Jj.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jibba jabba said:

That very big @FlyingArse 

Did you start them in the 18’s ?

are they photos or autos?

How big is your grow space?

Jj

I started them in 1liter milk cartons. They were photoperiod strains. My grow space is 1mX1mX2m

On 2/6/2018 at 3:14 PM, Slugums said:

I use Ionic grow, with a little cal mag, from the very first day

Alright there slugums.. I hope all is well. 

I've made the move to coco myself, still in hempy's.  I'm using the Ionic coco grow as well and also my tap water is about the same as yours.  Are you using a small amount of cal/mag every feed?  I'm 34 days from seed at the moment and have used it for 2 lots of 4 days, just upping the water ec to 0.4. Would you recommend say a smaller amount each feed? mebs take the water to 0.3 

Cheers man

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FlyingArse said:

I started them in 1liter milk cartons. They were photoperiod strains

Did you pot up between the cartons and 18litre pots? Thats the correct way to achieve a good root mass. That way you would have filled the 18litres no problem.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ursus1000 said:

Did you pot up between the cartons and 18litre pots? Thats the correct way to achieve a good root mass. That way you would have filled the 18litres no problem.

No I didn't. Will be sure to be more gradual in the future :)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sroporilshoot said:

Alright there slugums.. I hope all is well. 

I've made the move to coco myself, still in hempy's.  I'm using the Ionic coco grow as well and also my tap water is about the same as yours.  Are you using a small amount of cal/mag every feed?  I'm 34 days from seed at the moment and have used it for 2 lots of 4 days, just upping the water ec to 0.4. Would you recommend say a smaller amount each feed? mebs take the water to 0.3 

Cheers man

Hi @sroporilshoot Cheers, grand here, mate! Hope you're well... I'm still tempted by hempys - must give that a bash at some point!

Yep, every feed... I only started using calmag after I had mag def on my first grow, since then I use a little daily in every feed - I'm still hand watering. At 34 days from seed or so, I'd have worked up to putting 1ml Ionic calmag per 2lt water and feed depending on how the plants are looking.

Are you running a diary for this grow? I'm just about to set-up for a winter run of white skunk! :D

Good luck!

• Like 1

@FlyingArse

Pots are too big for your space bud,18 litres will grow trees.

Next time try 1 litre > 3.5 litre > 6.5 litre (final pot) That should see your 6.5 loaded with roots instead of the top 3rd.

Tenchie.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Slugums said:

I'm just about to set-up for a winter run of white skunk!

Sounds good man are they White Label Seeds? I've got a mixed gag diary on the go, same forum as yourself, just seen it, hope it goes well :yep: 

I had a bottle of cal/mag unopened, it's Evoponic Magi-Cal  13% Ca,  10% Mg and 7.7% Sulphur. I'll have to try and get hold of some Ionic stuff.  I used some of the magi-cal tonight, It took 1.25 ml in 6L to raise the water from ec 0.23 to 0.4. I think I'll try keeping it at that and see how it goes...Do you stop using it when you get in to flower, mebs after the stretch?  

8 hours ago, Slugums said:

I only started using calmag after I had mag def on my first grow

Did it take long for the deficiency to show?

Cheers man ATB

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sroporilshoot said:

Sounds good man are they White Label Seeds? I've got a mixed gag diary on the go, same forum as yourself, just seen it, hope it goes well :yep:

Cheers! Yup, they are white label seeds I bought around 3 years ago... I'll see if I can find your diary and follow along - good luck!

14 hours ago, sroporilshoot said:

I had a bottle of cal/mag unopened, it's Evoponic Magi-Cal  13% Ca,  10% Mg and 7.7% Sulphur. I'll have to try and get hold of some Ionic stuff.  I used some of the magi-cal tonight, It took 1.25 ml in 6L to raise the water from ec 0.23 to 0.4. I think I'll try keeping it at that and see how it goes...Do you stop using it when you get in to flower, mebs after the stretch?

Never used anything other than Ionic... Silly question, what total ec are you feeding at? I keep using the calmag all the way through until I flush...

I just looked back at the pics... the mag def showed up around week 8 - 9 - I reckon that would have been a week or so after switching. I can't find the diary for that grow, but the pics are still up in my albums.

Best of luck mate! :v:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slugums said:

Silly question, what total ec are you feeding at? I keep using the calmag all the way through until I flush...

Cheers man....I'm on ec 1.25 inc back ground and cal/mag

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome, I think I need to have a crack at something different.

Is there any threads that you could recommend?

E2a, I have some seedlings a couple of weeks old, can I wash out the compost and transplant them into coco?

Thanks  @Arthur Mix @Golden Syrup

Edited by ratdog