what's your starter?

sittingrelaxing

To be honest I didnt really have a preference for the first one I go to. Jus the first 1 I see. I try not to go in the same one more than once n sample a bit from everywhere.

Johna

• 2 weeks later...

depending on wether I roll into a'dam proper via road or rail. Rail pop into rastababys cuz i like it's conservatory and chairs outside for relaxing and people watching. If i arrive in a taxi then it'll probably be bushdoctor or rokerij for some satty hazey goodness. :wink:

we always go straight to "SPEAKEASY", on the Oudebrugsteeg (off damrak) in between the Grasshopper and Baba's, 5 minutes from central station

its not the most inspiring place in town and you won't want to stay long

but its weed is top notch, the prices are the lowest in town and they do some serious weed cake that is an awesome start to any day!

you will also see other coffeeshop employees buying their weed in there which has to be good :wink:

Edited by Dometick

We always head to the Greenhouse in the RLD and have done ever since the early 90s. Initially it was the Tolstraat one, but then the RLD one became easier and quicker after landing.

The ritual is get off the train, or out of the cab at the hotel, chuck bags on beds, fast walk to Greenhouse, score 3g of SSH and a coffee, roll a fattie, check the time, smoke j, drink coffee, 30 minutes later the walls are melting and everyone is happy :yuck:

Unfortunately in recent years the SSH is just shit - a shadow of what it used to be. Still a great venue to hang out with friends, despite Arjan's seedy shenanigans, with lots of great memories.

GN

• 1 month later...

My first visit to the dam wasn't so long ago. We stopped off at Hunters coffee shop and will hopefully be stopping off there again soon to sample some of that fine fine sour diesel. lol

Ohh I'm new btw HI!!

• 3 weeks later...
My first visit to the dam wasn't so long ago. We stopped off at Hunters coffee shop and will hopefully be stopping off there again soon to sample some of that fine fine sour diesel. :rofl:

Ohh I'm new btw HI!!

Hi, welcome to UK420 :D

This time we'll be starting off by dropping into cafe 420, conveniently placed a few blocks behind our hotel, for some Super Silver Haze. Then off to HGF or Amnesia.

Last time we picked up some L.A. Confidential from Centraal coffeeshop on the way to the hotel, had a joint, then wandered around a bit until randomly finding cafe 420. We bought some SSH and I rolled up a spliff of it, we literally couldn't move our arses off the seat for 30 mins. We just sat in a daze smiling at each other and staring at the big TV playing Planet Earth, finding it pretty funny how caned one joint got us. It was awesome :)

Edited by Nepenthe

• 7 months later...

Depends on where I come into and the purpose of the trip.

I have made trips specifically to smoke Super Silver Haze so Greenhouse out by Waterlooplien was the first stop and more recently Centrum as the older one (not oldest) went members only.

Dampkring is sometimes first for the stock up on variety mission.

These days though, Homegrown Fantasy as it's closest to my favourite hotels and is guaranteed a decent smoke and decent seat. The two precious commodoties.

Or Barney's if I've arrived on a coach down in Amstel at silly o'clock.

If coming in by car then the first shop is in Breda.

If coming in by train then first shop is in Roosendall, the real 'wild west' of the Netherlands.

Edited by CheeseyRhino

• 3 weeks later...

My starter always used tone baba in RLD but just got back and from now on it's got to be Barneys lounge near rembrantsplein. Dr Grindspoon they sell was the best saliva I ever had

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

if all goes to plan 6 of us should be coming out Dam train station no later than 10am in the morning! Our apartment we have is next to the Prix D'ami so we are going to start there. Heard the Sleaze is amazing so i am going to pick up a gram of that, but cos we are getting up at 4.30am to get to the airport & fly at 7am i am going to stick with the haze/sativas for most of the day so the S5-Haze is going to be the 1st smoke of the trip.

• 2 weeks later...