Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

New2notill

no-till start up

113 posts in this topic

Hey dude @QFMAC

My fabric pot is 30ltrs filled with 47 litres of medium. 

How does that work then? It’s really confusing me as you keep mentioning it lol Surely a 30l pot will only hold 30l?? And with the worms added and the straw mulch it’s pickling my head as to how you have managed it?

Are you sure the pot isnt a 30gal one? 

Peace

lil d. :skin_up:

Any recent pics of ya plant?

3 people like this

I Know its not exactly the same as indoor container growing but  worth a look imho

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Slightly off topic but would a 35 litre ecothrive filled pot do for a 18 - 20 week grow cycle  I have mild hight issues and want to create a scrogish/mainline  trained plant vibe. 

Enjoy the sun! 

Edited by Bingboing
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, lildaveham said:

Hey dude @QFMAC

My fabric pot is 30ltrs filled with 47 litres of medium. 

How does that work then? It’s really confusing me as you keep mentioning it lol Surely a 30l pot will only hold 30l?? And with the worms added and the straw mulch it’s pickling my head as to how you have managed it?

Are you sure the pot isnt a 30gal one? 

Peace

lil d. :skin_up:

Any recent pics of ya plant?

Hi mate. I couldn't understand it either at first lol

It's definitely 30ltrs. It's because when the soil is new and dry, it is expanded. It doesn't take up 30ltrs once watered in. The bag is 42.4L. I then added the worms and another 3ltrs of medium, plus straw. 

I know it sounds wrong but I've double checked.

If you want I can try and upload some better pictures tomorrow. 

I haven't taken many from under the canopy to show the buds going from underneath to the top but these will give you an idea. 24 days from the very first sign of a pistol showing. Some of these pics are from 3 or 4 days ago.

I can't tell what date some of these pics are in my album :bangin:

large.20200520_185211_compress38.jpglarge.20200520_185206_compress73.jpglarge.20200520_185203_compress52.jpglarge.20200520_185155_compress24.jpglarge.20200520_185134_compress22.jpglarge.20200520_185141_compress18.jpglarge.20200520_185146_compress22.jpglarge.20200520_185151_compress35.jpglarge.20200517_200543_compress76.jpglarge.20200517_200538_compress85.jpglarge.20200517_200534_compress89.jpglarge.20200517_200517_compress49.jpglarge.20200517_200521_compress31.jpg

Edited by QFMAC
11 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Bingboing said:

Slightly off topic but would a 35 litre ecothrive filled pot do for a 18 - 20 week grow cycle  I have mild hight issues and want to create a scrogish/mainline  trained plant vibe. 

Enjoy the sun! 

Do you mean a 35ltr pot or 35ltrs medium?

I think that you may need to add some amendments in the later stages if you're going 20 weeks?

I use Indoor Organics Notill Amendment kit and Malted Barley & Biosys.

I've only once added 2 tablespoons on one occasion of the Notill amendment kit and I very much doubt I needed to do it at all, but I'm trying to play it safe as it's a dry amendment and needs time to be watered in.

I was in veg for 8 weeks from seed then just started week 4 of flower and no signs of any deficiency at all. 

Edited by QFMAC
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 Bags of super soil from Indoor Organics didnt fill my 76 litre pot.

Id say 30 litres a bag once bedded in after a few waterings.I topped it up with  about 15 litres of SF60 from Soil Fixer mixed with a load of pumice, more biochar.Still with room for leaf litter.After 2 years of top dressing mulching etc.Its now on the verge of over flowing with worm casting.

I mixed up 60 litres the other day for a 60 litre pot and theres plenty of room for the mulch after a couple of waterings.

Edited by icki
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Bingboing said:

Enjoy the sun! 

If it was an auto I would lean towards yes but knowing that it’s not I would say it Depends on how big the area your planning on filling with ScrOG. I would say you would definitely need to feed biopsy’s every few weeks and maybe a top dress of the amendment around mid flower. Like I say it plays on variables such as the area you are filling, think how big your root ball will be, is there gonna be enough substrate to sustain that?

e2a: if your plant is showing signs of hunger later on, rather than top dress, you could lightly feed biobizz, pm range etc.

