy bill, especially as you need to keep it on 18 hours a day.

And I usually grow between 4 & 5 plants and if grown well you could get 8-10oz, maybe slightly more, but believe me, once your jars are rammed, you intake increases 10 fold, when I started growing, my first harvest of 3 plants was about 8oz (not autos), thought that would last me and mrs serpent months, how wrong was I :wassnnme:

Good luck mate

• Like 3

I took my Black Jack Autos out to day 75, based on the trichs. This is one the day before it met the chopping scissors. They are a lovely smoke with a beautiful lemon fragrance.

gallery_16932_3899_18527.jpg

They sold me a bit of a dummy on feeding though. Although we got just over two ounces per plant (stats in my grow diary) and they smoke nicely, the buds were a little open and airy, and could have been fatter. It seems to be a strain with naturally dark leaves, which led me to first cut their feed back and then stop it, thinking they were getting too much, when in fact they could have done with a bit more. I think they would have done even better with more feed.

• Like 3

Looks good mate and yeah mine are slightly airy, although not as much as I first thought, the other Black Jack I've got seems to be a bit more dense, that's at 69 days today and will probably be chopped in the next few days.

Edited by Serpent

Great informative thread mate.I can't believe it's took me until now to pop in.

I'll be going by this guide when i start my mohan ram auto's soon.

Thanks again for the tips/advice :)

Redtilidie :smokin:

• Like 1

Good to hear it was of help red, good luck cracking your auto beans and turning to the darkside muhahahaha :hippy:

Edited by Serpent