What Games Are You Playing At The Moment?

mickle

i just cant seem to get into games anymore.

the last couple of games ive played were The Sims:Breaking Out (YAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN) and Final Fantasy X, which entertained me for about 3 days before i got bored.

before that, i was playing Star Wars:KOTOR, which lasted for about 5 days, again, before i got totally bored with it, and also Halo, which pissed me off after about 2 days.

wish i could find a game that held my interest for longer...

i think im getting old... :headpain:

417671[/snapback]

Ave you tried civ 3? if not it should carry a goventment directive: "Warning this game may steal weeks from your life!", it's the greatest since elite!

The graphics does the job but the gameplay is fienish! You know that youve played it too much when you start asking your neighbours for mutal protection pacts!

whats civ 3?

Civilisations 3? :headpain:

is it available on the xbox or ps2 (ive got both)?

actually, just checked amazon... doesnt seem to be available on the consoles and i dont use a pc... :yinyang:

thanks anyway.

im still playing call of duty from 2 years ago. the online multiplayer cannot be bettered, and as you play other ppl, its always challenging.

saying that, im going to play a game now...

whats civ 3?

Civilisations 3? :realcool:

is it available on the xbox or ps2 (ive got both)?

actually, just checked amazon... doesnt seem to be available on the consoles and i dont use a pc... :(

thanks anyway.

418062[/snapback]

Aye thats the one, no it's only for PC. It'll run on an old one and is quite small, but has top class gameplay!

Ave you tried civ 3? if not it should carry a goventment directive: "Warning this game may steal weeks from your life!", it's the greatest since elite!

The graphics does the job but the gameplay is fienish! You know that youve played it too much when you start asking your neighbours for mutal protection pacts!

418060[/snapback]

Civ 4 is due out soon :realcool:

I'm anticipating it WAY more than I did doom3, I've played the civ series (real civ, the dreadful call to power ones don't count) more than any other games. There's summat about turn based empire building & world domination that really goes well with a few smokes :(

And Sid Meiers Pirates! was a corker of a game - perfect demonstration of how to update an old title, so hopefully that bodes well for civ 4.

Civ 4 is due out soon  :realcool:

I'm anticipating it WAY more than I did doom3, I've played the civ series (real civ, the dreadful call to power ones don't count) more than any other games. There's summat about turn based empire building & world domination that really goes well with a few smokes  :(

And Sid Meiers Pirates! was a corker of a game - perfect demonstration of how to update an old title, so hopefully that bodes well for civ 4.

418080[/snapback]

Wicked i'll look out for it, just not sure how 3 could be improved!

Aye it leaves you with plenty of time to skin yer spliffs while you decide how best to take over the world! Muhahahaha

The only thing that used to really get on ma tits with it was latter on in the game your enemies pointlessly suffle millions of troops around and you have to watch it ;)

ooooh, get my new gfx card tomorrow. had a butchers at some hardware sites & it looks OK. Light years better than the shite I've got now. Feel like a kid on Christmas eve :spliff: GTA San Andreas, Half Life 2, Far Cry, Dungeon Siege 2, PES4. Rome : Total War & WH40K Dawn Of War expansions & Civ 4 on the horizon.

Just in time for autumn :unsure:

ooooh, get my new gfx card tomorrow. had a butchers at some hardware sites & it looks OK. Light years better than the shite I've got now. Feel like a kid on Christmas eve lol GTA San Andreas, Half Life 2, Far Cry, Dungeon Siege 2, PES4. Rome : Total War & WH40K Dawn Of War expansions & Civ 4 on the horizon.

Just in time for autumn  :smoke:

419360[/snapback]

Mate, R:TW...you're in for a treat! If ya can get it cheap, doom 3, darkened room and decent headphones is a real gem...wouldnt pay full price on it because at the heart of it, its really a plain FPS, but its done with style.

Really looking forward to Civ 4 and Rise of Legends!

My god my old gfx card was shite. Been playing rome total war how it's meant to be played, with all the settings maxed out, and man does it ever add to the game. UT2004 with the visuals maxed out too :bush: And GTA san andreas. Haven't even got round to checking out how half life 2 looks yet.

I like my new gfx card ;)

Dunno, I think a new red alert game is in development, and I've seen rumours of a possible new C & C called tiberian twilight, but nowt definite. Never really got into C & C, dunno why. If you like RTS try warhammer 40K dawn of war, resource accumulation is by control points, not harvesting, gives the game a whole different tactical emphasis.

ill nick it from the www and give it a try, dishonest i know, but if i like it that much ill buy the proper version.

i like c&c because its just simple, you can have quick skirmish in 15mins.

that and the hiarity of the american tanks that say 'doing the right thing' or 'preserving freedom' when you click on them.

anybody play rise of nations? imo the deepest strat game out, and still retains the e\se of c&c

Have any you guys tryed time spliters FP its made by the same people who made bond on the n64 ! (Classic!) its quallty 2-4 player top marks .. but for me im a pro evo 5 lover cant keep of it a mate of mine patches them so we have all the real chants .. add boards .. boots .. kits .. the lot you name it the guys have re eddited it to make the orignal game look pants .. truly wicked now i love it ..

Edited by Dayhu