Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

2 hours ago, sprog said:

I've just changed my nutes to Dutch Pro a/b grow n bloom + root stim and so far I'm impressed, root mass so much better on repotting,

week2. ov flower and looks lovely jubbly lol

That 'Take Root' is the real deal. I use it for DWC and it's spot on.

Morning folks,

So I took delivery of my growers ark nutrients this week (grow,bloom,extra traces & root stim) I forgot to get the first feed so will be starting with the grow a&b.When I do start it will be with rooted clones.

Before I get that far tho I`m going to pre test my nutrients via a 2 litre jug. My question is probally a silly one but here goes anyway,is it just the a&b Base nutrients I add or should the extra traces and root stim be added too,do they effect ec?

Sure my backgound ec is 0.7 and I will be using hard water nutes.

Tenchie.

@ratdog maybe look at GHE Flora Nova grow and bloom they One part and very concentrated . A capful to ten litres is 1.6 ec me tap is .4 at moment . A transition second week flower you use both parts for one week :oldtoker:

2 hours ago, Tenchie said:

Morning folks,

So I took delivery of my growers ark nutrients this week (grow,bloom,extra traces & root stim) I forgot to get the first feed so will be starting with the grow a&b.When I do start it will be with rooted clones.

Before I get that far tho I`m going to pre test my nutrients via a 2 litre jug. My question is probally a silly one but here goes anyway,is it just the a&b Base nutrients I add or should the extra traces and root stim be added too,do they effect ec?

Tenchie.

If you add 1ml of grow you add 4ml of traces. You dont need to do this with first feed though

Yes use root stim also and no they dont affect ec

Owd

• Like 1

Hello guys, 

I am about to transplant my plants from 7,5l plastic pots to 23l fabric pots. Plants are already in straight coco coir. 

I never grown before in that big pots and I wonder if I should continue with straight coco or for final pots i should use for example 60/40 coco/perlite? 

I  am watering them every 2-3 days now, but after final transplant I will using TopSpin Dripper kit and I am thinking to water them 2-3 times per day with big run off.

What you guys think would be the best for them? Thanks

Edited by Pogba

Evening all, Just starting off my new grow using coco always used soil before. I’ve brought some canna coco my question is do I start feeding from the minute they poke there heads up as there’s no food in the coco? If I do obviously very little? 

Thanks amstaff...

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2018 at 11:07 AM, Tenchie said:

Morning folks,

Tenchie.

Hello everyone and a belated Happy new year to all :yep:

At last after a hectic few months in my personal life I got my growers ark nutes out today for a test run,like I said in my last post above. Just about ready to go now,waiting on 4 cuttings to root from 10 and I`m good to go.

Ec background turned out at 0.8 and these are hard water version! Only used a 1 litre jug and here`s my rsults,let me know please if they sound right please.

Grow a&b =

1m a + 1ml b +4ml extra traces + 3ml root sim = ec 1.0

2ml a + 2ml b + 3ml extra traces + 3ml root sim = ec 1.2

3ml a + 3ml b + 2ml extra traces + 3ml root sim = ec 1.4

4ml a + 4ml b + 1ml extra traces + 3ml root sim = ec 1.6

Hopefully I wont go above the 1.6 and try to keep my ec as low as possible,these Esb are quite sensitive to food anyway. From rooted clone should I start with 1.2 or would anyone advise starting with an ec of 1.0?

Good to go?

Tenchie.

Ps If you want your partner to leave the room in a hurry open up the root sim lol

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

large.seedling.jpglarge.seedling3.jpglarge.seedling4.jpglarge.Snapchat-270831720.jpglarge.light.jpg

can someone check my diary and see if they can offer some help please???? dinafem... dont know how to link on here yet

Hydroton mixed with coco is called chum, after the dog food. 

The idea is that the roots have to go round the clay pebbles thereby increasing the length of the root and thereby increasing the mass of root volume theoretically leading to higher yields. 

On 20/10/2009 at 3:41 PM, donjon said:

Nice, I've been wondering why people mix their coco with hydroton?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys hope someone can help me, I'm on my first grow and I'm using coco and the Canna range of nutes, when it comes to flowering what's better, PK13/14 or Canna bloom or both together? any advice would be gratefully appreciated. 

• 2 months later...
On 22/03/2019 at 3:08 PM, moffman said:

Hey guys hope someone can help me, I'm on my first grow and I'm using coco and the Canna range of nutes, when it comes to flowering what's better, PK13/14 or Canna bloom or both together? any advice would be gratefully appreciated. 

Nither just stick with the a&b 

back to using canna Anna after trying most of the others and a lot of the snake oil pk boosters etc.

all my best grows have come just from the base nutes

• Like 4