Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

Just a heads up and a shout out for ecothrive coco. I said I was going to update you on how it goes after my local shop asked me to do a comparison and provide feedback for their customers so heres the first report

I potted 2 PS's and 2 Ceres into Canna Pro(my usual coco) and the same into Ecothrive which has the added charge already mixed in. Ive fed them exactly the same and already there is a marked difference in that all those in the ecothrive look healthier and bigger bushier plants. Don't get me wrong the ones in Canna look fine but not as good as those in the ecothrive. The ones in Canna are slightly paler and smaller

I'm just coming to the end of veg and up to now its a no brainer for me. Its a fiver more than canna so in the grand scheme of things no biggy but my plants certainly look healthier

We'll see how it goes into flower but I'm sold :)

I best thought I'd mention I have no affiliation to ecothrive at all. I tried this after a friends wife used the charge additive to her compost on her allotment. She was amazed on how much more yield she got compared with the ones she didn't treat. I mentioned this at the shop after she told me and they said they had had some great feedback too

Have a read up on it and give it a try :)

Owd

• Like 15

I was given a tub of the charge a while ago but not tried it, after hearing what you have to say, I think I'll give it a try.

Edited by murran
  • Like 1

gallery_28936_14162_223990.jpg

I'm loving coco, as a long time NFT grower and back growing after a few years off , I'm really impressed so far.

Above is a pic of my blueberry feminised from my seedsman grow competition taken a few days ago. Seed was soaked in paper towel on 2nd Dec, couple of days later was put into 4inch pot and it has been in this 3.5l pot just over 2wks.

I'm thinking of potting up into 11l pot as was going to veg until about 18 inches , any thoughts on this.

• Like 1

I had a peek at the roots today before feeding ,16 days since potting up, I'm quite happy as they're rooting faster than I thought. I'm thinking maybe another 5-6 days then I'm going to go with 11ltr pots.

gallery_28936_14162_432660.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

@Owderb just wondering how you are getting on with the ecothrive Coco so far, are you still seeing a difference in the plants into flower. My local shop is getting some in soon so think I will be getting a few bags.

Murran

@murran I'm nearly 5 weeks in mate and they still look the best so I'm sold. I can't say I can see a marked difference in bud size but I was sold with it when I was in veg

I had a few bugs and had to spray a couple of weeks back and the ecothrive plants rode it better than the canna coco ones so that tells me they are stronger plants

Still only half way through but I will see if there is a difference yield wise. I would think there should be seeing as they look the healthier but we'll see. Yields not really my concern here

Owd 

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply owderb, sounds promising, like I said before I have the charge I was given and now have started to use but for the extra fiver it's worth getting it premixed. 

large.20170218_190027-2268x3024.jpgok so I had a go at cloning in coco for the first time. I took 7 small clones about 2 weeks ago  and 4 are showing signs of roots the other 3 are still covered in their mini propagators lol but I've ripped a hole in the bags now and I expect to remove them soon. 4 of them are Ugorg#1 x Smellyberry which I'm hoping to be my next grow and the other 3 are clones of plants I'm about to flower. They're blueberry, Kripple Roulette and amnesia haze. 

Edited by widowman11
  • Like 2

just a quick (probably silly) question 

with this ecothrive having an e.c of 0.6 already.... do i literally just water with plain water until the dosage needs to be upped? 

just.a bit confused that's all - so all the way through the feeding schedule do you take into account this 0.6?

my water from the tap. is 0.4 so does this mean an e.c of 1.0 including the ecothrive 

I'm. baffled guys can anyone who has a spare 5 enlighten me? 

I'm interested 

• 1 month later...
On 06/01/2017 at 8:20 PM, Owderb said:

Just a heads up and a shout out for ecothrive coco. I said I was going to update you on how it goes after my local shop asked me to do a comparison and provide feedback for their customers so heres the first report

I potted 2 PS's and 2 Ceres into Canna Pro(my usual coco) and the same into Ecothrive which has the added charge already mixed in. Ive fed them exactly the same and already there is a marked difference in that all those in the ecothrive look healthier and bigger bushier plants. Don't get me wrong the ones in Canna look fine but not as good as those in the ecothrive. The ones in Canna are slightly paler and smaller

I'm just coming to the end of veg and up to now its a no brainer for me. Its a fiver more than canna so in the grand scheme of things no biggy but my plants certainly look healthier

We'll see how it goes into flower but I'm sold :)

I best thought I'd mention I have no affiliation to ecothrive at all. I tried this after a friends wife used the charge additive to her compost on her allotment. She was amazed on how much more yield she got compared with the ones she didn't treat. I mentioned this at the shop after she told me and they said they had had some great feedback too

Have a read up on it and give it a try :)

Owd

Final thoughts on this stuff is I'm 100% sold on it. I wish I hadn't had the thrip and mite attack because I would have beaten my best by quite a margin. I sprayed with three different products and the leaves did show signs of this but my yield was 41oz. I had to remove two plants that had bought the mites in because they were well swarmed with them but they hadn't migrated much so the others were pretty much clear but needed spraying just in case. They were admittedly two smaller plants that were in 6.5ltr pots but they would have yielded at least 5-6oz between them so I reckon I would have done around 46-47oz. The plants were already well into flower when I took them out so the other plants would not have benefitted that much and I was left with a big empty hole in the middle of the other 4 so 47oz from 2x600's would have been a great result

I have now got all my plants in it and once again they look lovely :)

Owd

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 4

@Owderb 

Can say I grabbed a 1L tub off the back of your recommendation, and have used it on this current seed run I am doing and for 21 days from seed they are some of the fastest I've seen and look brilliant, I even added a bit to a poorly disco biscuit mother upon a repot and it's coming round a treat.

It mixes and works great with canna coco pro +, I can't get the bagged stuff locally yet.

• Like 4

Guest mrtibbs

Thanks for this thread.

Very informative.

I am a rockwool guy myself, but i am moving over to coco for my next grow,  so this is some great info.

@Owderb cheers for the heads up on ecothrive

already had canna coco so just put the charge in at reccomended rate and the plants look unreal at 24 days above ground!

will not be growing without it now as i always used to get issues early in in veg with the same mag/general nitro deficiency but they are flying through veg no probs

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 28/11/2009 at 5:22 PM, Stan909 said:

Hi Folks

Was just clearing-out some files on my computer and came across a guide to growing in coco that I used/read before this thread was started.

It's probably faster & easier to read-through some of the diaries on these forums, but I thought I'd post it for background reading/interest:

Guide_growing_in_coco.pdf

ATB

Stan

Great read!