The Amsterdam Hotel Review Thread!

StonedBrittania

Jeez SB - I was reading your earlier post and thought, christ that's very similar to what I wrote over on UKC, NO THAT IS WHAT I WROTE.

Least you didn't claim the credit :)

I can throughouly recommend those guys at atcb.

Tel number - +31 (0)20 551 2548

The Albus Grand is an excellent hotel - sorry I don't have the details, but it is just off Muntplein and very close to Rokerij II.

Another that I can highly recommend - The Teminus, Beursstraat 11-19, 1012 JT Amsterdam

Tel - +31 (0) 20 622 0563 or 623 3025

Smack bang next to the Grasshopper (though there are much better places to smoke) and the street that its on runs parallel to Warmoestraat where there are any number of good CS's

Good luck chaps.....

Me and two of my mates are going to Amsterdam in about four weeks. Im wanting to know what would be the best hotel for us to stay. It would have to have to be hear the coffee shops, hookers,bars and clubs.The hotel would have to be clean and the staff would`nt have a problem with tokking in the rooms and bringing birds back (if am lucky lol ).Also sat/cable t.v for when am tuned to the moon!.

You need 'THE TEMINUS' Gazza,

Right on the edge of the red lights, loads of good CS's closeby.

Great rooms, hassle free.

• 2 months later...
Guest south east toker
:stoned: avoid the la-cana,just up from the flying pig on the other side,they got a little head shop,and fancy coffee shop(thats ok)pluss rooms,the place is a total shithole with mice that square up to you when you bring munchies home,also they want your passport till you leave :(

Guest south east toker

cats id go for the skysports bar,24/7 bar for residents,clean but basic,tokin in yer rooms ok,great grub,and a friendly allround pub,pluss its in the red light district,easy to crawl home after a day/night out on the wacci bacci.......peace! ps you get your on bog & shower too lol

The skysports bar is excellent in my opinion, i have never stayed there didnt realise you could? but the grub is nice and you get a mean fryup there!

what more do ya want.

i normally stay at the hotel Amsterdam, its on the corner of dam square next to the palace, its restaraunt is called the de roode leeuw, 5 mins walk from central station, 3 mins walk from red light, the other side of the road from the grasshopper, and the same side of the road as teasers,

if you aint been to teasers at christmas and had a body shot you aint lived!

anyway it has nice rooms on-suit`s 24/7 security with key card entry sys,

good selection on tv, & a mini bar.

if you book direct is not cheap, but if you go through air miles, you can get it cheap.

pictures of rooms here: http://www.hotel-bookings.nl/deroodeleeuw-ned.html

description here: http://www.bookings.nl/hotel/nl/amsterdam....kout=2004-07-21

this place is excellent! i have stayed here 4 times now.

post-23-1090313981.gif

Edited by hydro-man

Guest south east toker

mmmmmmmm teasers :guitar: never really went in(mrs was with me)but often bought chips just to the left of teasers,and always managed to get a nice seat outside lol

i have stayed at the winston and a place called the melting pot with mates. both were nice for what they were. the melting pot you wont find anywhere listed on the net and is quite a find. it is basically a restaurant with 5/6 rooms above. all the rooms are decorated impecably in different decors. ie. cosmopolitan, scandinavian, historic, etc. i paid about 50 quid a night for a double. i have stayed at other places but i do not remember their names.

this time i got a very nice deal at the crowne plazza in dam square. 6 nights standard double for 450 quid. works out at £37.50 per person per night.

since i have done all the usual things in amsterdam -- coffe shops, museums, beach, cannals etc i think it will be nice to just hang out.

one thing i have found is that if you see a restaurasnt ect and on the window or near the side of the building it has the letter 'H' somewhere it means it is also a hostel/hotel. so go in and ask if they have space or how much they cost. that way you may find a nice little jem for your return visit.

cheers cant wait to go only a few weeks to go

me and me mate are going for a day trip to the dam in sept, just for the crack, travel by plane £30 round trip, no hotel, just get hammerd and come back in the same day. gonna take some pics and txt them to me other mates while they are at work, just to wind them up :spliff:

its a bit of a stealth mission should be fun!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed at the Luxer (http://www.amsterdam.info/hotels/hotel_luxer_amsterdam/). Nothing amazing, but clean and welcoming. Right in the middle of the red light district (a bit too much so for me, but this may be a bonus to some!!??)

Also stayed at the Nadia (http://www.hotel-bookings.nl/nadia.html). Nice little hotel. Small rooms, but very friendly staff.

Going again in November and will be staying at the NH City Centre (http://www.hotel-bookings.nl/tulipinnamsterdam.html). Will report back with my findings ;)

Edited by chez
  • Like 1

If thats the tulip inn next to dam sq, i hope you ain't paying full price.

Last time i went i got it discounted (payed about half price) well worth it IMO. Although i would have been annoye to pay full price for it. The lobby looks quite posh, but the room are nowt special. Excellent location though.

The albus grand is nice...i think coz it was renovated only a few years ago. Used to be called Campiogne i think. It's on the Vijzelstraat i think.

For a cheapy hotel the Rokin was ok, even had a free safe (didin't even have to leave a deposit).

The Westropa is one to give a miss... they got signs up saying no marijuana to be smoked on the premises. ;) Miserable shiites

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone.

I am heading to Amsterdam in Feb with a mate. We were thinking off staying in the Heart of Amsterdam Hostel. Now being a lady (little britain stylee) will it be suitable for me? I want to experience all there is in Amsterdam and I'm not easily offened!

What are the rooms like, are they relatively clean? Can you smoke in the rooms? Is it value for money? (small budget)

*ryE