The Amsterdam Hotel Review Thread!

StonedBrittania

Bloody computer geeks nicking all the hotel rooms :D

they wont be the coffeeshops as they can't claim it on expenses tho ;)

may have to put my trip off as there seems to be only 1* hotels left and my friend has "Hygene needs" :P

SB

Groenhoff in Vondel park was clean and tidy with a blind eye to a few J's before turning in. 3 nights stag party Jan 2006. Not my first choice as it's a fair job getting back from town when wrecked but fine for a long weekend with wife when there is no mad rush to get mashed. Bit too far from Grasshoppers which is still my favourite.

Hotel Keizergracht - on Keizergracht, just hope my spellings behaving

Nowt special, never tried the breakfast, but clean rooms, working bathroom bits and a nice canal view if you ask for it. Didn't complain once about us smoking it up something rotten after a day's tramping about had made our feet sore.

• Like 1

Guest elvis loved burgers

Avoid the ibis in Stationsplein its the first hotel in the whole of Holland to go NO SMOKING!!!

Only found this site in the week, checking the posts, have been to Dam 4 times in last 2 years and stayed in different hotels each time, three of which i would recommend on the basis of comfort, price and acessibility to everywhere. Hotel Luxor (2 mins from CS in RLD), The Delta (on the Damrak 5 mins from CS) and La Boheme on Marnixstraat 2 mins from Leidesplein. Always book thru hotels.nl - they dont screw up and u dont pay til you get there, and they offer discounts upto 60% which gives u more spending money when you are there - bonus!! All the afore mentioned hotels offer ensuite and breakfast included in the price, each were no more than £40 for double room per night! They were all smoking hotels, with comfy rooms and plentiful buffet breakfasts.

The hotel i was not so impressed with was Vijaya (RLD) on canal, very noisy, tiny rooms in which you wuld brain a cat if you swang it, and ensuit bathrooms which weren't - they were down the hallway, also very steep stairs and no lifts - not good when you are incapabe of coordinated movement. :smoke:.

Apologise if ave repeated info posted by others but did not read all previous posts on this thread -bad girl!!!!

Feel free to PM for further details

Edited by Jozie

just got back from adam this morning and we paid 260 euros for 2 nights in wot i can only describe a room you wouldnt let your dog sleep in but the beds were clean that was the savin grace the hotle is the alfa its opposite central station and over looks the flying dutch man and is on the same street as the pooldog which had the most mellow jack horrar ive ever had and alot better flavor and effect than the trainwreak we paid 62.50 for 1.6 grms for did so dont be tempted its shit jack meadley jamaican skunk harsh smoke but fucks you so does the skuff skunk

Guest friendly electrician

that camping island is rough. at night, some woodlouse, with rather humped backs, patrol the loo's as there drawn to the light. one of my mates took a spade to one and didn't crack it. there like 4" long. errrrrr! :toot:

my mates head to travel hotel on beursstraat. thats very cheap, but shared bathrooms and itchy grey blankets. furniture unfit for oxfam. just along the row is hotel terminus. got a great room in there, with balcony onto warmoestraat.

to get to beursstraat, you head down the damrac from the station. left towards grasshopper, than at grasshopper turn right, thats the street. our room became everyones meeting point. loads of space. dead clean. onsuite. all in pine with a nice round table and pine framed modern pictures on the walls. bang up to date. nt cheap, but worth it . breakfast was in with the price, but i was never up, so my mates wondered in and helped themselfs :yep: it was a big buffet job, eat all you wanted

dont book into a hotel visit citymundo.com and check out their apartment and boats for rent, the minimum stay is 3 nights but you get your own place and you can come and go and please yourself.

check it out man its worth it B)

look no futher than the Greenhouse Effect :D

stayed in both the Market Square appartment and one of the rooms, no the cheapest place at around £30-40 per person per night, but very smoker friendly (munchies in the mini bar :yahoo:) and in a great location on the warmenstraat :smug:

the Market apartment is about 5 mins walk away just round the corner from the Bluebird, def worth looking into :smoke:

SB

A few of us got the Greenhouse Effect "Downtown" apartment for £23 per person per night within the next week or so, saved a lot going through www.lovingamsterdam.com.

Can highly recommend them as a booking agency. ;)

Edited by binary

A few of us got the Greenhouse Effect "Downtown" apartment for £23 per person per night within the next week or so, saved a lot going through www.lovingamsterdam.com.

Can highly recommend them as a booking agency. ;)

never heard of them before but i will certainly be looking into it, cheers

• 2 months later...

check out the hoel brian on singel if you dont care where your staying coz your neva gonna be there, for the price of a two person room (20 euros a night off season weekdays, 27.50 on weekends all year and on season in the week) you will be sleeping in a room the size of a toilet with two beds in (one attached to the wall)!

Look out for the owner of the place (brian) he is an english bloke who came to amsterdam and neva left, anyone who has met him will surely know what i mean when i say he is VERY monty python, also remember dont ask the drinks machine for fanta, instead of nazi coke it spits out beer!

Hi im off to the dam on the 22nd of feb and the m8 who im going with would like us to stay here http://www.prinsenboat.com/en/index.php,

It some kind of boat house i think, but it runs at sumit like 170 euros a night but poss deal in low season,

My m8 said it bloody great and says u could not want anything else???

Im not to sure as i only want to get my head down so im not to bothered about what a place looks like, As long as its clean and tidy im happy,

Has anyone else ever stopped in this type of acomadation?? if so what did u think to it??

thanks inadvance for any response,

:headpain:

RHO Hotel-on the corner of Dam Square behind the pointy column thing-on the street that leads to NES cafe-it's a proper hotel but the staff have seen it all so you can pretty much do anything you want.

Slump to the floor in the corridor and need to rest there for a few hours? No problem -the cleaners will be sympathetic and help you back to your room-etc etc

bout £30 if you share with friends-£60ish for a single or double and you can wander in any day of the year and they WILL have rooms

yo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...