Hash Oil/honey Oil Storage

w99illie

i have read a lot of threads on making oils and hash.i have never read about storage.if i start making some great oil i would like to save a small amount from each batch to save for special times...(birthdays,aniversaries,christmas)...any thoughts?...or does everyone consume it all before storage is an issue... :cheers: ...happy highs to all here

Both are good, but I do as HMT suggests; in a tuperware with a dessicant with it (silica gel) and put it in the top of the fridge. No way any moisture will get in then and it keeps it nice. :)

• 1 year later...
Both are good, but I do as HMT suggests; in a tuperware with a dessicant with it (silica gel) and put it in the top of the fridge. No way any moisture will get in then and it keeps it nice. :wassnnme:

You may have seen people recommending using IPA (isopropyll alcohol) to help with getting the oil off the evaporation dish. This is not the real reason for using it. Once honey oil is dissolved in IPA it won't degrade at all in sunlight, as neat honey oil will (the THC breaking down into CBD). I once worked at a design studio where we could smoke cigarettes and was able to put a few drops of BHO laden IPA on my rizla using a pippette, let it dry then make a cigarette. Off my nut all day every day with nobody the wiser. It doesn't even smell like weed, just a sort of perfume-like aroma.

Hope this helps.

Turn it to Budder w99illie!

For more information click From Honey Oil to Budder in our signature.

IMO by far the best way to store the goodness for the special moments in life :sadwalk:

Hope this helps. Greetings!

post-29079-1232035191_thumb.jpg

post-29079-1232035414_thumb.jpg

Edit: Ohhh did not recognise how old this topic is... sorry.

SGBs

Edited by SuburbanGrowBroths

• 4 years later...

You may have seen people recommending using IPA (isopropyll alcohol) to help with getting the oil off the evaporation dish. This is not the real reason for using it. Once honey oil is dissolved in IPA it won't degrade at all in sunlight, as neat honey oil will (the THC breaking down into CBD). I once worked at a design studio where we could smoke cigarettes and was able to put a few drops of BHO laden IPA on my rizla using a pippette, let it dry then make a cigarette. Off my nut all day every day with nobody the wiser. It doesn't even smell like weed, just a sort of perfume-like aroma.

Hope this helps.

Interesting..

Hope this helps.

Wait do u make bho as normal then instead of scaping it off disolve it in ipa?

ive always wantd to know how to make a hash that I could drip on a rizzla..hw long does it take to dry?

• Like 1

parchment paper,sealed freezer bag and into the freezer it goes dont want it to be buddered tastesless and rough as fuck. :yinyang:

• Like 2

Guest Glasto

I also store mine in the fridge, just like my seeds, non bleached parchment,sealed container with some silica wraps inside, it keeps fresh for ages but ive woke again today to find my errls on the table where i left them at 2am last night :headpain: Old habbits die hard :haveadab:

Peace :yinyang:

• Like 1

Wait do u make bho as normal then instead of scaping it off disolve it in ipa?

ive always wantd to know how to make a hash that I could drip on a rizzla..hw long does it take to dry?

Good point.. kill 2 birds n all that ??

i have read a lot of threads on making oils and hash.i have never read about storage.if i start making some great oil i would like to save a small amount from each batch to save for special times...(birthdays,aniversaries,christmas)...any thoughts?...or does everyone consume it all before storage is an issue... :cheers: ...happy highs to all here

What NMW said. A blue or opaque container is best to also block UV light exposure.