Serpents guide to growing autos in soil

Serpent

@Serpent just waiting on my seeds to germinate and then going to pot them up into a little pot cup, would you start them off on a minor drop off root stim when they sprout their leaves or wait 7-10 days till I transplant and then start with the root stim pal

• 1 month later...

Good Evening.

Before I ask any questions I would like to make it clear that I am not lazy I understand a lot of information is available on the website but unfortunately I struggle with a significant sight impairment and I find it easier to ask a question rather than to spend hours looking for an answer so if you would be so kind as to please bear with me I will ask very short question.

I have recently purchased some auto flowering feminised high-strength CBD seats from a supplier recommended to me on these forums, I would like to ask that when these seeds have sprouteddo I need to put them under my LED lights with both vegetative and bloom lights both switched on or do I need to just have vegetative lights on for a certain length of time and then switch over, I'm sorry for such a simple question but this is only my second grow and I have not even considered auto flowering until now, I would really appreciate any advice you may be able to offer me.

Take care have a good weekend

stillo

@stillo this is a really old thread  I'd post any questions you have into a new thread in the autos section.

I have no idea about LED, but many seem to start with CFL. I personally started with 250w hps because that's what I had.

If I were you I'd just use veg mode on your LED, ensure there's plenty of vertical height from your seedlings and dim the LED power down.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, superfruit said:

@stillo this is a really old thread  I'd post any questions you have into a new thread in the autos section.

I have no idea about LED, but many seem to start with CFL. I personally started with 250w hps because that's what I had.

If I were you I'd just use veg mode on your LED, ensure there's plenty of vertical height from your seedlings and dim the LED power down.

Thank you for the response and sorry I didn't know it was an old thread, I will do as you suggest thank you very much for the reply

take care

stillo

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...

Hi all, hope all (and all crops) doing well

First post! quick question (will post pics later) 

Followed this guide, roughly, just grown outside in soil and under houselights at night (not ideal I know)

I started a couple first week of June and still have them in pots, this means they're way past 66 days, is this much of an issue?

Not sure if the most mature one is growing anymore, does look quite frosty but not that big.
Probably due to the pot size
Many thanks

Hey @Valleys welcome to the site. Autos (and photos for that matter) often take longer than the time stated on the pack/description and when grown outdoors they will usually take longer than indoor simply because they aren't in a perfectly optimised environment, so I wouldn't worry too much about what day they're on. You just have to go on how the plant looks. Theres a good guide on how and when to harvest in the harvesting/curing section. Good luck with your crop mate, nothing better than smoking your own herb. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Hey @Valleys welcome to the site. Autos (and photos for that matter) often take longer than the time stated on the pack/description and when grown outdoors they will usually take longer than indoor simply because they aren't in a perfectly optimised environment, so I wouldn't worry too much about what day they're on. You just have to go on how the plant looks. Theres a good guide on how and when to harvest in the harvesting/curing section. Good luck with your crop mate, nothing better than smoking your own herb. 

Hi, many thanks for welcome and your post, much appreciated, will have a look at that section

Attached a pic taken just now, wondering whether the buds will grow anymore or if that will be it

large.tyfu1.jpg

Edited by Valleys
  • Like 1

@Valleys
Bigger pots make bigger autos…. Mostly.
Or they give ample room for the plant to do it’s maximum. 50 L of Compo and Coco 70/30 mix is the trick for autos outside.The coco helps break up the soil and allows the root ball to spread easily.  Normally 90 to 100 days despite what it says on the breeders blurb. 
For Lat 51start in small pots end of April and transplant CAREFULLY 10 days later to finals….No exceptions. 

Fed with chicken Poo pellets in 5 L of of unadjusted river water once a week.  

KIS for all you grow shop spenders, you don’t need their expensive elixirs. 

5 Ft auto RGSC Auto Amnesia early August with 10 days to go. In the rear a later finishing early October DFG waiting for the Auto to Piss off out of the way in this multi yield plot. 

large.0A85DB2D-802C-4F67-B1E2-1EDE1FB164C3.jpeglarge.5E160A84-F2A2-4376-9A88-389C98980632.jpegIf they don’t grow tall they can grow wide. Fully cooked auto, I think some sort of Thai Auto. Who cares, it’s free weed and it’s early compared with Photoperiod plants. 

Edited by Lea Valley
  • Like 11
  • 1 month later...
On 23/08/2011 at 4:25 PM, squirrel said:

Mine are not as pretty as yours, I'm afraid, we had some heat issues as you can see. Plus I don't have your talent as a photographer. These are Easy Ryders and Big Devils, and a couple of Dinafem freebies, which we grew last year.

post-16932-0-07216400-1314112632_thumb.jpg

We got a pretty decent harvest. We didn't weigh it, it's such a hassle and we don't really care, but my notes say we filled ten Kilner jars, two of them oversized, from ten plants.

My eyes got all red just looking at your picture.

• 1 year later...

Hi. 
I’d like your advise on auto pot sizes. In my experience by using a bigger pot doesn’t get you a bigger plant. Tell me if you find same (in soil). My last size used was 4.5 ltr (1gal) outdoor auto og’s and was damn impressed at £2 a seed. Anyway-let me know your thoughts 

• 1 year later...
On 06/09/2021 at 22:37, Lea Valley said:

@Valleys
Bigger pots make bigger autos…. Mostly.
Or they give ample room for the plant to do it’s maximum. 50 L of Compo and Coco 70/30 mix is the trick for autos outside.The coco helps break up the soil and allows the root ball to spread easily.  Normally 90 to 100 days despite what it says on the breeders blurb. 
For Lat 51start in small pots end of April and transplant CAREFULLY 10 days later to finals….No exceptions. 

Fed with chicken Poo pellets in 5 L of of unadjusted river water once a week.  

KIS for all you grow shop spenders, you don’t need their expensive elixirs. 

5 Ft auto RGSC Auto Amnesia early August with 10 days to go. In the rear a later finishing early October DFG waiting for the Auto to Piss off out of the way in this multi yield plot. 

large.0A85DB2D-802C-4F67-B1E2-1EDE1FB164C3.jpeglarge.5E160A84-F2A2-4376-9A88-389C98980632.jpegIf they don’t grow tall they can grow wide. Fully cooked auto, I think some sort of Thai Auto. Who cares, it’s free weed and it’s early compared with Photoperiod plants. 

getton @Lea Valley some prime lovely autos there man, keen for experimenting with them more this season