Serpents guide to growing autos in soil

Serpent

Serpents great auto guid you gave me more confidents with my grow and im defentily gowing to go with your guid thanx m8 :smokin:

Thanks Cash, glad it's been of help and good luck with your grow :yep:

Just to let anybody know who might be interested Attitude have a World of seeds promo on atm - buy any pack and get 2 pak ryder and 2 afghan kush ryder free - they're both supposed to be strong. Worth it if you were going to buy some seeds anyway.

Yeah noticed that the other day, RSS feeds can be handy ;) & thanks for posting the info :D

Hey Serp, Great guide dude! I just noticed it was sweet seeds comp time and managed to get my name down at the last minute, thanks to your awesome auto diary's and this guide I chose Cream Caramel, Black Jack and S.A.D. I'm excited about this now as you've really shown how great these sweet seeds auto's can be! Thanks again and cant wait to see how the comp seeds turn out!

atb

G

Cheers Gland mate and good luck with the grow and comp, seems to be a lot of folk growing auto's for it this year :yep:

I am growing 3 Royal Bluematic from royal queen seeds, this is my first ever grow and they are almost ready for the chop just waiting for the pistils to go %90 orange and already im looking forward to my next grow :) time to choose some new auto seeds me thinks.

Top tip:

Autos dont need much watering due to their ruderalis genetics !

I found this out by chance of doing some random research on the subject and have found on my first grow that it is true.

Ive been watering mine between 5 and 7 days and they seem happy with this.

It would be great if you guys could share your experiences with watering too.

thx :)

• Like 1

i'd be interested to hear any water patterns also, just doing it every day atm, no real set amount either, just when i think its had enough, the plants look fine so far

I go for a standard wet/dry. I find that although they are smaller than regs, the water consumption is similar, presumably because they grow faster. You shouldn't need to water every day, and the risk with that is that you drown them.

Whether 24/0 as a light cycle is a good idea or not is an interesting one. With regs, research shows they do best on 20/4 or 18/6, but I don't know whether anyone has tested that scientifically with autos. My theory is that you want to pump as much light into them as possible, but they need a lights-off period, so I go for 20/4. I'm pretty sure 24/0 wouldn't make them go faster, but conceivably it might make them slightly bigger. Or not. :B):

Edited by squirrel

guess i better learn how to work the timer then lol

i'd prefer not to have to water them ever day they just look so dry on the top surface, guess thats the lights.

thanks

Top tip 1:

If the top of your soil is very dry, add a layer of clay balls ontop so that the top layer of soil will still remain moist. roots wont grow where there is no water.

Top tip 2:

When you are ready to harvest chop the plant/s 1 hour before the lights are due to come on, the reason being is that when the lights are off all the plants energy and its nutrient foods are forced down into the roots, the dark period is so that the plant can use its energy for root development bigger roots = bigger plant = bigger buds, ive found that 18/6 light scedule is the optimum for autos, back to point at hand.

Chop 1 hour before lights usually come on so that when you go to hang your stemed buds thay will contain a lot less nutes which will give them a better smoke and slower controlled burn when it comes to sparking them up! :)

Serpents great auto guid you gave me more confidents with my grow and im defentily gowing to go with your guid thanx m8 :smokin:

+1

If it wasnt for this forum in general I would have been well stuck.

I didnt even think I would get my seeds to germanite, but after following the advice in the first post I had no problem.

^ definitely would be totally clueless without this guide and uk420 forum and some help from members :)

Top tip 1:

If the top of your soil is very dry, add a layer of clay balls ontop so that the top layer of soil will still remain moist. roots wont grow where there is no water.

seems logical, i'll need to pick some up.

just tested first lights out, temps went down to 18, thats too low im thinking?

Great thread Serpent! very helpful :book:

Got some cream caramel and fast bud autos to pop on the weekend :guitar:

gonna be using some minimax 150w lights i got cheap too, cant wait to see how it goes!

Was gonna ask a question but im too fucked to remember! :doh:

atb :skin_up:

i think this diary http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=269828 or a diary should probably be linked with the guide perhaps in the OP

it showed me as a newbie what to expect along the way (visually), has more details about quantitys of nutes and watering. what i most liked is it showed what the plants can take punishment wise.

maybe its just obvious to check dairys aswell and i guess this isn't a "newbie guide" so whatever :)

Hi all,

thinking of trying some auto's through the winter, theory being the extra hours of light will help combat the cold, my grow is in the loft. I'm pretty limited on height so i've got two questions, can you scrog with autos? What strains would anyone recommend? Reckon i'll be going down the 6.5 ltr pot route with the pm soil and old timers nutes.

Thanks

Hi mate...

Just got a auto grow finishing...

3 x sweet seeds big devil....

1x dinfem critical plus...which i got free ..for placing big devil order..

reckon ive got around 2oz per big devil and 2 and a half oz from critical plus..

they are half the time of photo but only half the yield...

maybe its my enviro...but i tried my best and im sorted for xmas...

good luck with you grow ,what ever you choose...