The Amsterdam Hotel Review Thread!

StonedBrittania

just got back from staying in the greenhouse effect, what a lovely place ,

lovely people, cool rooms, good breakfast options, and having spliff with breaky is always good :spliff:

great location, loads of smokes within 100 mtrs , red lights just around the corner, smoke as much as you want in your rooms, discount for smokes and drinks at the coffeshop

we WILL be going back.

only downsides ,

the stairs to the room can be a challange if your really really really mashed

the bed was a bit old and lumpy, and errrrrrrrrr ummmmmm thats it B)

9.5 out of 10 :) B)

just got back from staying in the greenhouse effect, what a lovely place ,

lovely people, cool rooms, good breakfast options, and having spliff with breaky is always good :yinyang:

great location, loads of smokes within 100 mtrs , red lights just around the corner, smoke as much as you want in your rooms, discount for smokes and drinks at the coffeshop

we WILL be going back.

only downsides ,

the stairs to the room can be a challange if your really really really mashed

the bed was a bit old and lumpy, and errrrrrrrrr ummmmmm thats it B)

9.5 out of 10 :) B)

alright mate

where did you book to stay there,

as i want to go at the start of march and it seems that the greenhouse effect is the place to go.

did you book via the website or somewhere else?

cheers bud...

my girlfriend did it on loving amsterdam . com or .co.uk

hope that helps mate :smoke:

cheers bud, canne wait to get out there!!! im going for just a hash trip this time around, any good cafe's that sell some good quality hashish??

cheers again

• 2 months later...

Best place I've been and have beent to ever since whenever i visit amsterdam(n) is bed & coffee. Its a small place with 4 rooms and shared bathrooms/showers, and a front room with a pc with free internet access, and free tea/coffee :( Its very clean and has a vey friendly chilled out vibe. The bathrooms are exceptionally clean too, cleaner than my home bathroom :D

The bedrooms are great an look quite funky, disco balls, multicoloured spots and UV that you can mess around with. I thought it was a nice touch lol

Last time i stayed there was september 2006, and had a room with a double bed and cost 192 euros for four nights, ie 96euro pp = 24euro ppn = £16.35 per night per person, quite acceptable lol I think the prices change depending on dates and number of people, so you may get a higher or lower price, but if you email you can find out specifics.

Its not very central sort of to the south, but no more than a 15 minute walk, and tram lines really close by. I didnt find location a problem and i would rather stay there than too centrally myself, quieter, less touristy, and as an added bonus the amazing greenhouse tolstraat cafe is just round the corner and so is katsu. Greenhouse tolstraat is by far my favourite coffeeshop, nice comfy couches, is really nicely done up inside, is usually less busy, serves beer and most importantly amazing bud. I recommend their super silver haze, ny diesel and arjans haze lol

the site is http://www.bedcoffee.nl/

I like Durty Nellys on Waermostraat, £15 a night in the biggest dorm, free decent brekkie and its also a pretty good Irish pub! 24 hour bar for residents too.

I'll be there next week actually, the location cant be beat - 2 minutes from dam square.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I been going back n forth to the dam since 89,

stayed in many a shit hole.

We always book an apartment or house boat these days, Ive never payed more than 55 euros per night

for any house boat or apartment. And for us its the only way to go now.

The hosts are always very friendly and even stock the fridge with beers too.

Cant go wrong.

Ill be going to the dam on Monday and I'll give a review of the boat we booked when I get back on thurs.

Edited by Botanica
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djmartinh

All I can say is...

