Serpents guide to growing autos in soil

Serpent

• 2 weeks later...

Someone asked me to check back in regarding the 60 Day Wonder.

It has made me wonder why they put '60 days' anywhere near the name tbh. I grew three of them and they've all followed the same pattern.

She smells beautiful and she has long, thin, light sativa characteristics, but she's now almost 85 days from seed (4 weeks veg) and she's at least 2 weeks away from finishing - if not longer. All trichomes are still clear and she has them all over her fan leaves on the upper portion of the plant too. No oranging of flowers yet.

The Thunder Bloody Mary was more impressive for speed. Small and only about 1 oz crop from each plant (better grower would get more obv), but took 63 days from seed, so quite impressed with that. The buds filled out to be really firm and solid within 4 weeks of the first white hairs appearing and it was ready to harvest by 5 weeks in flower (I harvest at the first sign of amber trichomes because I prefer a headier high).

As for watering issues - if they are in large pots (mine are 30-40 litre) then you really only need to water once every 4-5 days in soil imo, but then I found the same with non-autos, so can't say I've noticed a difference with watering. I did find they didn't get nute burn as easily, but that's about it.

Impressed with autos potential, but only as an early crop to keep yourself ticking over. As is always the case, patience is a virtue and really great things come to those who wait! :)

great guide im a first time grower and using this as a basis :bong:

im growing some easy ryder's and was just wondering what the deal was with removing fan leaves covering up bud sites if to remove them or not and when?

can anyone help?

thanks

The leaves are the plant's primary solar panels, so it's not a good idea to remove them unless you have to. If she doesn't need them she will drop them herself.

It is not possible to scrog with autos. Scrogging needs an extended veg time, and you can't extend the veg time on autos, they go into flower automatically after three weeks.

weighed the biggest main cola on one of my four autos ..

went 43 grams ....is this a record...or can anyone better that one...

cut em down about a fortnight ago...

ive finished & dried and its all in large kilner jars...

great guide im a first time grower and using this as a basis :bong:

im growing some easy ryder's and was just wondering what the deal was with removing fan leaves covering up bud sites if to remove them or not and when?

can anyone help?

thanks

Don't take them off, but do feel free to tuck them under the buds so the buds are getting most of the light :yep:

so im getting this on some of the bottom leaves, anything to worry about? theres a couple of cracks in some and a couple of others have gone a bit yellow all other leaves on the plant are nice dark green only other thing is couple leaves nearer the bottom are not holding themselfs up and draggin on the floor think this only applies to one though. peace

post-64176-0-35790800-1321045764_thumb.jpg

post-64176-0-47612700-1321045774_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi serp after reading through your diarys i have decided to have a dabble with autos .

have got my self a 250W hps in a cubard lined with mylar and soon an extractor fan and carbon filter and also some bio silicon and some left over bio bizz bloom from last year.

I took your advice and went for 5 creme caramel and also thought id have a go at some fast bud .

this is my first propper indoor grow ,have messed about growing in the past indoors and managed a nice crop outdoor last year.

thanks for the inspiration to get me motivated to do it.

Also what is your opinion on blackjack auto i.e yeild , smell , potancey

Also what is your opinion on blackjack auto i.e yeild , smell , potancey

Actually I'd be interested to hear from anyone about auto strength - particular compared with the non-auto version. Like Sweet Seeds for example, they've got loads of auto strains, has anyone grown and compared both versions of the same strain? Cream Caramel auto as good as Cream Caramel photoperiod?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hashbeck

Serpent and Squirrel - those are awesome pics. Will be using this guide and 6.5 litre pots for my next auto grow. I was thinking I'd hafta go with photoperiod for a decent yield, but 2oz off one plant is pretty spectacular. :magic:

I germinated mine using the paper towel method. All 3 were open in about 2 days.

I'll get those 6.5 litre pots and some auto seeds on the xmas wish list! :wink:

Love the guide serpent, going to use it for my first grow i think. Just started a thread asking a few questions here.

I have one specific thing for the man with all the auto knowledge, have you got any experience or read of any of people scrogging autos. I plan to do a small stealth grow you see.

I'm afraid you can't scrog autos. That technique requires an extended vegging period, and you can't do that with autos. They flower as soon as they are ready, usually 21 days, sometimes a little sooner.

Edited by squirrel