what's your starter?

sittingrelaxing

wotcha brethren,

nice to read something of value re: 'dam, i appreciate every post every person submits not just this thread the whole shabang.. thank you sr, and thank you all. still, i'm digressing....some thoughts....

kc, if you're looking for an early opener (i hear you on the first flight out trick) bluebird opens at 9:30 half hour early than most. i believe barneys was or is 24 hour but it's not somewhere i'm very familiar with - yet!

although greenhouse tolstraat is a little bling bling with the celeb photos, the opulence and friendly (often very attractive) staff make it a prime coffeeshop for *lounging*. nearby katsu with the old granny and lots of locals have a some nice bubble hash including "crystal clear" with i think is pure sat. mmm. sativanederhash mmm err excuse me..... the cupystraat market with the stroopwaffel stall is worth a butcher's too.

i think dampkring/tweedekamer have the best allround selection (and venues). i prefer tweedekamer just cos its smaller sometimes big crowds make me para on strong stuff. but dampkring's excellent inside-a-tree interior makes me laugh. they're moonshine is topnotch. finally, and its a bit random 'siberie' has lots of imported weed and the seeds make for a nice breeding / cultivation project back home. well i can dream...

where can one purchase 'flo' in amsterdam?

be well all

faustus

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

my favourite is choice exact.... just over the bridge from the sensi seed bank smack in the middle of the red light district...

its an old family run shop with a chilled atmosphere and they serve beer too...

a great place to relax with you favourite smoke listening to bob marley...

that palce is my heaven..... :blub:

t_choice%20exact.jpg

Edited by erbalizer

• 2 weeks later...

we got into schipol at 7.30am and were wandering towards our hotel shortly after 9 :smoke: that was my first time in 'dam (goin back this summer, and every other summer lol). we dropped the bags n went explorin, ended up in homegrown fantasy, got some super-crystal and went back to the hotel to smoke and pass out, as i hadn't slept for bout 28hours :headpain: i loved smokin at the grasshopper by the police station, its liberating as hell saying good afternoon to a pair of coppers whilst tokin on a 3-sheeter of white widow and dubble-bubble, hahaha. peace

For me (and the missus both agree!) that first it's De Kroon (due to location from station) then its Rookies (off Leidsplien, down Korteleidsedwarsstraat) love their house special as it always knocks me into the following week ;) (they also have a pooltable, will play any CD or tape if you ask nice enough, and serve alcohol to boot!) what a heavy lick, and then finally try and locate the Bluebird, funny enough not just for the puff :soap: but I love playing pinball and sitting upstairs in them big comfy sofas.

In the red light district (deffo avoid the Grasshopper) we found a couple that we liked. One was called 36, they played some decent dance music (36 Warmoesstraat) they also have pool tables and a pinball machine. They serve alcohol, and the atmosphere is generally good, but I find that as it isn't my favourite music, the techno can get on your nerves after a while.

The other was called Funny People (further on down past 36 before you get to China Town on the right), you guessed it a fabulous Star Wars pinball machine, nice atmosphere, although no pool table (due to lack of space) at least they do sell (if that's what you want) alcohol :soap: .

We did find a very strange one which we liked (think it was near Kalvertstraat) where the walls were decked out like you were under water. Fish and seashells lined the walls, and the atmosphere was good. Looked like it was the kind of place where the locals go...

Another one we found that we DID NOT like was off Leidsplien (missus reckons it was the Rokerij, or summat like that). First we HAD to show or passports as they said this place was just for foreigners ;) , and then we were not allowed entry unless our hats were removed!!! From that moment on we just felt like we were in a place just to get ripped off...

Anyway just my quids worth, if you go, you will find places that you will love and lets just say not so love, but all in all worth every moment :) ...

Peace...

k, i'm off to the dam in the summer with a few pals for the first time.

any suggestions for my first experiance of a amsterdam cafe?

i would prefere to stay away from the whole touresty thing.

and erbalizer, i'll defo be looking out for choice exact. sounds like my kinda place!

hi

me and mrs cheggs always go to the 36 first.

if you are going from the station then you go up up the hill (damrack) ;) then take a left at the grasshopper then you are there.

just opposite route 66, sometimes we have a wicked time there but recently noticed the atmosphere or staff that good.

hopefully its back to its old good ways for april :wassnnme:

peace............bigcheggs :!: (still convinced its up the way)

Errrrr, no Bigcheggs :unsure:

You know it's down lol !!!

April is not a bad time to go, went early April last year for Mrs Whizz's birthday...

Glad you like Coffeeshop 36, be careful next time you go, cos the walk from the station D O W N to 36 can be a bit short :bush:

Peace

G (and Mrs Whizz!)

Edited by G-Whizz!

Choice exact, What a shop!!!!

Lovely place with the comfy bit downstairs!!

There always seems to be a seat in there too....

Got some Nepalease Temple ball from Dutch Flowers and then wandered over to Choice exact, grabbed a beer and a sofa and that was me done for a few hours, loveley!!!! :guitar::unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

i'd say baba......... it's probably the best place when u get to the dam where u can buy some rich and potent cream for ur chillum!!!!!!!!

hi there just back from dam would have 2 say that mine r greenhouse just across frm the hemp musuim there cup winning hawan snow thc 23.5% was the muts nuts & of course dampking was brill so much 2 chose from new york deisal woo what a smoke rusland also nice chilled out place alredy planning a rtn trip

stay away from them grashoppers there weed was double the price compared 2 most nearly 17 18 euro a grm

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gotta be Ricks Cafe in the red light district..... the quality of the weed can go up and down, and the menu isnt extensive...but the ambience in there is great... decent music, comfy chairs, but the best thing of all, is that you arent surrounded by 50 yuppies smoking their first spliff while drinkin vodka n red bull - it just isnt trendy enough...heheh

Outside in the summer next to the canal, with rock music belting out from the bar next door, a coupla bikers for eye candy....a quiet game of pool....and i think it was nepalese temple ball...... Ricks gets my vote :headpain:

KKxx

• 4 weeks later...

La canna,then on to extreme for an underground,close quarters smoke,the australian chick rocks aswell. ;)