The Amsterdam Hotel Review Thread!

StonedBrittania

Not too sure about that FM. One thing I do know is DO NOT USE 'EASYTOBOOK.COM'.

Sorry for shouting, but last year I booked a room with them which turned out to have been double booked. Stranded with a 1,3 and 5 year old I was anything but pleased, but I thought hey it happens and just got on with it.

On my return home though I found that the cheeky sods had still charged me for the room. Well, nearly a year on and I still haven't been refunded. Easytobook say they aren't able refund the money as they are just an agent and don't do anything with your card details but pass them on to the hotel. I've sent them e-mails from me to the hotel and they have said on numerous occasions they would seek an explanation from the hotel for me but I'm just being fobbed off by them as well.

So, please do not use EASYTOBOOK.COM.

Cheers

BL

Just another review to add :rofl:

I stayed at the Rookies hotel for a couple of nights in early June, it was 90euros per night for a twin room.

Room was small but very clean and tidy, on the 3rd floor with some very steep ctairs to climb but nothing to bad. People running the hotel were very helpful and as you would expect smoker friendly :rofl:

Breakfast was served over the road in the Rookies resturant, very small and basic and not buffet style, the only hot choice was scrambled eggs. Still they do good juice, tea and coffee and you can have a smoke so can't comlpain really.

One bad point is the weed they sell in the Coffeeshop is total crap, and I have that view from various times i've visited over the years, The Mako Haze I bought was one of the worst smokes of the trip, the High, Romulan and Northern Lights wasnt much better.

In fact there arnt any decent Coffeeshops directly on or off the Leidelsplein so it's worth the short walk to the Noon or a 10min stroll to de Dampring :)

stayin at the "Budget Hotel Tourist Hotel Inn" this weekend!

no I didnt make the name up :wassnnme:

will report my story back to all the fellow 420'ers when i return..woohoo!!!

first time in the dam aswell!

dazed :D

edit! - :yinyang: its "Budget Hotel Tourist Inn" lol

Edited by dazed&confused

Stayed at 'La Boheme' back in January with my buddy who is an artfreak. It's sweetly positioned if you wanna visit the art galleries and photo exhibs. They're a cool bunch of people,their rooms are basic but clean,and there is a very tasty italian restaurant next door for when you want top notch nosh but are too caned to walk very far. Highly recommended.

Just got back from the Dam.

Stayed in the GreenHouse effect hotel for 3 nights (market & city oasis - both appartments)

Really impressed - stunning location (overlooking nieue markt square/waag castle) - discounted beer and bud at the greenhouse too.

Thought staff were very friendly but the best thing was the room - excellent value for money if there's a few of ypu and you can book ahead (like 3 months.) Spent a couple of nights (from around 10pm to 4am) sat in the window watching the world go by. Highly recommended...

so quick situation report while i'm here:

NYCD from both Greenhouse & Grey Area - great as ever

amnesia - greenhouse & somewhere else - devastating

Waterworks (was moonshine) from Dampkring - great (but overpriced)

Nederhash crystal/skuff from Grey area - great as ever

De Kuil - still great despite losing the alcohol license...

But there are just too many nutters now in the red light area - just a mass of pissed up kids/blokes drinking and shouting.

But there are just too many nutters now in the red light area - just a mass of pissed up kids/blokes drinking and shouting.

yeah, really busy and how hot was it!?!

me n my mates wanna go back but at not such a busy time.

Bubblegum from the Grasshopper was my fave.

I stayed In the Budget Hotel Tourist Inn - great location, 5 min walk from everything really. Abraxas coffeshop right across the road and the doors palace just a few doors down. Although the woman behind the bar in the doors palace wasnt very friendly when we asked for the menu and she said maybe in a few hours.

The room was basic but clean, window with a good view of some ladies of the night right below us :yinyang: Got really hot at night but i think thats just to do with the insanely good weather they're having (maybe i'm just to used to our crap weather over here)

boo yah

• 5 weeks later...

HI all need a hint here so help if u can...going to dam in a month for a week or so whit a friend i need to book a place to stay room whit 2 beds needed whit bathroom not to much cost like 30-40 euro per person max any advice?

and i waz reading bouth some festival of weed in some castle while ago but cant remember the date anyone nows something bouth it cuz i whoud like to visit it :) or some site i can see happenings in 10th month??

TNX for any reply :rofl:

H.K.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

was reading your comments on budget hotel! brings back a few memories

have been there twice and thr first time i went ther emy first born was conceived in one of there rooms.

We had our own toilet and shower and a balcony.

Anyway our first born is called Mia = Made In Amsterdam! B)

• 5 weeks later...

Hotel ROH

Very central [20m off Dam Sq]

Very quiet [like, unbelievably...]

Nice ppl .... even by Dutch standards !

Buffet breakfast and with nice times, serves till 10.30 IIRC, really chilled, totally unique place, piece of p1$$ to find, even when you are rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrocking, slightly more expensive than some but really worth paying for.

CC

Not too sure about that FM. One thing I do know is DO NOT USE 'EASYTOBOOK.COM'.

Sorry for shouting, but last year I booked a room with them which turned out to have been double booked. Stranded with a 1,3 and 5 year old I was anything but pleased, but I thought hey it happens and just got on with it.

On my return home though I found that the cheeky sods had still charged me for the room. Well, nearly a year on and I still haven't been refunded. Easytobook say they aren't able refund the money as they are just an agent and don't do anything with your card details but pass them on to the hotel. I've sent them e-mails from me to the hotel and they have said on numerous occasions they would seek an explanation from the hotel for me but I'm just being fobbed off by them as well.

So, please do not use EASYTOBOOK.COM.

Cheers

BL

Fuck that's who I've booked with, did they take your money or just a deposit? i thought you just paid the hotel in cah when you got there? that's how it usually works. they better not fuck around. what hotel did you book?

Edited by RED-EYE-GEEZA

I have twice (and just booked a third time for Dec 14th for Greenhouse Effect) used www.booking.com a really useful site, they just take credit card details to secure room and you pay how you like direct to hotel and you can cancel up to two days before. Never had a problem with them and you can really check out your hotel and have guest reviews !!