Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hopsarecannabistoo

first time growing. does this look ok?

36 posts in this topic

hjey thats  one thing i struggle with with chillis, is knowing when to water them i am not good at guessing weights of stuff, (i dont have this issue at the moment with my chillis as they are living outside and will live outside till september) so yeah watering is my weakness lol  and ive found that putting in smaller pots for me seems to help germination i dont know why i jsut have more luck with little pots. ( the watrering mat isnt compatable with the tubs im using, i am hand watering atm) im new to this :) im ok at chillis i can grow them but getting them to fruit is my weakness with  chillis, off 30 plants i only had about 500 chillis's so ive bought a fuck ton of nutrients this year, giving  nutrients a try for this year if it doesnt work il go back to tomato feed and rain water lol but im taking all advice in :) i need all the help i can get aha 

Edited by Hopsarecannabistoo
2 people like this

1 hour ago, Hopsarecannabistoo said:

get the plants on this station as it seems to make them grow like mad (better than the grow room for some reason)

The reason is- your babies are getting lots of intense light, very close up. The sun/light is the power source of life, more power=more growth.
(but never too close that it burns or cooks them- you could try lights as close as you can, but test your hand under the lights at plant level- if you can feel burning or too much heat then raise the lights until you can hold your hand there for a minute with just gentle warmth, but your growing station looks at a good height already)

Edited by greensprout
2 people like this

Looks alright, bit over watered but no biggie, don't worry, plants know what to do, just provide the basic needs and they do better with less fuss :yep: 

2 people like this

Heres my amnesia auto germed on 7/4.

When repotted it was 13" tall in a 5" pot according to my log.

Potted up to 10" pot on 23/5 she's now over 2' tall.  Not even a month old yet.

large.5cf3cebe4a497_Amnesiaauto2619.JPG

Ps My chilli grower mate uses a nute called chilli focus. If you check the datasheet for its npk it will give you an idea of what chillis need for feed.

I'm using spent coffee grounds as a slow release high N feed and some tomato feed.

They're only about 6" tall though. Proud of my chillis so far.

3 people like this

there is a mild breeaze outside so i have them outside because i founmd that if you shake a stem it provides a very strong stem as the plant feels its windy so hardens its stem ;: it works with chillis so i thought ifd give it a go with this plant for an houir or two before going back ude the light. im  gonna try the cannabis nutrients i got recommended for chillis and for cannabis so il use rthem on both 

i think if i do well with the cannabis i have done this time, next time im gonna try some just CBD strains (the point of me growing them is for medicinal reasons) and i like to have a mix. CBD for when i have work to do THC for when i dont 

Good luck with the nutes then mate.

Nothing wrong with putting the plants outside. The light will be miles better than any inside lights.

More of the spectrum for the plant to absorb.

I put mine outside as soon as they have a trefoil leaf if its a nice sunny day, I dont always bother if its cloudy and overcast, it depends on other weather conditions and my time management and If they will eventually go outside to live.

Good luck

1 person likes this

not watered it all day today and still slightly droopy. i was wondering if the leaves where too heavy for it to fully lift lol 

It's probably feeling a little bit down and dormant 

7 hours ago, Hopsarecannabistoo said:

not watered it all day today and still slightly droopy. i was wondering if the leaves where too heavy for it to fully lift lol 

Just to cover every angle, and as it hasn't already been asked, but have have got holes in the bottom of that tiny pot?

Also, autoflowering taproots shoot down at an incredible rate.  It's probably struggling in there already.  I'd get it out of there and into your final pot ASAP as not to stunt growth.

Edited by JJJ
1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Hopsarecannabistoo said:

dont have this issue at the moment with my chillis as they are living outside and will live outside till september

This is the reason your chillies don't do better. They aren't really suited to being outside in British weather, especially this time of year if they are already out. They are a warmth loving and will not appreciate the cold nights not being undercover 

2 people like this

9 hours ago, JJJ said:

Just to cover every angle, and as it hasn't already been asked, but have have got holes in the bottom of that tiny pot?

Also, autoflowering taproots shoot down at an incredible rate.  It's probably struggling in there already.  I'd get it out of there and into your final pot ASAP as not to stunt growth.

yeah its got raised holes :) thats  why its not compatable with the water matt :) 

Edited by Hopsarecannabistoo
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

This is the reason your chillies don't do better. They aren't really suited to being outside in British weather, especially this time of year if they are already out. They are a warmth loving and will not appreciate the cold nights not being undercover 

first year they have been out all summer. last year they was in the grow room all year and they didnt like it much :) i have updated my grow room  now 

9 hours ago, JJJ said:

i planted it on the 26th. you think its pot bound already? 

3 minutes ago, Hopsarecannabistoo said:

i planted it on the 26th. you think its pot bound already? 

It's not that it's pot-bound in the sense that a regular plant becomes pot-bound (roots circling - packed with roots) but the taproot grows really fast.

I've seen the tap-root poking out the bottom of a jiffy pellet only hours after she broke ground.

You want to avoid disturbing the roots of an auto at all cost.  It could and probably would add unnecessary stress to the delicate seedling and will ultimately result in a smaller plant with a significantly smaller yield.

The trick to growing autoflowers is to provide them with a stress-free start to life. hence the reason for not potting up in stages as you would with a regular strain.  Many growers even start them off in their final pots to avoid these issues altogether. However, this carries risks of its own, such as the chance of over watering and slightly slower growth from the beginning.

Make sure to wet the soil in the little pot and let it sit for a few hours before attempting to remove it.

I recently started using these little nursery pouches.  They're great - just transplant them directly without disturbing the roots and let the roots grow right through them.

If you are going to use a starter pot, 0.5L is about right.  That way you can be looking to get them potted up from around the 10 day mark without causing too much if any stress.

I hope this helps.

Edited by JJJ
1 person likes this