The Amsterdam Hotel Review Thread!

StonedBrittania

Guest nu jerzey devil

Excellant! So it is going to cost me an arm and a leg after all. Its good to know they have booking offices and such cheers.

I worked in Zandvoort 10 year ago, but the company I worked for sorted the travel arrangements. which was good at the time, but doesnt really help me now.

I am going to buy a vapouriser over there do you think they would mind me blasting that thing up in the rooms?

Driptray I will have taht on my list of hotels to look at?

Owderb, where do you get to rent appartments from?

Edited by nu jerzey devil

MartinLake is gunna love those bedcovers.

E2A - Look up Yamsterdam apartments I stayed pretty nice, balconys to smoke out of, not too far from Grey Area can't remember price but all over there is fecked since the pound landed on it's arse.

TBS

Edited by The Black Sheep

Guest nu jerzey devil

E2A - Look up Yamsterdam apartments I stayed pretty nice, balconys to smoke out of, not too far from Grey Area can't remember price but all over there is fecked since the pound landed on it's arse.

TBS

I am not familiar with currancies, not been abroad since I went to work in Zandvoort lol any chance of you explaining lol

Guest weedmonsta

hotel ben website has live chat so you can book a room from your pc lol

they will also give you advice, very polite too lol

Edited by weedmonsta

why amsterdam....better off going somewhere less touristy, harlems supposed to be good or den haag or whatever

Guest nu jerzey devil
why amsterdam....better off going somewhere less touristy, harlems supposed to be good or den haag or whatever

Been to harleem. loads years ago. so I done that already. I want to goto sensi's seed bank and DNA's seed bank also, I want to try there strains before I buy. I would find myself staying in Harleem and getting the train into the dam. so why not just stay in the dam :yinyang:

Edited by nu jerzey devil

hi there, been out to the Dam a few times. Unfortunately I can't remember street names but the names are all right so popping them into google will sort ye out.

The Globe Sports bar. 25 euro a night, 23hr bar. smoking downstairs with pool tables,music and beer.

one street from Red lights, 3mins from centraal.

loads of awesome coffee shops within 5 mins

gets lots of young spanish/italian/french travelers-chilled sociable people any time I've stayed

The Crown - right beside the Globe (above hotel). 30 euro p/n

doors locked at 1am, but theres always someone in the bar to let you in later.

alot smaller than the globe, lots of locals in the bar in afternoons.

theres pool tables in the bar. there were cats there too when I last stayed

Whitte Tulip - crazy 70ft of Amsterdamian stairs to the 1st floor, sometimes crazy when blazed!!

25-30 p/n depending on weekends or not.

24hr door, comunal, but very nice bathroom, 4-5 showers shinks and toilets in a big clean space.

2 mins from central. opposite BaBa coffeeshop. 4 mins from red lights.7 from Damrak Sq.

no place to chill, only in your rooms.

Gaasperplass Camping - 25mins on metro (gaasperplaas line so u cant get lost) to site. 3 euro per night.

good showers, brilliant little on site supermarket. theres a cafe too.

very good and very cheap, metro tickets are cheap to 10 euro for a 3day unlimited ticket.

going to gaasperplaas in 2 weeks, should be awesome again, would definitely reccomend to anyone who like a night under the canvas.

hope this gives some people some ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Staying in the moevenpick hotel by centraal station on the 15th for my first ever 'dam trip. any info about this hotel?nearest supermarket for cheap booze? :stoned:

TBS

I stayed there last year, worked out pretty cheap if i recall correctly as there were 3 of us there it could have been cheaper still i suppose as there were 4 beds. Once we got the boiler working it was spot on. Buy a load of beer and take it back and save a fortune on piddly little looza juices in the coffeeshops, with the added benefit of getting pissed of course and not having to make your way back to a hotel.

Staying in the moevenpick hotel by centraal station on the 15th for my first ever 'dam trip. any info about this hotel?nearest supermarket for cheap booze? :notworthy:

Nice hotel :yep: me and the misses had a suite there for her Birthday a couple of years ago...

Enjoi

Mrm :v:

• 3 months later...

me and about 6 of my mates are probably going to be staying in the flying pig uptown around 27th of aug.

anyone stayed there?

what do you think of it ?

is it easy to get to the 'best' coffee shops?

a quick check on google shows its 2.2km from grey area, which isn't too bad.

i hope we actually go. cannot wait :wassnnme:

Edited by RonJon

I stayed at the greenhouse effect hotel it has a cs n bar to it where you get a small discount on bud n happy hour drink prices all day.

The rooms were clean n tidy had a mini bar and are theamed we stayed in mary jayne room was overlooking wormerstat but didnt have any problems getting to sleep has a pc with internet connection to use in the bar too.

The cs had a reasonable collection n cheese was ok. Their Amnesia Haze n cakes seemed very popular i didnt get any Amnesia Haze but out of interest had smell on last day n was gutted never got any.

Will deffo be back here for rooms a bit pricy but worth it imo their website has pictures of all their rooms n apartments well wort a look

EDIT - They were ok about smoking in room and dont abide to 3 day rule shown on website

Edited by xXEXCALABERXx

• 4 weeks later...

I've been to the Dam too many times to count. About half of the visits I've used Hotel Avenue (or Avenue Hotel). Make of that what you will.

It's well priced for it's quality (struggle to find anything better that's cheaper). It's a great location. I use it again and again.

Close to the station. Close enough to the Flower Market for breakfast. Close enough to every single coffeeshop I'd want to visit.

Has PPV in the room too, as well as own bathroom. About all you need.

The last few times i went i stayed at 'The Old Quarter' on the same street as HUNTERS coffeeshop,well next door....

clean and simple and in the center, it's also relatively cheap ,which is great,breakfast included too!

You can also smoke in the rooms ,unofficially,but not in the bar area downstairs.

Off this week to this very hotel.

I did stay in a 4 star with the extra expense a few years ago , but it really wasnt worth it at all.... I would have rather spent the money on weed n hash and nice food

toki