• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 marley13

marley13

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

Since going coco ive been using the Plant Magic nutes and their great very rarely need to use the ph down.

Good to find a section on a forum for the PM range too

Cheers

#32 Godspeed

Godspeed

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

Don't know if plant magic is still monitoring these but I gave the coco a+b a go and here's my issues.

It takes 50% more plant magic feed to reach a given ec than it does of canna coco feed, making plant magic much less value for money.

When added to water with a 0 ec, plant magic will read 4.3 pH(way off) at 1.5 EC, and canna will read 5.6(spot on). Sure all I've got to do is add a load of pH up but it leaves non beneficial chemicals in the nutrient solution which I'd rather avoid

I'm not trying to stick my head up cannas arse, I would rather support a UK company if the product was as good. This is just constructive criticism.

to be fair mate, plant magic have specified that this nutrient is made especially for uk water, not RO water. uk tap water is much harder than european water, so the ph buffer level is low. so really this is down to you misusing the nutes

So are you saying pm coco sw range and RO water will give you problems? Not feeling adding untold amounts of ph up.

#33 _erin_

_erin_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

After 3 cycles using pm coco with a familiar clone and environment,
I feel qualified to say there are some serious issues with this nutrient.I'd go further and say they're utterly useless.

Disgusted with the after sales i got,and at myself for sucumbing to 420 hype.

Would be happy to discuss this with any growers who beg to differ.Although i'd insist they had first hand experience of this nute, and it's comparison to others-in a tried and tested grow environment.

#34 _papaduc_

_papaduc_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

I would also have to agree that, while I wouldn't go as far as to say "useless" (they will keep the plant in pretty good general health through veg) the coco nutes seriously need sorting out.

Not only are we buying 2 separate formulas which, if you look at the bottle before you buy (something I shouldn't feel I needed to do or end up feeling like an idiot in retrospect) you will see that the two formulas are identical except for a tiny amount of Phosphorus.

In other words you'd be better served buying a 5L bottle of coco bloom and using it right through the grow, than buying to separate 1L packs of veg and bloom for pretty much the same price for 2L.

I switched over to PM simply because I didn't like the luminous orange colouring of the hesi nutes. No other reason, because they were good nutes. I heard about the high quality ingredients etc and know they're a uk company, so it was a no brainer for me.

I've got to say, having used their product, and having looked at them side by side, and then having used the bloom formula in veg to confirm what I already knew, I'm disappointed and I'd very much appreciate some short and quick reply from someone to explain that at the very least this issue, and it is definitely an issue, will be looked at.

Edited by papaduc, 21 March 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#35 Frank Lopez

Frank Lopez

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hello Plant Majic Plus.

I have been using your coco formula and so far im very happy with the results.

I wanted to know if there would be any issues using this with Canna COGR coco boards?

My mind says their should be no problem but Canna say you must use their dedicated COGR feed which i am reluctant to use due to bad press with their nutes in general and also that i get on well with PM+.

Canna mention something about the buffering solution causes a compound of cal and mag attach to the coco. This bit i'm not sure of and don't have the knowledge to understand it fully but this is whats making me think their may be an issue and that might be why they say use the COGR feed. But then also, their bound to say that anyway aren't they?

Any info would help me descide on my next steps.

:D

FRANK

Edited by Frank Lopez, 19 May 2012 - 07:50 PM.

Formerly Budzilla2010

15 Ounce Killer

#36 Frank Lopez

Frank Lopez

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

Just noticed PM hasn't been on 420 for nearly 2 months. Looks like i'm pissing in the wind a tad

Formerly Budzilla2010

15 Ounce Killer

#37 coverking

coverking

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Since going coco ive been using the Plant Magic nutes and their great very rarely need to use the ph down.

Cheers

hello mate your doing well to get your water down to 5.8 without acid or such,
every nutrient i used in coco always had to come down loads as my water
is around 7.0. saying that i never used PM then, but pretty much
tried everything else.

