The Amsterdam Hotel Review Thread!

StonedBrittania

Marvil boy..............£120 pppn... :!:

Anyone fancy the whole barge bit :(:blub:

Thinking of going out on the Thursday,back on the Monday :guitar:

Reefer.

If we catch you with drugs, we will throw you out and inform the law if necessary.

thanks for the tip reefer lol

i ll book somewhere else...they dont sound very friendly...

They advertise one of their rooms (on the site) with the following quote "great room for toe nail clipping" lol

i d recommend the albus hotel, 't hotel and the imperial hotel (no toking in this one though).

I think they have the best value for money. (90-150euros) depending with the time of year. They are not cheap but at least they re decend and not so far from the dam (about 10-15 mins walking).

ps

UB

Yep I love the Prince Kras too but its a high-end trip when you stay there. Top Japanese restaurant as well for munchies.

Have tried Reefers web link and I love the idea of staying on a boat for a few days!

Fox

Anyone stayed at Hotel Uptown ???

It is above Rookies Coffeeshop.

Just wondering what it is like. I have read some good reviews but you never know who they are from or how old they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi chaps,

A year ago I stayed at HEM hotel amsterdam, and it was amazing! SO cheap (in winter only, prices go sky-high in summer) and really top-class. It was a bit of a way out of town but that had it's benefits (no ben sherman gangs on the weekend) and the tram stopped right outside. Worth checking out. I'm heading back on tuesday and staying in a log cabin at camping zeeburg, so I'll let you know how that goes!

lol

Just some useful info for anyone to lazy or stoned to ring round hotels themselevs. Nicked it of someones post at UKC so included his description of their service.

Amsterdam Tourist & Conventions Board (open Mon/Wed/Fri)

tel 0031 205 512548, fax 0031 202 018850, email - groups@atcb.nl

"I have booked four big trips over the last few years (stag do's etc etc) and these guys have been brilliant.

Tell them what you want - what you can pay, location etc etc and they will send you some options for the dates.

They do charge a fee of €25 (for the whole booking NOT per person!!) but they get preferential rates for loads of hotels and in the past have got me some corking deals. I have never been able to get a better deal on accomodation from any web site, travel agent or even directly from the hotel!! - give em a go."

SB

:woot: Could have done with this last week

Done me head right in trying to find a hotel that either had rooms (alot of em were fully booked) or below 300 euro's for a 2 night stay ;)

Eventually found one, it's the China Town appartment near the bottom of the list. Am well chuffed, just recieved confirmation :(

The Green House Effect

I know some of you have stayed at there hotel so I'll let ya'll know what the appartments are like ;)

*note to self, must remember to do the review from the cup lol *

• 2 weeks later...

www.uptown.nl

The Uptown Hotel

What a nice place.

very friendly staff, Clean rooms, Tv,Safe,Telephone,Shower in all the rooms. Me & Her stayed there for 3 nights and we had a greeat stay. Brilliant location. Rookies coffeeshop is just underneath (which I think are owned by the same people)and this is the beauty of it. Smoking policy is Whatever :smoke: rooms were cleaned and beds changed every day.

Breakfast was the usual Cold Meats/Bread/Scrambled Eggs/Boiled Eggs/Fruit Juice/Coffee.

Overall I would say The place to stay.

If I can find a host site I may even be able to show you some pics of the room.

hotel de arts was a good stay in feb clean and not to expencive just arond the corner from dampking .its at the botom of rokin very good location

Ok, if you are a first timer or you want to go in the summer but can't afford hotels then check out 'Camping Zeeburg' it is about 15mins tram ride away fron Dam square on Zeeburg island they have bar resturant, bands etc, plenty of camping spaces and log cabins and smoking is allowed wherever, although it does fill up with young europeans. it cost me about £30 for 3 nights camping for me and my wife and my motor. bit of advice if you are taking your car driving in holland is fun because they are all mad as f*&k just stay out of city centres, if staying out of the city use the trams that is what they are there for!

must stress that this is a budget option if you want a bit of luxury don't do europe and bugger off to SE Asia and stay 4 or 5 * for £10-15 pn!!!

all the best

settingsun