what's your starter?

sittingrelaxing

just wondered when you go to amsterdam what's the very first coffee shop you visit?

mine's "OLD STYLE"(big pirate outside) to the right of damrak. then onto barney's, then i'm ready for me break............................

sittingrelaxing

Always DE Kroon...

On the right of the Damrak as well....Just before (Or mabey after!) Teasers

Nice bag of AK-47 and then off to the Greenhouse

Ummmmmm Happy Days

;)

Good thread SR.

Worth pinning this for a while as our definitive guide to Amsterdam.

My first stop is usually Barney's then on to the Homegrown Fantasy. Most nights spent in the Bluebird.

Haarlem is a must for a day out.

My advice would be to stay out of the centre, to many tourists!!

Mellow Yellow (near the leidesplein), Grey area (bit small for my liking), Bluebird and Homegrown Fantasy are all friendly, comfortable places. Homegrown Fantasy usually has the best music (IMO)

High ya

Mein Gott

It depends with me what time i hit town !! (i stay in a buds place 10 mins outta dam by tram)

If its Early then Barneys or Abraxas.. (depends which stop we get off)

If its Later Rokerij 2 or Greenhouse (Centrum)

THe Next time u go visit The NooN (not far from Leidsplien) Home of the BLUEBERRY and WOW its just WOW :) :)

PS

As JC said, Haarlem (An easy train journey from Dam) The Quality of MJ here is the Cannines Testicles, especially T' Teehuis Smedestraat 25 and Willie Wortel's Sativa (Frans Hals) Kruisweg 46, go see u will love Haarlem .. and if u go on market day (in the main square) have some of the mega munchies on offer .. :) mmmmmmmmmmmmm got to plan another visit !!

:(

• Like 1

hi twai,

i used to like the greenhouse, but then they put a fcuking turnstyle in,why?

the tiolet's good,but it aint worth queing for!!!!!!!

homegrown fantasy do the best tasting space vanilla sponge cake,literaly out of this world...the feash orange was nice but tripped a bit at the geeza behind the bar he was a bit"jagger-esk" :)

when i first went i spent most me time in cafe's,

as time changes,so do your choices, as with growing it's a learning curve.....

and shit, do we learn.....i spend the days in growing shops,asking and looking

then on the nights it's cafe's & window shopping.......asking and looking.

agree totally, about getting to haarlem,infact try anywhere different -den haag,utrecht,rotterdam and breda,there might not be many there but there worth seeking out and it doesn't take long by lovelly dutch"on time"trains.

if a 420 meeting is everheld overthere,

can i put me name down,

cheers

sittingrelaxing

nice to see people like the markets aswell.

used to like the greenhouse, but then they put a fcuking turnstyle in,why?

A turnstyle ?? i was there in october 2002 and before that in the march same year no turnstyles ?? !! Are we talking about the same coffeeshop ?? Groovey twinkling lights in alcove nevs haze mmmmmmmmm

Greenhouse Centrum

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 191

Amsterdam 1012 EW

oz_wall.jpg

They have just torn out every thing and rebuilding the interior !!

That was me ninth trip over there and my learning curves still in the coffeeshops :P plus me mate drives me if we wanna go elsewhere (check the coast excellent and iselmir lakes (spelling leaves me for now)

A coffeshop with a groovey toilet is Home grown fantasy (the sign of the eye) al glowy and weird heh heh

We were supposed to have a 420 meet there last year .. only i went !! tsk ! :)

hi twai, im sure it was greenhouse, your picture is the one i liked(hang on)

.......i was last there in august 2002,did the toilets av oyster shells on the ceilling and tiny mirrors on the walls?

through the turnstyles is a "chilled bit" i just didn't like it.

i hope it's another greenhouse as i like the one in your picture-(nice ak-47 to take back to the hotel) i'll try and find my stuff from last visit.

always get more done with a driver.

sorry to hear you was left to yourself (420 wise),how many was there going?

and who ever let you down, you should feel bad,

what's the world coming too??????????

sittingrelaxing

Guys its the Greenhouse at Waterlooplein not the Centrum one, think it is called Nastre. I agree the place is nice but the turnstyle is a bit out of keeping with the rest of the decor and is a bit of a pain in the arse.

Normally my first stop is Dutch Flowers for some supershiva. :P

My fav place for chillin in the day is Coffeeshop Rusland, high quality, low price and free use of the volcano vaporiser!! :)

cheers bud, thank fcuk for that, i've gained a shop!!!!!! been moaning to my pals,

i tell you what though from outside,(at night) they look the same!!!!!!!

like i said it was always late "ak-47 and back to the hotel" i will have to try a bit of

day caffin.

cheers,you've made me day

sittingrelaxing

High ya

im glad its not the centrum one as i like the ambience (oh dont dyou know :P ) Nevs or super silver ambience (theres 3 Greenhouse's)...

Id forgotton about Rusland cool coffeeshop nearly all Dutch folks in there too nice and big inside too if i remember correctly ..

I also have to visit De Dampkring when in Dam I cant miss it, also Babas is an excellent shop for the Hashes !!

Check here for an excellent guide to the coffeeshops

:)

• Like 1

High ya

Mein Gott

It depends with me what time i hit town !! (i stay in a buds place 10 mins outta dam by tram)

If its Early then Barneys or Abraxas.. (depends which stop we get off)

If its Later Rokerij 2 or Greenhouse (Centrum)

THe Next time u go visit The NooN (not far from Leidsplien) Home of the BLUEBERRY and WOW its just WOW :):P

Ahhhhhh the sweet memories...

Sitting in Abraxas watching some bloke make a huge spliff of white widow. Taking a toke and then wondering out to leave it for someone else :D

A day at the Noon, smoking Red Bud, BubbleGum and Blueberry. Building candle pyres until near sundown..

Going to the Dampkring, shortly after landing, he takes a toke and Jenoli white's out on the pavement.

Back to "that man's" place, and 4 bongs later watching the celing Flloooowww with the celing Fan.

Ahhhhh Now that was FUN :D

I think I start at DE Kroons as well... Will try to remember to look up at sign next time,outa the station,down on the right(avoid Grasshopper Argh!).Is that the place where ya pee & it looks bright white?!?! Always get a bit of DoubleZero for a real "retro" hit hehe and sets me up for the short walk down to the Bushdocter Rembrantsplien for lunch & ice-olated bubblehash mmm.Feel set-up then and ready to start wandering & sampling all the different weeds & hash,Bluebird nearby is usually next on the list!

00 rings a bell.

Small place near the back of centrum, small place, run by americans, had one HUGE vaporiser??

Or was that another place?

Two Sheds>>

Thats the one mate.....

Lovely place to start in that...Only found out on my 3rd visit they have an upstairs!!! :alien:

Went in Nov 2002 and the AK-47 I bought was the strongest stuff I've ever had...Totally blew me away!! Too strong IMHO....