what's your starter?

sittingrelaxing

Gotta be Tweede Kamer for me then usually stagger up to the Greenhouse, used to always visit Willie Wortels til it moved, I also like Yanks in Zandvoort as thats where I usually stay now, Centre Parks, can't recommend it enough and the fact that its built next door to the ex-grand prix track dosen't sway a car geek like me. Ah waking to the sound of race cars while sitting in my wee pourch having my morning toke.

Next time I'm there I'm wanting to try Barneys as I've heard so much about it and Bush Doctors as I was told they had a menu of bubblehash where you can choose what strain of bud its made from, can anyone confirm this?

Barney's is a great wee coffeshop, and they do a mean breakfast too!

A friend and I are off to A'dam in 4 short weeks and funnily enough, this very question was discussed a few nights ago. We decided to go to Barney's for starters, waiting patiently for the Grey Area to open to scoop up some of their fine, fine Kif (the unpressed trichomes), which was being made from their 4077 med weed the last time I was over.

I cannot find the words to convey the supreme pleasure and utter astonishment that this angel-dust induces. Each and every single toke seems to take you just that little bit higher, that little bit further than you've ever been before. And the spliffs are absolutely impossible to put down or pass on! The best, nay the only way to sum up the awesomeness of this Kif is to quote Jim Morrison

Out here in the perimeter there are no stars. Out here we is stoned... Immaculate

My first ever coffeeshop experience was The Doors Cafe (funnily enough), and what a 1st experience it was! We were just off the train and I was hungry (as I often am), so I asked the barman in the Doors if they had any food. His reply will go with me to my grave.

I'm sorry my friend, we only sell drugs and alcohol

What class! A real Kodak moment :guitar: Suffice to say we ordered a selection of both and my hunger pangs were quickly replaced by an intense couch-lock session. Followed by a gradual rising sensation which threatened to actually lift me off my seat at times. The speaker behind me was faulty and faded in and out constantly which I think was at least partly responsible for my perilous state of inebriation! Nothing to do with the Oranjeboom, Northern Light's, AK-47 and White Widow which we variously and copiusly consumed.... Honest it wasn't :yinyang:

*phew* sorry about that un-called for ramble into the smoke filled recesses of my imagination... I have obviously toked too much tonight to make sensible contributions. Oh well, off to watch next month's Simpsons

Edited by Sir Baggalot of Bud

Bush Doctors as I was told they had a menu of bubblehash where you can choose what strain of bud its made from, can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed,both the Amstel & Rembrantsplien Bushdocters have the fabled ice-o-lator menu,and top of the list,when in stock is JellyHash.You wont usually find the "ice"menu readily available on the counter & will have to ask for it,and they will "advise" on how strong the stuff really is.Seen too many "tourists" tokers wiped out by the stuff.Mate there xmas/newyear,no Jelly but at 30euros a gram he didnt mind :yinyang:,plenty of other pure weed ice-o-lators tho at 20/25 euros a gram.....Enjoy

p.s.....edited to add barneys rocks too,good weed & brekkies too!

Edited by Twosheds

• 3 weeks later...

For me its Kadinsky's...just a laid back place with an old station clock that never moves...not the greatest dope or the best coffee, unpretentious & relaxed.

Any of you recommend a nice low-key pleasant atmospheric type place for a 57 year old herb smoking woman to visit - will be my first visit to Amsterdam.

HOJ

i recommend ricks cafe near the greenhouse.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm...well, I'm a bit of sad bugger here. I prefer the really dark, dingy places. I usually find the people are great, and real helpful. I still go back to my first ever coffee shop, everytime I visit the Dam. Always my first, and always my last.

The Blues Brothers

OK...it is in no way a modern coffee shop, but it has this warm lived in feeling to it. The kind you get if you went to an old theatre.

Anyway, thats just me

Magic Man xxxx

Guest stone win

Hmmm...well, I'm a bit of sad bugger here. I prefer the really dark, dingy places. I usually find the people are great, and real helpful. I still go back to my first ever coffee shop, everytime I visit the Dam. Always my first, and always my last.

The Blues Brothers

OK...it is in no way a modern coffee shop, but it has this warm lived in feeling to it. The kind you get if you went to an old theatre.

Anyway, thats just me

Magic Man xxxx

I've had some good times in the Blues Brothers many years ago now, MM as a lot of my friends used this place... and had some good times in there :wassnnme: and met some good people I'll never forget... :wassnnme:

Last time I stayed in Haarlem,a short train journey from Dam, 11 miles.Frans Hals is one of Nols chain of coffeeshops a good one too :wassnnme: also very friendly

.An advantage is you can stay above the coffeeshop. Which a bunch of us did..last year, great place to meet up.. :wassnnme: ..its right outside the Train Station- Nols also written a book about coffeeshops history and culture in Holland,

dutchexperience.jpg

so he knows his ganja, and prides himself on good standards, which I agree

:yinyang: winnie

ps heres the address if you ever wish to stay there.....