Edited by Tegridy Farms
1 person likes this

@InTheSystemHi mate.Did you get the MOB tonics sent over from Cali.

Nice terrace by the way id love a spot like that.

Atb.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, InTheSystem said:

I think @buddy13 uses RO water and says he does notice increased microbial activity in the soil.

nope, not me. 

1 person likes this

@icki - Yes mate, direct from Mountain Organics.. I got a diary running I will be testing them on and it's a 1st cycle on very similar mix to yours. let's see how they do :) 

@buddy13 - Sorry bro. I know you, Icki or FalmerPalmers runs RO as it surprised me.... Or I have been smoking too much lollol  

2 people like this

I went from tap water to RO at the early stages of the pot.I certainly after a few weeks notice more activity.My tap water is hard chalky so no surprise the amount of shit thats in it.

@InTheSystem

Hey mate did you get hit for import tax.Ill give the tonics ago, but tbf at the mo alls good with out.

Id like to use for foliar feeding though.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@icki - I will tell you early next week as they are due to arrive. Last time I ordered from states I did not get stung as it was under 120 euros. But another time I have been taxed on under. Probably make it up knowing Spanish posty lollol I will ping you a PM and let you know fella.

Edited by InTheSystem
1 person likes this

16 hours ago, QFMAC said:

Hi mate. I couldn't understand it either at first lol

It's definitely 30ltrs. It's because when the soil is new and dry, it is expanded. It doesn't take up 30ltrs once watered in. The bag is 42.4L. I then added the worms and another 3ltrs of medium, plus straw. 

I know it sounds wrong but I've double checked.

If you want I can try and upload some better pictures tomorrow. 

I haven't taken many from under the canopy to show the buds going from underneath to the top but these will give you an idea. 24 days from the very first sign of a pistol showing. Some of these pics are from 3 or 4 days ago.

I can't tell what date some of these pics are in my album :bangin:

large.20200520_185211_compress38.jpglarge.20200520_185206_compress73.jpglarge.20200520_185203_compress52.jpglarge.20200520_185155_compress24.jpglarge.20200520_185134_compress22.jpglarge.20200520_185141_compress18.jpglarge.20200520_185146_compress22.jpglarge.20200520_185151_compress35.jpglarge.20200517_200543_compress76.jpglarge.20200517_200538_compress85.jpglarge.20200517_200534_compress89.jpglarge.20200517_200517_compress49.jpglarge.20200517_200521_compress31.jpg

Tidy! 

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, QFMAC said:

Do you mean a 35ltr pot or 35ltrs medium?

I think that you may need to add some amendments in the later stages if you're going 20 weeks?

I use Indoor Organics Notill Amendment kit and Malted Barley & Biosys.

I've only once added 2 tablespoons on one occasion of the Notill amendment kit and I very much doubt I needed to do it at all, but I'm trying to play it safe as it's a dry amendment and needs time to be watered in.

I was in veg for 8 weeks from seed then just started week 4 of flower and no signs of any deficiency at all. 

Okay maybe 8 weeks training would work. Was hoping to top up with biosis stuff, around mid flower I guess then. thanks for shout out. 

15 hours ago, Tegridy Farms said:

If it was an auto I would lean towards yes but knowing that it’s not I would say it Depends on how big the area your planning on filling with ScrOG. I would say you would definitely need to feed biopsy’s every few weeks and maybe a top dress of the amendment around mid flower. Like I say it plays on variables such as the area you are filling, think how big your root ball will be, is there gonna be enough substrate to sustain that?

e2a: if your plant is showing signs of hunger later on, rather than top dress, you could lightly feed biobizz, pm range etc.

Good call on biobizz! Yes it's 1.2 metres 1.8 hight (with fan/filter) so hence the scoggy. Would two photos topped at 8 weeks fill that okay? I like to get "inside" tent to do anything so only plan to fill out 75% capacity, probably won't use a net, I find moving pots a blessing in such a small space. 

1 person likes this