Serpents guide to growing autos in soil

Serpent

Excellent post Serpent, well done for taking the trouble of such a well-written article.

And for those of you not familiar with the auto-king, Serpent grows monster autos, apparently effortlessly ... take heed!

• Like 11

nice work serpent ,i grow using the same nutes and silicon,but use a 300watt red cfl all the way through .and for the foreseeable future im going to stick with creme caramels and auto black jacks ..good high .good plants .

• Like 9

those are the sort of photos that would be good to whip out when a discussion turns to the smaller yields that can be expected drom autos compared to photoperiod strains dude.. :B):

autoSerp indeed.. :yep:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, glad it's been of some use and I thought it would be a nice addition to the site as there seems to be a lot more folk dabbling with auto's of late

• Like 6

That's very interesting, great thread. :guitar:

I have some Cream Caramel seeds waiting for a growroom slot, your bud has me almost drooling. :applause: The Joint Doctor strains generally need 70 days IME, are you counting from when you plant the seed, or when it pops up?

So far I have a 100% record with autos germinating, by simply planting them in moist compost with no soaking or other preparation at all. I don't use a propagator, I just whack them straight under the light. I start them in 7 inch square pots, about 6.5 litres, because that's what the breeders generally recommend, and they seem to do pretty well on that. I go with 20/4, on the theory that you want to pump as much light into them as possible during their short lifespan.

• Like 6

Thanks squirrel, and I count day 1 when they've popped their little heads above the soil and I'm sad to say I've not had 100% germ rate going straight into soil, had a few none starters, hence why I now soak them and I should try going straight into final pots to compare them to potting up, maybe something to try next time.

Have you got any photos of past auto's you've grown?

• Like 2

Mine are not as pretty as yours, I'm afraid, we had some heat issues as you can see. Plus I don't have your talent as a photographer. These are Easy Ryders and Big Devils, and a couple of Dinafem freebies, which we grew last year.

post-16932-0-07216400-1314112632_thumb.jpg

We got a pretty decent harvest. We didn't weigh it, it's such a hassle and we don't really care, but my notes say we filled ten Kilner jars, two of them oversized, from ten plants.

• Like 8

n theres me thinking autos were poor yeilders!

not that ive tryed any but looking at this il may well give it a go.

sum good work goin on here! :applause:

whats the smoke like? ive never had the plesure

• Like 2

I rate it as good as ordinary plants.

e2a The Joint Doctor strains I find quite uppy, really good get-up-and-get-organised smoke. The Big Devil is a good yielder, a decent but not spectacular smoke. The Dinafem Haze was a little small, but a cracking smoke, I'm going to grow some more of those.

Edited by squirrel
  • Like 3

Mine are not as pretty as yours, I'm afraid, we had some heat issues as you can see. Plus I don't have your talent as a photographer. These are Easy Ryders and Big Devils, and a couple of Dinafem freebies, which we grew last year.

We got a pretty decent harvest. We didn't weigh it, it's such a hassle and we don't really care, but my notes say we filled ten Kilner jars, two of them oversized, from ten plants.

Looks a nice haul from where I'm sat and I hope you enjoyed your fruits :D

n theres me thinking autos were poor yeilders!

not that ive tryed any but looking at this il may well give it a go.

sum good work goin on here! :applause:

whats the smoke like? ive never had the plesure

Yeah you can pull in some good harvests with auto's and I guess with the smoke, it's what strain you use, I don't think there as potent as there photoperiod cousins, but the new strains are knocking on the door, the Cream Caramel is my fave at the moment, got a nice indica couchlock stoned going on, especially when vaped, ohh and gives you horrendous munchies :stoned:

• Like 1

saying that i think i woz given sum autos freebies(thanks attitude) last year!

thanks for the info guys :yep:

keep up the good work!

im off to go n have a look at my seed stash!

• Like 2

Fruit automatic that dinafem are pretty nice.. did one of there freebies from attitude a few weeks back and my god i wish i had put it in a bigger pot... lovely thread tho and very inspiring serpent, nice one dude :guitar:

• Like 1

I grew 8 Speed Devil #2 out in hydro system last grow and was pretty impressed although went way over the 60 day mark. Fairly new to growing mind. I got 18oz dry off them and it is really enjoyable smoke, giggly as fook!

post-58397-0-23889100-1314131178_thumb.jpg

Sorry. crap pic!!

• Like 7