Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

colboyxx

Extraction issues

Posted (edited)

Hi all, I'm really struggling with heat in the tent at the moment, is it possible someone could assist with the maths for correct extraction please, my equipment is,

tent - 2.5ft x 2ft x 5ft

rhino pro carbon filter

rhino extraction fan 100mm 280m3

vipar 600w led (276 from wall)

i have got a 100m3 intake fan pulling fresh air from outside attached but when I turn it on I loose negative pressure, so it's either reaching 30 degrees or I get smell, can someone help please, 

Edited by colboyxx

Your options are to either do away with the intake fan or to buy a larger extract fan and filter.

1 person likes this

Thanks for your reply buddy, the maths doesn't seem to work out, if I use the calculator on here it only says I need to extract a very small amount, (in the 20s if I remember) so me running a 280m3 should be overkill surely, I've also got very good negative pressure now

The growroom tool says I have 0.7m3

it says I need 29m3/h extraction with filter

and I'm pulling far far more than that even to the point of the humidity drops to 30% which I correct with a humidifier, so confused I'm getting these temps

The air exchange you're talking about is to provide enough fresh air, not keeping temps in check. The other factor is that your will not shift the same amount of air once it has a filter attached due to the resistance the filter adds. The result as you've seen is a blown out tent. I know from experience that a 5" a1 with a filter with a 4" a1 intake will not give negative pressure.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Get a wac1 fan controller or similar for the intake to be slowed down

or like monkeypig kind of suggests... get a bigger extraction fan

Edited by Rampa Green
1 person likes this

Are you venting out of the space or does it recirculate ?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I vent through the ceiling into the loft, all done with ridged ducting too, 

Edited by colboyxx

large.IMG_1056.jpg

I don't see why you need an intake?

Reading the Mountain air brochure- they recommend passive intake,

of course if you need to filter or move the air through distance  or such...

Stoned and IMO obvs.:smokin: