The Amsterdam Hotel Review Thread!

StonedBrittania

• 1 month later...

ive stayed at hotel nova amsterdam a couple of times its situated on nieuwzidjsvoorburgal excuse the spelling,literally seconds from central (Dam) square.It is very clean,u can hire safes for a 20 euro refundable deposit,there is always someone on the front desk so security is good and the location is great not far from red light district and dam square. Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Stayed at the Bilderberg Jan Luyken in February and it was really nice. Staff were very helpful. Rooms were a fair size and the ensuite bathroom was brilliant. Also had a lift which was a nice touch in Amsterdam. Beats lugging your suitcase up the very steep stairs. Love the area around vondelpark. Close enough to everything but far enough out that you aren't kept up all night by the stag do's. I'd definitely stay there again.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all, its my first time out of New zealand.. heading to uk and planned a two night stay in amsterdam in late sept 09. I'm travelling with my none smoking partner, I want to experience amstrdam but unsure on where to stay. Not anywhere shadey, smwhere where i can hv sm qlty time with my parther. any recommendations? hvnt booked ny thing yet :rofl:

• 1 month later...

Just back from a long September weekend.

Had a great 3 night stay at the Greenhouse Effect. Thanks for the recommendation guys.

Trip summary, got totally mashed. Battered the mini-bar for €20 the last night. :stoned:

Fav. smoke was the err, the, err, the house amnesia. Woke up to it every morning.

Fav. hangout was at the Prix d'Ami poolhall on Haringpakkerssteeg. Good smoke/drink, mixed crowd, and summat to do for 4 hours in the afternoons.

Was disappointed by the quality of the hashes, though I did get a nice bit of moroccan and a expensive gram of potent ice hash (though I've made better myself).

Wouldn't have survived another day...

• 1 month later...

Could someone recommend me a Hotel/Hostel to stay at?

Going with about 5 lads in June, looking for something around the £30 a night region. Close to the centre would be great and would prefer a hotel.

I stayed at the Novotel. It's actually next to the RAI building which is well out of town. About 10-15mins on tram.

From the description online it sounded like it was in the main area of the dam but it's not. From the view from the window it was a bit like Amsterdam Canary Wharf. Nice and quiet round there and walking distance to Amstelpark.

The hotel was a 4 star and it was like a business hotel. At the time it was undergoing some sort of renovation. It looked good inside, not so much outside but who looks at the oustide of a building? Nice rooms, we were on floor 10 but with express lifts that didn't matter. Awesome breakfast buffet thing in the morning. All the staff were really friendly and helpful, can't complain at all. I would stay somewhere nearer to the centre next time though. Bit of an arse getting the tram all the time.

No smoking in the hotel but we had many a joint/cigarette out the window. The window only opened a bit though.

• 1 month later...

I can recommend NOT to stay at hotel/coffeeshop Utopia. It was far from utopia, with shouty leery locals in the bar downstairs, the curtains were like spiders' webs and there was a buzzing neon sign right outside the window. Beds were adequate but threadbare and in the (shared with four other rooms) toilet, your forehead rests uncomfortably on the sink whilst you sit! Breakfast was dry eggs and filter coffee. Try not to go here. :wassnnme:

Edit: The only positive thing about it was it was practically opposite Homegrown Fantasy.

Edited by Organic Jim

• 3 months later...
Guest nu jerzey devil

Thinking of going to the Dam in may. I looked through this topic and tried to see what the prices where like for bookins for 4 nights.

The Park Hotel want 766 euro. much more than the £250 someone on here paid?

The Amarth hotell 856 euro was £450 in this topic

the Flying Pig downtown. 22 euro for a single bed in a room of 32. or 47.99 a night in a private room.

The point I am trying to make is its bloody expensive. any Ideas on how to get the price down? or who does reasonable prices.

NJD

I paid £280 for a three night stay in a lovely 2 birth apartment, I go in just under a fortnight, which is only just over £45 a night each, which i dont think is bad, I paid 106 quid for the flights(53 each) so all in under £400 for a full 3 day break, I think thats pretty good

Owd

Edited by Owderb

Guest nu jerzey devil
I paid £280 for a three night stay in a lovely 2 birth apartment, I go in just under a fortnight, which is only just over £45 a night each, which i dont think is bad, I paid 106 quid for the flights(53 each) so all in under £400 for a full 3 day break, I think thats pretty good

Owd

Thats what I am talking about Owderb, that kind of price seems prefect. flights are £110.

I am looking for somewhere Weed Smoker friendly, and is going to be around or under £100 a night

see when you get out of the train station, how easy is it to find accomodation? can you go to one of those Info places and get them to find you accomodation to suit your needs? or do you think your better booking first?

see when you get out of the train station, how easy is it to find accomodation? can you go to one of those Info places and get them to find you accomodation to suit your needs? or do you think your better booking first?

very easy tho it kinda helps if you know where you are going lol

there are a fair few tourist/hotel booking offices scattered around lol

The Hotel Ben .... Warmoestraat..

Every time i go to Amsterdam i always go back there... Its nothing special.. comfy beds.. soft pillows.. (which is all you need after a long day of smoking )and ye can smoke in the rooms .. The Staff are nice and friendly.. and for brekky youl get an English Breakfast if you ask ... cool place and it only costs 25 a night ..They have 1,2,3,4,5 bedrooms with a shower an telly in ..

Not much to look at but is somewhere to get the head down.. and quiet too !!

5 mins walk from Centraal Station and 2 minutes off Damrak...

Its on Warmoestraat.. So your beside Hill Street.. Hunters... 36..Baba..Stones..

Check it out ...

e2a.. Thats my bed on the left... Slunki's a dirty bastid :angel_not:

post-36697-1269005992_thumb.png

Edited by driptray
  • Like 1