Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

coldroom

Sound Dampening Growdrobe

Evening All,

I have had this idea floating round my head and I'm wondering if you can let me know your thoughts and tell me if it is feasible or not. 

I gave up growing because of landlord inspections, I used to have a 1m x 1m tent in my spare room with a 600w hps and got some good results, I tried to time it right every time but things either over ran or what happened when I made the decision to jack it in I had a huge leak through my living room ceiling and, after almost having a heart attack, had to quickly ditch my grow week 4.5 of flower. Wounded. 

So my plan is to build what looks like a wardrobe on the outside with a grow box on the inside. I will use MDF to build a box that is 70 x 70 and then build a box around it which is 85 x 85 and fill the cavity with insulation, either the stuff they use in recording studios, rockwool or sound proof plasterboard. I will also have 2 doors with the outer door having same insulation. 

I will use a 315w CMH in an open air hood, 6 inch TD Silent fan, 8 inch carbon filter, fan silencer and acoustic ducting, a rubber mat under a tote which will be my dwc bucket and will have about 9 plants 12 12 from clone in a sog style set up. 

I'm hoping that by employing these techniques I can dampen the sound enough that if a landlord inspection happens, I can have a game running on my PC and have the fans mask any sound that leaks out. I don't know if all this will be in vein with a passive intake which is basically a hole that all the sound can leak out of, I only thought of the intake when I tried to draw my design. I am also unsure whether cooling will be sufficient. I have attached a crude drawing of my plan.

My budget for the build is 1k and space is limited so I have a 90 x 90 x 200 area to play with. Can anyone throw out some ideas or let me know if you think this will work.

Cheers, 

large.Drawing.png

Bump for advice! Shopping commences this weekend.