#38 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Cheers

hello mate your doing well to get your water down to 5.8 without acid or such,
every nutrient i used in coco always had to come down loads as my water
is around 7.0. saying that i never used PM then, but pretty much
tried everything else.

coverking PM's hard water coco nutrient ph'es down and stabilises the ph, its not exact but pretty good, its not mentioned much but thats why marley has not had a problem.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#39 coverking

coverking

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

thanks 0T1 i wish i had have tried PM sooner mate!
been around the houses with nutes trial and error.
im at the end of my last coco run now and can say
im an organic man now ive only vegged so far
my plants love the PM compost and OT grow, ive yet
to use the bloom but looking forward to it lol
and thanks for making my life easy with it fairplay to ya bro

#40 _TGV_

_TGV_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

hi plant magic ,

you say .?

'"
As this has been designed for the UK water supply less ph adjustment is needed. Phosphoric acid in any means of consumption is not good, so the less adjustment the better. dose this apply to all the nutrient range..?

is there a formula for southern spain,..? the waters are very different down here, in the deep south .

:yinyang: :yinyang: :yinyang: :yinyang: :yinyang:

#41 SwiftyGreen

SwiftyGreen

The Fight to keep it Green...

• PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

I'm having major issues with the Coco SW i've jsut switched to and i'm getting Calcium Def's and poor N uptake not a happy camper.

I personally went the extra mile to get the SW variant thinking this would have a decent level of Calcium available in the mix but seem's not and I'm not willing to go and get a extra bottle of there Calmag just to fix the problem seeing as its yet one more bottle to mess about with  :russian:

You get out what You put in...Environment = Effort....Disclaimer: I'm usually Canna'd so I know not what I am saying.

"Yuh see, I personally know my heart can be hard as a stone, and yet soft as water." - Bob Marley

#42 _w33jy_

_w33jy_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

I'm having major issues with the Coco SW i've jsut switched to and i'm getting Calcium Def's and poor N uptake not a happy camper.

I personally went the extra mile to get the SW variant thinking this would have a decent level of Calcium available in the mix but seem's not and I'm not willing to go and get a extra bottle of there Calmag just to fix the problem seeing as its yet one more bottle to mess about with  :russian:

just noticed this evening on one of my fan leaves just the one plant  looks like cal def I also using soft water range so this will be interesting to see response from others I do have calmag as well but not to sure about using it as yet will sort pic out tomorrow  ;)

#43 _w33jy_

_w33jy_
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

as promised pic of my plant like I said its just the one plant @ the moment

gallery_32288_7182_119095.jpg

#44 SwiftyGreen

SwiftyGreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

Hi there,

That's not a Cal/Mag problem so Your all good fella  ;),the battle's I've had with Calcium and various Brands of Nutes is unreal and took Me ages to figure it out and would welcome a Mag def any Day of the Week over Calcium issues

I get that on My Jack47's and used to see it sometime's here and there on other Plants it's a genetic trait and is sometimes a lot more severe with bad mutations in Leaf shape.

You can see it's slightly deformed in Your pic.

Edited by Swiftygreen, 15 September 2013 - 11:22 PM.

You get out what You put in...Environment = Effort....Disclaimer: I'm usually Canna'd so I know not what I am saying.

"Yuh see, I personally know my heart can be hard as a stone, and yet soft as water." - Bob Marley

#45 SwiftyGreen

SwiftyGreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

Thinking about it I'm just starting to get on the Road to recovery after switching back to Hesi SW of which I know their HW Range gives Me the same trouble quick time but I'm guessing I'm not going to get Feedback here as they don't seem to active here currently

I may see if i get any luck contacting them direct as I have no issues with other product's they sell and would recommend them no doubt but thought with them being a UK based Company they'd be on the Money with the recipe...

I guess they had issues with their Soil range and Cal back in the Day and it's early Days on the Coco products but 5l of Grow and Bloom going to waste when cash was tight hurts man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users