Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

Hi guys my local shop keeps trying palm me off with cocos all mix by pro xl saying it’s the way forward but can’t seem to find much about their products. Has anyone had any experience with it. Always used canna coco professional plus but lately been finding bits off plastic in the bag and had springtails never had them before. Thanks for your help

• 6 months later...
On 9/11/2019 at 0:06 PM, Bje said:

Hi guys my local shop keeps trying palm me off with cocos all mix by pro xl saying it’s the way forward but can’t seem to find much about their products. Has anyone had any experience with it. Always used canna coco professional plus but lately been finding bits off plastic in the bag and had springtails never had them before. Thanks for your help

ive used the pro-x coco and its good stuff has added cal/mag, i tried the nutrient range but found it better to use dutch pro coco a & b, i think the grow shop has a vested interest in pushing pro-xl as it may be their own brand from what i can gather

• Like 2

Just get what you are used too and what works for you. If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

My local shop is invested by pro xl, I just go in knowing what I want, I don't go looking for things. They never push products on me, the older team used too though. A couple of mates get stung all the time too. 

Just go in knowing what you want mate, firmly but kindly reject their ideas of what they think is best. 

GM

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GrinderMan said:

Just get what you are used too and what works for you. If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

My local shop is invested by pro xl, I just go in knowing what I want, I don't go looking for things. They never push products on me, the older team used too though. A couple of mates get stung all the time too. 

Just go in knowing what you want mate, firmly but kindly reject their ideas of what they think is best. 

GM

similar experience to the shop i use looool the all mix coco is outstanding tho, much better than canna coco imo

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Do you think this is a calmag issue?  I’m not Sure as I have no experience There growing under 600w hps light recently moved them to bigger pots. Two photos with lights off are from yesterday the one with lights on is this morning seems to be shiriviling up and dying :( large.64D5F938-E51B-4CC7-A6A6-81FFDEE30EF1.pnglarge.6FC0A45F-DF6E-4BCF-89B3-D3873BAE6ED9.jpeglarge.2E8F493D-D863-4720-8FB6-6EA648FE6F66.jpegthere’s also a tiny little yellow patch on one of the top leafs In the middle, not really visible with the lights on that has showed up this morning I’ll get some more photos when lights go off later if needed. Any advice would be truly appreciated

• Like 1

On 26/04/2020 at 0:22 PM, covidmademedoit said:

Do you think this is a calmag issue?  

That usually happens to the first leaves, I wouldn't worry about it.  Just pinch it off and crack on.  If that starts happening further up the plant with any kind of regularity, then you need to look at it.  It's unlikely to be a calmag deficiency at this stage of the cycle, but if you're not using a coco-specific nute then you will see Ca issues....

GN

• Like 1

Hi I'm new to uk420 but happy to have found. About to move to coco coir have Coco lite (70% coco and 30%perlite)

Planning to use Maxicrop 1ml per litre to feed. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Do I need to add anything else?

Thanks

20 minutes ago, alex70 said:

Hi I'm new to uk420 but happy to have found. About to move to coco coir have Coco lite (70% coco and 30%perlite)

Planning to use Maxicrop 1ml per litre to feed. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Do I need to add anything else?

Thanks

A complete plant food. 

has anyone used coco lite mix? Do i need to use cal mag if I'm feeding with maxicrop? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help

@alex70 you need to use a complete coco feed. When I used to grow in coco,I used to use Ionic/Growth Technology coco feed. It's nice and simple to use. Just a single bottle for the growth/veg stage,and a single bottle for the bloom/flower stage. Are you growing from seed,or cuttings? Will you germinate the seeds/cuttings in coco? If so,get some Ionic/Growth Technology 'formulex' ( it's essentialy a baby/starter feed),and pre-wet the coco (read the label for the ratio,I've forgotten it). When you start using the growth/veg feed,do not follow the ratio on the bottle,or you will burn the seedlings. Start with half the bottle ratio. You also need a ph meter,and a ec meter in coco,they are essential. A ph range for coco is 5.6 - 6.2. In veg,I used to take the EC upto 1.2,and in flower a max EC 1.6. All the best with your grow

• Like 2

12 hours ago, alex70 said:

Do i need to use cal mag if I'm feeding with maxicrop?

I've never used maxicrop,but what is the EC of your water? If it's EC 0.4 or under,it's soft water,and you will need a calmag. Check the website of your water supplier,or check the EC yourself with an EC meter. A good brand of meter is 'Bluelab' truncheon,cost about £70 ish. A good brand of ph meter is 'Essential' cost about £40 ish.

• Like 2

So I already have a seedling started in soil. Looking to start new seedling in the coco coir lite. Apparently this is charghed so deals with Cal mag issue. Also I found this feed which seems pretty awesome and controls PH and EC.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Owderb
Link removed

You can start in soil pots and pot up into coco, no issues. Makes the start easier if you're not sure with feeding, but charge should sort that.