The Amsterdam Hotel Review Thread!

StonedBrittania

Just back last night from 3 days in the dam, was as good as usual :headpain:. Got some terminator from BASJOES. yummy

Stayed in the FARAH GUESTHOUSE, not the best but was very cheap. more a private hostel, very good location tho.

MD

The last few times i went i stayed at 'The Old Quarter' on the same street as HUNTERS coffeeshop,well next door....

clean and simple and in the center, it's also relatively cheap ,which is great,breakfast included too!

You can also smoke in the rooms ,unofficially,but not in the bar area downstairs.

Off this week to this very hotel.

I did stay in a 4 star with the extra expense a few years ago , but it really wasnt worth it at all.... I would have rather spent the money on weed n hash and nice food

toki

We stayed here back in march and if you just want cheap and cheerful, I'd highly recommend it and as Toki said, you can smoke in the rooms, infact we asked at reception when we checked in and they said no problem, there was even an ash tray in the room. The room itself was a loft room, small with a shared toilet/shower(although during our 3 nights we never saw another guest) but clean with a TV and bay windows over looking the canal/damrak, deffo a place to consider if your on a budget

Me and the gf stayed at the Park Hotel near Leidseplein the last two years and it's excellent. Will stay there again next time if possible. Great views from the rooms (we had a canal view and a good skyline view). Staff are very nice and always willing to help.

I will say, it can be quite expensive, but if you're after something a bit moer than the usual cheap and cheerful dam experience then it's definitely worth a stay :stoned:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

i stayed in tourist inn.

perfect for what we wanted.

location is amazing too. about 20 seconds from any day coffeeshop. 5 mins from central station

• 6 months later...

Hi fellow tokers,

Quite often threads pop up requesting information on Hotels and places to stay in Amsterdam, thought it would be easier for all to just create one thread which can be updated everybody over a period of time,

My 1st review is for the Centrum Hotel

Address - WARMOESSTRAAT 15 - 1012 HT AMSTERDAM - THE NETHERLANDS

(opposite Hunters Coffeeshop and Hill Street Blues – 5minute walk from Central Station)

Contact Details - TEL: + 31 20 624 35 35 - FAX: + 31 20 420 16 66

Prices – Single room 45Euros per night (pretty sure all singles have shared bathroom)

Double from 60-80 Euros per room per night.

Triple 80Euro (all shared bathrooms)

2 Bunk Bed standard (shared Bathroom) 115Euro per room per night.

I stayed at the centrum for 2 nights in June this year, was very happy with the place. Room was pretty small but clean and tidy with a nice sized bathroom, managed to talk the owner down to 75euro per night, she was originally asking for 90. The only problem with the room was we were on the 5th floor and no lift, and those stairs in dam are not designed for stoned tourists, beware!

1 negative is they knew nothing of my booking when I arrived, seems the guy that took the message didn't put it in the book, luckily there was a spare room this time.

The Centrum also has a nice comfortable bar downstairs that supposidly has the cheapest beer prices in dam, its also smoker friendly.

The hotel also has no curfew although I was a little concerned to find when i returned on sunday night at about 1am they were actually closing the bar so if I had been 30 minutes later I probably wouldn't of been able to get it.

Overall I would defiainly recommend the Centrum, it certainly ain't the Ritz but is defiaintly good value for money.

P.S Mods - Could we pin this thread please.

EDIT: I stayed here again in September due to the Greenhouse Effect being full, this time it wasn't such an enjoyable visit. We stayed a Thurs and Friday night, i think we paid 70euro for a twin room for Thurs and 90euros for Friday.

Room was small but comfortable enough, I was a bit disappointed to find you couldn't close the window, especially when I realised the hotel was having work done on its roof, which happened to be right outside my window. So for both morning we were awoke at 7am by 10-20 workmen using power tools no futher than 20 foot from my window. Luckily I was stonned enough to get some sleep!

SB

the luxer on warmoesstraat room 401, check it out

• 6 months later...

Hello All

I thought i would give you all a few hotel reviews from my trips to Amsterdam....

Well I have been about 8 times now.. The first time i stopped in the Golden Tulip In Zanndam (not Amsterdam, so ill keep it short) It was ten mins away on the train... very posh hotel but not really a smokers hotel... so wouldnt stop there again.. but good if you want to be just outside Amsterdam and really easy to get to.

The second one is the Hotel Luxer Warmoestraat 11, 1012 HT Amsterdam, Netherlands. This hotel has gone up in price quite a lot. Nice hotel really friendly staff but you can get the same for cheaper else where. You are on the edge of the red light.

I have stopped at a few other hotels that arent really worth talking about.

