Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

Just now, Golden Syrup said:

@ratdog any of mine, arfs, owderbs, vrgs diarioes off the top of my head. You can always shoot questions in here if you want too ! Coco is well easy 

Nice one mate, I have some seedlings a couple of weeks old, can I wash out the compost and transplant them into coco?

2 minutes ago, sidders said:

dont worry about small amount of compost , just pot up into coco... thats what i do , without any probs.

Thanks dude, I repotted them today so will remove the extra tomorrow and swap them around, cheers.

Just now, Golden Syrup said:

Canna or intense IMO, the latter possibly being the better option and get the right kind for your tap water.

The website says you need to monitor ec with intense? but it says nowt about canna.

Ideally you would monitor it with both dude, an E.C stick is more imporant in coco than a pH stick IMO. You could probably wing it without one but its good to have an idea what strength you're going in at and what its coming out at .

• Like 1

im bottom feeding and so i cant read ec after.... or can i ?  ... i hardly use my ec meter .. 3-4 ml  of hesi bloom is bang on 1.4 and they look in good nick to me.

I don't think bottom feeding is a great idea in coir, although a lot would disagree with me. Watering from the top drags in oxygen and flushes old salts from the pot, I don't think a once a week flush is adequate with bottom feeding and a lot don't even do that. 

• Like 1

I only flush 1 week  from the chop... i find i get the same results whatever way i feed .. its also much easier for me to fill up saucers and no ag of getting rid of run off....  i am a lazy bastard tho.

@ratdog

Did you take the plunge mate,if so hows it coming along? Just recieved an email from growers ark,nutrients will be here tomorrow. Also made an order with grow and harvest for some other bits,looking forward to getting back into coco again,the mud games just to slow for my liking these days.

@Golden Syrup

Could you pm me a link to any growers ark in coco grows please! Just so I can have a refesher coarse before I get going,appreciated.

Tenchie.

25 minutes ago, Tenchie said:

Did you take the plunge mate

No mate, not yet, I didn`t factor still the need for metering and the like, when I asked if it was just plug and play with the newer nutes I should have been more clearer lol

My current grow isn`t very pretty, so I`ll wait until I`ve mastered compost first, but it might be a long wait lol

• Like 1

Been using coco for many a year with canna nutes, bottom feeding never been a problem for me,

On 28/10/2018 at 6:06 PM, ratdog said:

I can get ghe, canna or intense from my local shop, has anyone any preference?

I've just changed my nutes to Dutch Pro a/b grow n bloom + root stim and so far I'm impressed, root mass so much better on repotting,

week2. ov flower and looks lovely jubbly lol

@ratdog

lol

Fair do`s mate,I can see where your coming from,I`ve used coco before,a while ago right enough! Thought because I still had my bluelab and a few dribbles of ph up and ph down I was ready to rumble,started a shopping list yesterday morning and come early afternoon I was £400 down lol

The nutrients are 5l bottles tho,so should last a while or at least till I et my head around things again. Got on fine with mud,but was getting bored with vegging just taking so long so thought it was time fr change,I did order some more soil with my coco tho just incase. haha.

Tenchie.

• Like 1