THE FLYING PIG

UPTOWN OR DOWNTOWN

BOTH ARE CLOSE TO QUALITY COFFEESHOPS AND PLACES TO EAT

UPTOWN IS IN THE CLUBBING AREA AND IS NOT AS BIG AS THE DOWNTOWN WHICH IS SITUATED 500 YARDS FROM CENTRAL STATION

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS

MARTIN

P.S. They are great value for money :-)

I wouldn't go anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi fellow tokers,

Quite often threads pop up requesting information on Hotels and places to stay in Amsterdam, thought it would be easier for all to just create one thread which can be updated everybody over a period of time,

My 1st review is for the Centrum Hotel

Address - WARMOESSTRAAT 15 - 1012 HT AMSTERDAM - THE NETHERLANDS

(opposite Hunters Coffeeshop and Hill Street Blues – 5minute walk from Central Station)

Contact Details - TEL: + 31 20 624 35 35 - FAX: + 31 20 420 16 66

Prices – Single room 45Euros per night (pretty sure all singles have shared bathroom)

Double from 60-80 Euros per room per night.

Triple 80Euro (all shared bathrooms)

2 Bunk Bed standard (shared Bathroom) 115Euro per room per night.

I stayed at the centrum for 2 nights in June this year, was very happy with the place. Room was pretty small but clean and tidy with a nice sized bathroom, managed to talk the owner down to 75euro per night, she was originally asking for 90. The only problem with the room was we were on the 5th floor and no lift, and those stairs in dam are not designed for stoned tourists, beware!

1 negative is they knew nothing of my booking when I arrived, seems the guy that took the message didn't put it in the book, luckily there was a spare room this time.

The Centrum also has a nice comfortable bar downstairs that supposidly has the cheapest beer prices in dam, its also smoker friendly.

The hotel also has no curfew although I was a little concerned to find when i returned on sunday night at about 1am they were actually closing the bar so if I had been 30 minutes later I probably wouldn't of been able to get it.

Overall I would defiainly recommend the Centrum, it certainly ain't the Ritz but is defiaintly good value for money.

P.S Mods - Could we pin this thread please.

EDIT: I stayed here again in September due to the Greenhouse Effect being full, this time it wasn't such an enjoyable visit. We stayed a Thurs and Friday night, i think we paid 70euro for a twin room for Thurs and 90euros for Friday.

Room was small but comfortable enough, I was a bit disappointed to find you couldn't close the window, especially when I realised the hotel was having work done on its roof, which happened to be right outside my window. So for both morning we were awoke at 7am by 10-20 workmen using power tools no futher than 20 foot from my window. Luckily I was stonned enough to get some sleep!

SB

hahahhahaahaha ill beware of 5ifth flor stairs and 7am workers that suxs planing ti visit˝DAM˝ by the end of this year if not busted till then,hope not,enyway tnx for recomended places to stay see ya. H

dont book into the hotel damrak obviously on the damrak. stayed for 3 nights last week no hot water 1st day, no leccy in the morn on the last then the cheeky bastards wouldnt let us leave our bags as we were leaving at 10. left him with a few expletives then went to bushdocter for some ak47 bubble. managed to get back 12g of diff iceshashes :wink:

dont book into the hotel damrak obviously on the damrak. stayed for 3 nights last week no hot water 1st day, no leccy in the morn on the last then the cheeky bastards wouldnt let us leave our bags as we were leaving at 10. left him with a few expletives then went to bushdocter for some ak47 bubble. managed to get back 12g of diff iceshashes :guitar:

I second that - stayed their a few years back - it sucks. Almost as bad as the Hotel Neutraal a few doors up dam rak, and that place really sucked - £20 a night at the time but it wasnt even worth half that, I'd rather have slept in one of the open-air pissers they have scattered throughout the dam.

lol

Edited by doobie

The bulldog gets a lot of bad press on here and rightfully so. Thier coffeeshops are shite. But thier hotel i'd recomend very highly. Smack bang in the middle of the red lights (i love the sleazy atmos round there!), good value with clean rooms, friendly staff, 24 hour smoking lounge with bar, pool table, fusball, vending machines, big comfy couches and even a DVD player if thats your thing. Great location too, pretty much five minutes from everywhere.

Peace Love & Unity

JD

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried very hard to look but having no success finding a hotel on/next to Haarlemmerstraat.

Anyone know a site that could help?