The Amsterdam Hotel Review Thread!

StonedBrittania

Hey...

Any you guys stayed at the greenhouse recently? Was just wondering what the guys are like with you smoking in the rooms? What the breakfast is like? Things like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hem hotel

Really nice and good value if you are just after somewhere nice to sleep after a long day walking round the coffee shops. Right next to two super markets, the only downside is the 10-15 min tram ride but thats actually quite nice when your baked.

• 7 months later...

I just booked a room in the hotel vijaya for this years cannabis cup ,4 nights.I hope it better then the last hotel i stayed in.I know its small although i liked the idea of a canal view and its pretty central to the coffee shops.Last stay i was in a room with a view of the adjoining buildings brick wall and there was no heating in the room and no breakfast even though it was advertised as breakfast included.I know the hotel vijaya is pretty basic and thats fine as long as i have a bed and somewhere to have a shower and breakfast.Anyone stay in the Vijaya before?,i would like to here some views on it.I did read alot of reviews on the booking forum and all seem to be average and alot of people suggesting to take ear plugs because of the street noise at night.I think the street noise is not that loud in late November. :smokin:

Edited by NuVista

What is it with you lot ...

Bedroom does it have a clean bed to crash in after a good days smoke / drink..

Can I have a shower next morning ..

Good enough for me .. Am not there to look at room walls ... :smokin:

• Like 3

What is it with you lot ...

Bedroom does it have a clean bed to crash in after a good days smoke / drink..

Can I have a shower next morning ..

Good enough for me .. Am not there to look at room walls ... :smokin:

Yea but you dont want to be looking at a brick wall from the hotel window as your view.

A bed shower and food is all i need also..some places really do take the piss though and are over charging.A good breakfast in the morning saves cash and you can always eat as much as you want.Thats the day ahead sorted for the smoking.

Edited by NuVista

• 4 weeks later...

i stayed in the big ben hotel, which is like opposite the greenhouse , 20 seconds walk down.

its ok there, we had 4 single beds in the room it got the job done cant remember the price but its worth a look :)

didnt spend alot of time in the actual room and i was there for 3-4 days

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi all - don't know if it's been mentioned earlier....

When we go we stay at Hotel Abba. (www.hotelabba.nl)

It's on Overtoom, near Vondel Park, about 5 - 10 mins walk from Leidseplein. It's got a tram stop right outside, a supermarket underneath and a kebab shop across the road. I'm not gonna lie - it's basic! You get a bed, a bathroom and a telly. You can smoke in the rooms and the staff are ok. Improtantly it's clean and tidy. We've stayed there a number of times now and never had a problem. We like it cos it's cheap - about £25 each per night for a twin room.

N_J

• 5 months later...
ive loved old quarter, but it went up a bit in price and room H9 run if you get given this

NewPicture6 1

zeeburg camping cabins or new eco pods are great and cheap it was more like a festival feel here

last hotel was hotel nadia twin ensuite room with balcony (room 201) was best hotel so far. did a review+pics on other site (near bottom) http://coffeeshopdirect.info/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15853

also voyagers room 2. they all allow smoking of course open windows first and there not too expensive as im a cheap git

• 3 months later...

Recently stayed in the Victoria plaza,first night had a awfull room,moaned as you do,was instantly upgraded to the urban suite!...basically the renovated wing of the hotel.The Victoria

wing is old and dirty,i kid you not the carpets are like somet out of a 70's pub!!...its stank..the first night we was at the end of the corridoor,with the fans for the entire corridoor above

our room!!..In fairness i didnt even get the whole room number out of my mouth before she upgraded us the nxt day!

kind regards hd

The greenhouse experiance (not the be confused with the green house) have decent apartments for a reasonable price right in the heart of the red light district.. TV, hi-fi, cooker and fridge

• 1 month later...

Just back from another stay at the Hotel Abba that I mentioned above.

Cheap as chips. Had a tv, shower/bathroom (v small like), and a balcony looking out over the back - kinda like Hitchcocks "Rear Window" looking out over flats opposite. A parakeet divebombed me on the balcony too, which was a scary and surreal experience whilst waking and baking!! :shock:

One minor complaint, the bed felt a bit like it was lower on one corner so I felt like I could of fallen out. I was in a very deep stoned sleep most of the time so it wasn't really an issue!

Had a great time as usual, and the Abba was everything we needed. Its as basic as you like, but has a decent continental breakfast and all the usual facilities - just no frills. :v:

• 4 months later...

i stayed in the big ben hotel, which is like opposite the greenhouse , 20 seconds walk down.

its ok there, we had 4 single beds in the room it got the job done cant remember the price but its worth a look :)

didnt spend alot of time in the actual room and i was there for 3-4 days

Almost 2 years later at 2am I notice.. I ment Grasshopper not Greenhouse :clown:

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I've stayed at the Greenhouse Effect in 2014 for 1 night at €70 but got an apartment room with two beds, a sofa, en suite and kitchen and I was on my own! Was very nice, in the middle of a busy side street with lots of bars and the RLD around the corner. There were ashtrays in the room so I smoked it up with no issues.

I was staying at Hotel Torenzicht for 2 nights before that for about €40 a night, had a room with a toilet, sink but had to share the shower. Very traditional old Bread&Breakfast Amsterdam hotel, steep stairs and low budget. The shower was like a cupboard and so bad it was humourous. The hotel is right in the heart of the Red Light District though so superb location if you want to immerse yourself in the atmosphere. The breakfast is at the restaurant cafe in the basement and was pretty good, buffet style continental. Another good thing about Torenzicht was the bar, once it closed to the public, they had a 'lock in' policy so if you were a guest you could smoke weed or cigarettes in the bar after closing hours. Ignore trip advisor reviews before 2014 as they got new owners who have made it a little better.

Just got back from Dam a few weeks ago and stayed at Hotel Freeland and then Hotel La Boheme, both in the theatre district near Leidesplein (Bulldog Coffeshop and Bar is around the corner) not too far from Dam Square, Central Station. I picked these two as they were affordable and on the same street as my favourite Coffeeshop 1e Hulp.

Both very pleasant places. I dared smoke out the window at Hotel Freeland as the whole window actually opened and never had any issues. Hotel La Boheme are super strict on smoking so don't even bother or face a $200 fine.

Both cost about €120 for 3 nights each - with breakfast included - continental buffet style. Hotel Freeland cooked pancakes on request which was a nice touch!

Edited by Loki_2k10
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

If you want a home away from home and like a wee drinky or two then you can't go wrong with Banks Mansion. No, smoking in rooms is a nono but there is more to being stoned all the time in this beautiful city. It is pricey but all inclusive in the true centre of Amsterdam (nr Rembrandt Sq) and easily accessible by tram stop just up the road.

The 5pm cheeseboard is to die for :eat::D

• Like 1