Willie Wortel's Sativa (Frans Hals)

Kruisweg 46

2011 LD Haarlem

leaving for 5th trip on the 22nd and have always made the coffeeshop get down to it my first port of call. its just round the corner from bulldog Leidseplein. was there in november for my birthday and my beautiful girlfriend bought me a bag of shiva haze to kickstart the weekend, cant remember the price but the haze was good ;) . also its quite dark at the bar which suited me. internet / pool tables .

Peace. :yinyang::spliff:

I've had some good times in the Blues Brothers many years ago now, MM as a lot of my friends used this place... and had some good times in there :smoke: and met some good people I'll never forget... ;)

Last time I stayed in Haarlem,a short train journey from Dam, 11 miles.Frans Hals is one of Nols chain of coffeeshops a good one too :smoke: also very friendly

.An advantage is you can stay above the coffeeshop. Which a bunch of us did..last year, great place to meet up.. ;) ..its right outside the Train Station- Nols also written a book about coffeeshops history and culture in Holland,

dutchexperience.jpg

so he knows his ganja, and prides himself on good standards, which I agree

ps heres the address if you ever wish to stay there.....

Willie Wortel's Sativa (Frans Hals)

Kruisweg 46

2011 LD Haarlem

I'll remember that next time I'm going across. Its all about pride at the end of the day. I've never really liked these multi-corp style coffee shops, because most of the time they're out to make money. The small places are just doing it because they want to. And thats the reason why I go back.

Guest stone win

themagicman I just remembered that my friends left a badge up in the Blues Brothers, A NCC badge,- a diamond shape one- National Chopper Club, is it still there? I must make the effort to go there again...

Nol has some good weed, I was doing amnesia haze,and NYCD when I was there last...

I'm sure you'd like Haarlem

ps I need to go there and chill,

I love Holland and when are we going to have english coffeeshops , and become civilised

yeah the shops out of central tend to be cheaper theres a good little place called happy people[tram14 from dam sq] extensive hash/grass menu 15eur for iceolator.Its close to camping zeeburg which we always stay in summer although it gets full last week in july/aug i hope there showin the footie this summer.

• 6 months later...

havn't been in a few years but myself and the missus used to always go to balou's off of the rembrandtsplien. its a tiny littleplace with internet upstairs and they will let you pick the sounds, hardly any tourists almost all dutch people , they pop in at lunch break for a quick spliff and a cuppa, really friendly and helpfull staff.

there was one called cum laude who had the blackest stickiest gloop called ming but it changed name but when it was cum laude they had the best selection i ever saw.

by the way i did notice if you go over out of season ie.jan-mar then prices are way way lower and you get a better selection but be prepared for torrential rain and lightning(free light show). alternatively try utrecht its a better cleaner city with less rip off merchants.

yeah i would love to get back again but a growing family makes this harder ,

go to holland and enjoy

• 1 month later...

First stop goto b Central coffieshop great weed.good prices.All laid out before you.Make ur choice roll a fat one .The day takes on a whole new meaning.near central station.round corner from prinz henderick :yinyang: :wink: :kewlpics: ;)

• 8 months later...
First stop goto b Central coffieshop great weed.good prices.All laid out before you.Make ur choice roll a fat one .The day takes on a whole new meaning.near central station.round corner from prinz henderick :smoke: :wink: :yinyang::yahoo:

Your right Dr pure bud,Centrals a great coffee shop,and one of the best for value in the centre of Amsterdam.

It depends on what time of day i arrive!,If its early,its straight off to Barneys for a Breakfast and some Carramello cream!. If not its straight to Babas on Wormostraat..Only really for sentiment,It was the first coffee shop i went in on my first visit to Amsterdam..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I'm new to these forum things, I would like to say my first and favourite stop is Hunters Bar on the Warmoesstraat fortunately it is right next door to the hotel I stay in which is not too far from the centraal station, the decor and music is of the type where you just skin up sit back and spread out, due to new regulations some of the coffee shops no longer sell both alcohol and weed it seems to be either one or the other, still at least they haven't taken a leaf out of our book and made them all no smoking.

I go to Amsterdam fairly often and with so many coffee shops to explore I had a surf around the net and found a good guide with all the addresses of the different places to chill if anyone is interested it was from a site called

elite-publications.com. Can't wait to go back and will hopefully be going back in early September