The best one i have stopped at is travel hotel. Beurstraat, 1012 JV Amsterdam, Netherlands. Ok the downside: It has no lift and if your on the 5th floor its a killer but thats it. Its about £50 a night for a double room... but i would suggest the twin room... the twin rooms were the best rooms i stopped in. Its right next to the red light, 2 mins away from central station, 2 mins away from dam square, ok ish coffee shop next door although i cant remember the name as its nearly always closed! you can get rooms that sleep up to 14 people i think, but for a quad room (so two double beds) its still only £50!! (you could may be use it for a bit of wife swapping lol! If thats what tickles your fancy!!) but i was just trying to show you the price! its cheap so quite a good hotel.. There is a bar downstairs as well!

Well thats a couple of reviews for you! I'm going back in the next couple of weeks but couldnt get in at the travel hotel as was fully booked, so im stopping on the damrak this time! so if its any good ill let you know! As it was really cheap!!

:smokin:

• 2 months later...

stayed on the Botel last month, moored on the Het IJ behind centraal station, free ferry every 15 mins, nice place , cool staff, and every corridor smells of skunk so smoking in rooms is tolerated, room includes buffet breakfast

Review - Amstel Botel

3 star hotel:

I have to say some ups and down on this one.

Smoking is not permited anywhere on the botel which isnt that great If there is high speed freezeing rain outside. The Botel is situated right next to one of the ferry's from the back of Central Station. This is quite nice as you can see the ferry coming from your room or the bar.

The rooms themselfs are abit of a joke if you consider its a 3 star hotel but they are clean... Thats about all I can say. The barman was very nice great bloke, helped us out in anyway he could and is an asset for the botel.

Surrounding area is not great to say the least. There is a nice restuaraunt between the ferry and botel but apart from that you wouldnt really want to stray to far. It was nice to have a palce away from all the madness in the centrum because I have previously stayed in the Bulldog which was great but if you are there for more than 2 nights you can want a place to go which is a little bit quiter after a 12 hour tokeing session :skin_up:

Other parts to mention, Ferry's can be a pain in the arse deping on time and day of the week. Have to say the botel does always make sure you can get back whenever the time but it can take a while.

ALSO THEY DONT TAKE CARD AND THERE IS NO CASH POINT ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE RIVER THAT I COULD FIND. Tip dont go back to the botel with out some cash...

My rateing 5/10.. Good effort but poor quality..

Peace Sparkles

post-8950-0-47660200-1327940122_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Review - Amstel Botel

3 star hotel:

I have to say some ups and down on this one.

Smoking is not permited anywhere on the botel which isnt that great If there is high speed freezeing rain outside. The Botel is situated right next to one of the ferry's from the back of Central Station. This is quite nice as you can see the ferry coming from your room or the bar.

The rooms themselfs are abit of a joke if you consider its a 3 star hotel but they are clean... Thats about all I can say. The barman was very nice great bloke, helped us out in anyway he could and is an asset for the botel.

Surrounding area is not great to say the least. There is a nice restuaraunt between the ferry and botel but apart from that you wouldnt really want to stray to far. It was nice to have a palce away from all the madness in the centrum because I have previously stayed in the Bulldog which was great but if you are there for more than 2 nights you can want a place to go which is a little bit quiter after a 12 hour tokeing session :skin_up:

Other parts to mention, Ferry's can be a pain in the arse deping on time and day of the week. Have to say the botel does always make sure you can get back whenever the time but it can take a while.

ALSO THEY DONT TAKE CARD AND THERE IS NO CASH POINT ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE RIVER THAT I COULD FIND. Tip dont go back to the botel with out some cash...

My rateing 5/10.. Good effort but poor quality..

Peace Sparkles

id ahve to agree with the above,sounded fab but found it well below par !!

• 3 months later...
Guest Seedysmoker12

cats id go for the skysports bar,24/7 bar for residents,clean but basic,tokin in yer rooms ok,great grub,and a friendly allround pub,pluss its in the red light district,easy to crawl home after a day/night out on the wacci bacci.......peace! ps you get your on bog & shower too lol

What is the hotel ur talking about called? how much per night and how far away from the centre of dam is it? thanks

If your going with 4+ people I would have a look into getting an apartment.Did this with a few mates last time and worked out cheaper than any hotel I've stayed at before.When we got there the place was HUGE! They also said you can smoke,well they said cig's but its all the same :smoke: wish I could remember the name of the place now :headpain:

cats id go for the skysports bar,24/7 bar for residents,clean but basic,tokin in yer rooms ok,great grub,and a friendly allround pub,pluss its in the red light district,easy to crawl home after a day/night out on the wacci bacci.......peace! ps you get your on bog & shower too lol

What is the hotel ur talking about called? how much per night and how far away from the centre of dam is it? thanks

the posts from 2004 mate :wassnnme: